RemedySpot.com

Dr. Glazer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone to see him …

nne

VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On

Behalf Of Carolyn52192@...

Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 6:19 PM

To: VulvarDisorders

Subject: sorry marianne too long to post but interesting info on

botox

Click here:

Telemedicine

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL

Travel Guides.

Guest guest

Yes, I have in January along with Dr. Ledger who is the one now suggesting the Celebrex.

Tina M.

Dr. Glazer

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone to see him .

nne

From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On Behalf Of Carolyn52192 (AT) aol (DOT) comSent: Friday, April 04, 2008 6:19 PMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: sorry marianne too long to post but interesting info on botox

Click here: Telemedicine

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

Guest guest

Hi nne, yes, I went to see Dr. Glazer in 1999.

He measured my strength of my tensing and relaxing muscles with some

weird little device.

He said not to waste money and time on Physical Therapy because it

would not help. I thought he knew what he was talking about so I never

tried it till just last year.

Even in 1999 I had had VV for 5 years and I would have benefited from

physical therapy. I should *not* have taken his advice, which cost me

years of extra pain.

I don't think he was evil, just ignorant. He seemed to definitely want

to help people. Maybe he has learned more since then.

>

> Just wondering if anyone has ever gone to see him .

>

>

>

> nne

Guest guest

I also saw Dr Glazer. If you have specific questions about his treatment or his process or whatnot or my experience, I'd be glad to answer them.

, he never told me not to see a PT, though at the time I was seeing him, I was not really educated about treatment options or what this condition really means, so I never mentioned it to him or asked him about it, so that may be why. Otherwise, it may be something he thought in your particular case? I'm not sure.

He was the first person to ever make whole-body connections for me. In that in my initial interview, he asked about all sorts of things -- allergies, migraines, and many other issues that until then I didn't realize could be related to my V pain.

Dr Glazer's big thing is biofeedback and working the pelvic floor muscles yourself at home. He usually recommends trying some form of drug treatment as well, but in my case, I've already been on most of the drugs he'd usually give -- either for my allergies (anti-histamines) or for my migraines (anti-depressants, pain medications, etc) -- and not seen any effect. So we didn't feel like I'd see results from this.

It really is a time commitment to work on it yourself at home, every day, twice a day. Unlike going to see a PT, you really have to be motivated to do it, because there's no one monitoring you, except at evaluations once every few months. But, I followed his protocol for a while, and it did help some. I went from not being able to handle any penetration at all without excruciating pain to being able to at least have a more tolerable amount of pain with it. I also got to the point that penetration was actually physically possible, whereas before, i just couldn't physically get anything larger than a finger or two inside of me. However, for me, it wasn't a cure. I improved, but at a certain point, I plateaued.

And he was not able to address the burning/itching. Though he did refer me to someone else for that. He mostly dealt with the dysperunia (pain on penetration) and pain on contact. (And he also deals with incontinence, but I did not have an issue with that).

~~