Hi,

My 6 year old son has been getting a red upper lip for the past 4-5 months. At

first we thought it was chapped lips from the winter, even though it looks like

someone painted clown lips on him. It has progressed from once per month to

weekly. When the red lip starts his behavior changes. he's lethargic and

irritable. The allergist told us to see a dermatologist which we haven't yet. I

think it's viral. has anyone else had an unexplainable rash. Our DAN doctor is

stumped and has agreed to try valtrex. Any help would be appreciated. we are

loosing our minds trying to figure this out.

Thanks

Guest guest

My son has that, and it is worse during seasonal allergies. Also, it got worse when he had a dairy (allergic) exposure. For us, when the outdoor allergies subside, it improves. I took him to acupuncture today and I think it helped a lot.Jean

Hi,

My 6 year old son has been getting a red upper lip for the past 4-5 months. At first we thought it was chapped lips from the winter, even though it looks like someone painted clown lips on him. It has progressed from once per month to weekly. When the red lip starts his behavior changes. he's lethargic and irritable. The allergist told us to see a dermatologist which we haven't yet. I think it's viral. has anyone else had an unexplainable rash. Our DAN doctor is stumped and has agreed to try valtrex. Any help would be appreciated. we are loosing our minds trying to figure this out.

Thanks

Guest guest

I think my son had this after starting L5methyltetrahydrofolate (hope i got that right!)...it went away almost immediately upon stopping....problem is the red lips came on about 4 days after doing the vitamin A protocol (and the same day as starting the l5mthf) so i cannot be certain it wasnt from vitamin A...serves me right for trying things too close together!....we are planning to trial leucovorin so will see how that goes vis a vis the red lips..... To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:59 PM Subject: Re: Red Lip

My son has that, and it is worse during seasonal allergies. Also, it got worse when he had a dairy (allergic) exposure. For us, when the outdoor allergies subside, it improves. I took him to acupuncture today and I think it helped a lot.Jean

Hi,

My 6 year old son has been getting a red upper lip for the past 4-5 months. At first we thought it was chapped lips from the winter, even though it looks like someone painted clown lips on him. It has progressed from once per month to weekly. When the red lip starts his behavior changes. he's lethargic and irritable. The allergist told us to see a dermatologist which we haven't yet. I think it's viral. has anyone else had an unexplainable rash. Our DAN doctor is stumped and has agreed to try valtrex. Any help would be appreciated. we are loosing our minds trying to figure this out.

Thanks

Guest guest

It's very possible it was the high dose Vitamin A protocol. That's why it's short term, it can be incredibly toxic.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

I think my son had this after starting L5methyltetrahydrofolate (hope i got that right!)...it went away almost immediately upon stopping....problem is the red lips came on about 4 days after doing the vitamin A protocol (and the same day as starting the l5mthf) so i cannot be certain it wasnt from vitamin A...serves me right for trying things too close together!....we are planning to trial leucovorin so will see how that goes vis a vis the red lips..... To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:59 PM Subject: Re: Red Lip

Hi,

Thanks

Guest guest

It could be hsv-1. Some people don't get full blown cold sores, their lips just

get very red, slightly itchy and/or sore. Also if you look really close they

will look slighly bumpy.

Guest guest

Hi, my ASD 3.5 year old gets red lips all the time and they do look inflamed and bumpy but also dry. On his upper lip, right in the middle he constantly gets a dry patch that sometimes has yellowish pus under it and then it peels off. It doesn't look like a cold sore (the patch doesn't blister) and I always wonder if it's a viral thing. He drinks heaps of water, so I don't think he is dehydrated. He also has a rash, small red bumps on his cheeks which improved tinny bit since we've upped minerals and introduced LDN, but flares up again during cold/flu. Btw, he'd never get sick in the past (I'm the only one that knew there if there was something lurking but he wouldn't get any symptoms like runny nose or fever) until we introduced LDN. Within a 2 months he got his first fever since he was a baby. Do any of you think these are viral symptoms?Joanna Ps I've never posted before (my issue, fear of asking stupid questions lol) and feeling a little overwhelmed, like everyone else starting biomed, but I don't think I could have made it through the last few months without this forum. I have learned a lot from all u guys and I am really grateful for groups like this one and all the amazing people sharing information with other desperate (lol) parents like me.Sent from my iPhone

It could be hsv-1. Some people don't get full blown cold sores, their lips just get very red, slightly itchy and/or sore. Also if you look really close they will look slighly bumpy.

Guest guest

It could easily be the herpes virus. Lysine and olive leaf extract are indicated for treatment of herpes. Olive leaf extract in particular is an excellent broad spectrum antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial. This is an excellent site for information regarding the beneficial uses of various herbs. Near the bottom of each page they list potential side effects and what the herb is used to treat.http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-olive-leaf.htmlHope this is useful. Hi, my ASD 3.5 year old gets red lips all the time and they do look inflamed and bumpy but also dry. On his upper lip, right in the middle he constantly gets a dry patch that sometimes has yellowish pus under it and then it peels off. It doesn't look like a cold sore (the patch doesn't blister) and I always wonder if it's a viral thing. He drinks heaps of water, so I don't think he is dehydrated. He also has a rash, small red bumps on his cheeks which improved tinny bit since we've upped minerals and introduced LDN, but flares up again during cold/flu. Btw, he'd never get sick in the past (I'm the only one that knew there if there was something lurking but he wouldn't get any symptoms like runny nose or fever) until we introduced LDN. Within a 2 months he got his first fever since he was a baby. Do any of you think these are viral symptoms?Joanna Ps I've never posted before (my issue, fear of asking stupid questions lol) and feeling a little overwhelmed, like everyone else starting biomed, but I don't think I could have made it through the last few months without this forum. I have learned a lot from all u guys and I am really grateful for groups like this one and all the amazing people sharing information with other desperate (lol) parents like me.Sent from my iPhone It could be hsv-1. Some people don't get full blown cold sores, their lips just get very red, slightly itchy and/or sore. Also if you look really close they will look slighly bumpy.

Guest guest

The wonders of Olive Leaf extrct as displayed at herbwisdom.comOlive leaf Herb Information / Side Effects

Latin Name: Olea europaea, Olea folium, Olea gallica, Olea lancifolia, Olea oleasterCommon Names: Olive, Olive Leaf, Olive Tree, OlivierProperties:

astringent, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, anti-parasitic, anti-septic, anti-viral, febrifugal, immune-boosting, tranquiliserIndicated for:

Stabilising blood sugar levels, parasites (giardia, intestinal worms, malaria forming protozoa, microscopic protozoa, pinworms, ringworm, roundworm, tapeworms), boosting immune function, fighting infection, increasing resistance to disease, lowering blood pressure, abdominal chill, anthrax, arteriosclerosis, arthritis, autoimmune disorders, barium chloride and calcium induced arrhythmia, boosts energy levels, brain and nervous conditions, candida, cardiovascular conditions, chest complaints, chlamydia, chronic fatigue, chronic joint ache, chronic toenail fungus infection, colds & flu, cold sores, dengue, dental, ear, urinary tract and surgical infections, dissolves cholesterol, encephalitis, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), fevers, fibromyalgia, gastric ulcers caused by H. pylori, gastrointestinal conditions, genital herpes,

genital warts, gonorrhea, haemorrhoid pain-relief, hepatitis A, B, C, herpes I and II, HIV/ARC/AIDS, human herpes virus 6 and 7, improves blood flow, improves symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and related conditions, increases bile secretions, lupus, malaria, meningitis (bacterial/viral), mononucleosis, nervous tension, normalisation of heart beat irregularities, pneumonia, psoriasis, rabies, respiratory conditions, rheumatic fever, salmonella, severe diarrhea, shingles, shingles (Herpes zoster), sinus infections, soothes mucous membranes, staphylococcal food poisoning, streptococcus infection in throat, syphilis, toothache, toxic shock syndrome, trichonomas, tuberculosis, vaginitis, vasodilator effect on the smooth layer of coronary arteries, warts.Warnings

There is very little information regarding olive leaf and how it may affect a developing foetus or an infant. Therefore, its use it is not recommended during pregnancy or breast-feeding.Olive leaf should not to be used by diabetics due to its potential blood-sugar lowering properties. It could easily be the herpes virus. Lysine and olive leaf extract are indicated for treatment of herpes. Olive leaf extract in particular is an excellent broad spectrum antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial. This is an excellent site for information regarding the beneficial uses of various herbs. Near the bottom of each page they list potential side effects and what the herb is used to treat.http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-olive-leaf.htmlHope this is useful. Hi, my ASD 3.5 year old gets red lips all the time and they do look inflamed and bumpy but also dry. On his upper lip, right in the middle he constantly gets a dry patch that sometimes has yellowish pus under it and then it peels off. It doesn't look like a cold sore (the patch doesn't blister) and I always wonder if it's a viral thing. He drinks heaps of water, so I don't think he is dehydrated. He also has a rash, small red bumps on his cheeks which improved tinny bit since we've upped minerals and introduced LDN, but flares up again during cold/flu. Btw, he'd never get sick in the past (I'm the only one that knew there if there was something lurking but he wouldn't get any symptoms like runny nose or fever) until we introduced LDN. Within a 2 months he got his first fever since he was a baby. Do any of you think these are viral symptoms?Joanna Ps I've never posted before (my issue, fear of asking stupid questions lol) and feeling a little overwhelmed, like everyone else starting biomed, but I don't think I could have made it through the last few months without this forum. I have learned a lot from all u guys and I am really grateful for groups like this one and all the amazing people sharing information with other desperate (lol) parents like me.Sent from my iPhone It could be hsv-1. Some people don't get full blown cold sores, their lips just get very red, slightly itchy and/or sore. Also if you look really close they will look slighly bumpy.

Guest guest

Thanks for all the info .

I've been wanting to try OLE for a while now. Our doc now agreed to do more

immunological testing (including herpes), as he will not give rx antivirals

based on symptoms alone. I understand, from what I read, that a lot of kids

don't come up positive on tests, but still benefit from antivirals. The doc is

now considering PANS, as my sons stool tests keep coming back positive for high

strep, even though we keep treating with antibiotics, diets, probiotics, the

usual stuff (not positive for Strep titers). I'm still confused regarding the

relationship between bacteria and viruses in our kids, but at least through the

new PANS criteria angle, my son will get the tests for things like herpes,

ebstein's Barr, Lyme etc.

Thank again for the OLE info.

Joanna

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Thanks tasha! Have you seen this come up and disappear within 4-5 days if it is hsv1?-- Sent from my Palm Pre

It could be hsv-1. Some people don't get full blown cold sores, their lips just get very red, slightly itchy and/or sore. Also if you look really close they will look slighly bumpy.

Guest guest

Thanks cheryl. Are you not a fan then of the A protocol? I must say I was disappointed that we didn't see much change with it. I was thinking with his higher rubella titers and having had german measles 3 months after his mmr jab this could've helped. He did get a stomach ache from it and a decent poop that day (his poops though had been pretty normal anyway) then he and my daughter both came down with the fu on day 2 of it (my daughter didn't do the protocol)....not sure if there was a link...lots of weather changes so I chalked it up to that. Plus I didn't see any improvements after the flu was over...not sure this is one we will try again.-- Sent from my Palm Pre It's very possible it was the high dose Vitamin A protocol. That's why it's short term, it can be incredibly toxic.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Hi,

Thanks

1 of 1 File(s)

PastedGraphic-3.tiff

Guest guest

My son would get this same thing at least once a month. His behavior would get really bad at about the same time as the red lip started. He would get really zoned out, agressive and agitated. It would last about 4-5 days and then go back to normal and the behavior would leave with it. I have it all documented in a journal. After starting the anti-viral therapy in February of this year, he has had it twice but it was not as bad and only lasted 1-2 days. So, I know the Valtrex is helping. In fact, he has not had it since mid March. Interestingly, the HSV-1 did not show on his labs. Only the HHV-6 on labs in January 2012. His recent labs after starting anti-viral therapy did not indicate any of the viruses. I have

heard that they can be dormant or stealth so we will continue with the Valtrex to make sure there is not reoccurance. It is a relief to see someone else has experienced this.

Kerri~

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 11:06 PMSubject: Re: re: Red Lip

Thanks tasha! Have you seen this come up and disappear within 4-5 days if it is hsv1?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Guest guest

Can anyone help me with Protocal for my son for valtrex? He is 10.5 yrs ok and about 55 lbs. High IgGa Titres, high IGm, etc. Sent from my iPhone

No, I am a fan. For many, though, the benefit isn't seen in a behavioral change. The benefit is seen in a lab change. This is probably what happened to you. It's also recommended that you continue to do it every 6 months, it's not just a one shot deal. Keep checking your titers and see if they've gone down any. Like most biomed, you should monitor your results. Everything isn't always going to produce a behavioral change - that doesn't necessarily make it unnecessary. Labs are tools, not gospel, though. No one thing should be relied upon definitively unless you know there is a definitive answer to be had.I do the protocol occasionally and I don't think it's bad. I just don't think it's ever smart to NOT know exactly what it is - a toxic dose of Vitamin A given over 2 days. Seeing that happen on day 4 sounds like a toxicity reaction. This is not a bad thing assuming you don't continue giving toxic doses over the 2 day period - long term toxic doses can be very dangerous. But high doses is how you treat measles so there you go. To do the vitamin A protocol, you have to make the conscious choice to give toxic doses of vitamin a for 2 days and sometimes you'll see a reaction to that. It's not deadly but it's still a choice a parent has to make and it's still something every parent should understand they are making.Too many times I see it not actually being understood which is why you'll always see me harping on doing your own research and understanding exactly what you're doing. I have a category on my blog called Bewares and Cautionary tales because they are out there. Not understanding what you're doing can be dangerous.

Thanks cheryl. Are you not a fan then of the A protocol? I must say I was disappointed that we didn't see much change with it. I was thinking with his higher rubella titers and having had german measles 3 months after his mmr jab this could've helped. He did get a stomach ache from it and a decent poop that day (his poops though had been pretty normal anyway) then he and my daughter both came down with the fu on day 2 of it (my daughter didn't do the protocol)....not sure if there was a link...lots of weather changes so I chalked it up to that. Plus I didn't see any improvements after the flu was over...not sure this is one we will try again.-- Sent from my Palm Pre It's very possible it was the high dose Vitamin A protocol. That's why it's short term, it can be incredibly toxic.

Hi,

Thanks