RemedySpot.com

Re: urgent: strep and zitromax dosages

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

For a current strep throat infection amoxicillin is the best antibiotic. Once the strep infection has cleared if you then have PANDAS symptoms you would then use azithromycin or augmentin. Your pediatrician should know the standard amoxicillin dose for your childs weight. They would need the minimum 10 day dose. From:

To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex > Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:28 AM Subject: urgent: strep and zitromax dosages

Hi all,My husband just came back positive for strep so i think the kids must have it too (they have been sick). we're heading to our regular ped in about an hr. Can anyone give me the "autism/pandas" zithromax dosages / days for a 5 year old (45lbs) and 2.5 year old (30ish lbs)? Also, does erithromycin work for strep? Since my kids have such terrible guts and clostridia i am concerned that this will flare with zithromax....any ideas greatly appreciated!!thanks,megan

Guest guest

Thank you susan!!! The rapid test came back negative so still waiting for the 2day results. I suppose we should run titers at the next test too. Have you had the yasko testing? I was just readng about the meds to avoid with mthfr mutations and it was practically all antibs including those for strep. I know the sulfur ones have been bad for my daughter. My son has only had flagyl and vanco so I have no idea how he would react but I suspect there would be a clostridia flare.Thanks again for your advice!-- Sent from my Palm Pre

For a current strep throat infection amoxicillin is the best antibiotic. Once the strep infection has cleared if you then have PANDAS symptoms you would then use azithromycin or augmentin. Your pediatrician should know the standard amoxicillin dose for your childs weight. They would need the minimum 10 day dose. From:

To: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex > Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:28 AM Subject: urgent: strep and zitromax dosages

Hi all,My husband just came back positive for strep so i think the kids must have it too (they have been sick). we're heading to our regular ped in about an hr. Can anyone give me the "autism/pandas" zithromax dosages / days for a 5 year old (45lbs) and 2.5 year old (30ish lbs)? Also, does erithromycin work for strep? Since my kids have such terrible guts and clostridia i am concerned that this will flare with zithromax....any ideas greatly appreciated!!thanks,megan