RemedySpot.com

Headaches (Migraine or Histamine?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Speaking of headaches, (not necessarily Migraine) but this might help that too.... have any of you thought about taking an antihistamine with a really bad one? Since an antihistamine halts inflammation and swelling to some degree you might just be amazed.

When I was younger, 14-15 or so, I used to get really severe devastating headaches, (no aura or lights though) and they so bad that each breath in and out made me moan outloud and nothing would give me relief. Just that constant drum beat of the heart and with each throb it was like a pounding hammer to my brain. They were horrible and would keep me home from school sometimes a week long. I was sure I had a brain tumor.

One time I had one for about 3 weeks... and one 'smart' doctor gave me an antihistamine to try. (It was 'Actifed' which was a prescription in the olden days, *grin*).... and almost immediately I had relief. It was absolutely amazing like a miracle, believe me I wanted to kiss that man.

I came to find out they were 'histamine' headaches...the body putting out too much histamine. (basically I was allergic to myself)... It's the inflammatory effect from too much histamine output in the body. I also later learned that Red Wine will do that almost immediately to me as well, (and others if they too are putting out too much histamine) as it can have as much as 200% more histamine than a white wine.

So just a thought that might be worth trying if you do have a really bad headache and nothing's helped. I've suggested it to others and they too were amazed that it worked for many of them, headaches they'd always called 'migraine' but instead they were really histamine headaches in many of them. (not that it worked for everyone, but many)

One last thought is that some people get very bad headaches after climaxing... Guess why? (one of those to tuck in your brain of useless little facts. *smile*)

Research has shown that histamine is released as part of the human orgasm from mast cells in the genitals and is good and normal and enhances things....... BUT..if too much is released, BINGO, a blasted histamine headache.

But not only that. Some research says if a male has a very high level of histamine, it's thought to also contribute to premature ejaculation. I'm not sure but I wonder if the ejaculate itself is high in histamine where that would affect us women possibly.. On the other hand maybe it's just our partner that gives us a headache, sex or not? *chuckle*

Just kidding. ;)

Dee~

PS.... Sherri it's something you might give a thought to try hon.... especially with the burning... a sign of inflammation and an antihistamine helps reduce that.

----- Original Message ----- From: Shopper56@...

I have migraines for about 8 years. I think they are hormonal. Sometimes I get an aura, most times not. I have vulvodynia for 6 years. Just burning, no pain on contact. They do not flare together. There is a migraine center in Philly I am thinking of going to.

Sherri

Guest guest

Hmmm, Dee. You've got me thinking! I have taken antihistamines off and on since 1999. And during some of that time I've taken Hydroxyzine the generic of Vistaril (and you know how good that one is with those mast cells). Maybe that is why I stopped having migraines. Antihistamines can help IC, V.pain (inflammation) and IBS, too. Pretty cool! Hugs, Chelle

Guest guest

Dear Dee,

I'm wondering if taking an anti-histamine for the headache would help if you already take one daily anyway?

My allergies are so bad, I'm on Zyrtec twice a day already. And when I'm around cats or other triggers, I take a third Zyrtec and sometimes a Benadryll.

I wonder if taking an extra for a headache would work? Or if it's likely not histamine headaches in my case, since I'm already on daily anti-histamines?

~~

Guest guest

Really Cool for you Chelle.. ;) that's great! Wouldn't that be something! ..

I also know how much antihistamines can help with a bad yeast infection too.... usually an antiyeast med does clear it up but we're left with the doggone inflammation (not the yeast though we may think it's still there) and an antihistamine can truly help with that too. ;)

Big hugs back hon! ;) Dee~

----- Original Message ----- From: Chelle

Hmmm, Dee. You've got me thinking! I have taken antihistamines off and on since 1999. And during some of that time I've taken Hydroxyzine the generic of Vistaril (and you know how good that one is with those mast cells). Maybe that is why I stopped having migraines. Antihistamines can help IC, V.pain (inflammation) and IBS, too. Pretty cool!

Hugs, Chelle

Guest guest

Hon if you're already taking antihistamine meds... what I'd suggest is that you switch brands completely. We often build up a tolerance to one or another. Also it's always been suggested that we take one of the older histamines... the ones that make you sleepy.. the newer ones don't.

Part of the reason is that histamine activation is always dormant at night and part of the reason we heal better at night too. That's what 'I' would try.

Again so sorry but if you are on anti-histamines already for those allergy's (and they sound bad) it definitely does say you have too many histamines hon. I'm so sorry,

Oh one other thing believe it or not is to definitely increase your water content... that too can lower histamine as simple as it is. Good luck sweetie.Dee ` ;

Re: Headaches (Migraine or Histamine?)

Dear Dee,

I'm wondering if taking an anti-histamine for the headache would help if you already take one daily anyway?

My allergies are so bad, I'm on Zyrtec twice a day already. And when I'm around cats or other triggers, I take a third Zyrtec and sometimes a Benadryll.

I wonder if taking an extra for a headache would work? Or if it's likely not histamine headaches in my case, since I'm already on daily anti-histamines?

~~