RemedySpot.com

Vulvodynia cured. & .Atropine, Ketoconzaole & Biotin..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI all,

Here's a link to a good article on a Resistant Case of Vulvodynia

(C. I think you mentioned the 3 ingredients and asked about them) .

Using 0.25% Atropine Sulfate USP, 10% Ketoconazole USP and 10% Biotin USP as a combination in a cocoa butter base resulted in the full remission of the vulvodynia in this link below..

Ar you are right about all 3 and what they are, Atropine, is an antispasmodic, it blocks these muscarinic receptors and prevents the signaling cascade of muscle contractions that can trigger the pain.. I remember Debby T. used that and overused too much left her with dry mouth and maybe the genital mucuous too if I remember right. But it benefitted her from what I remember.

http://www.personalconsult.com/articles/vulvodynia.html

After you check out the link... these were my comments on it for what it's worth. :)

I couldn't help but spot this....... ;)

''Although infection is often blamed, evidence for its role or that of inflammation is minimal. Immunohistochemistry has shown altered density of nerve endings ''and'' estrogen receptors.''

We've read of the overabundance of nerve endings (up to 10X's more per Bornstein et al, and Goldstein says up to 30X's more) .... but with it mentioning those altered estrogen 'receptors' that's why I'm confident (in my opinion of course) why a testosterone cream 'combined' with the Estrace cream can help in many instances when applied directly on the V. Tissue. (Chelle I'm not sure if you've ever tried the T or not hon.... but it just might be the ticket.. maybe? :)

Mainly because when the T is used topically it enhances the E receptors... (I've a great abstract on that and shows how P. (Progestins or progesterone) block the receptors and even with lost Estrogen receptors... the T can bring those back. If I can find that quickly I'll send it on.....

I see also in this womans case hormones were used for HRT but it did 'not' help (which doesn't surprise me) as one of the treatments that did 'not' benefit her... because it more than likely was 'not' used topically and blood levels (from a systemic form) in my opinion simply have nothing to do with it IF the E. 'receptors' are altered since the blood serum levels can be fine (as mine were the whole time) but doesn't mean the 'receptor's' are receiving it correctly. It's two different issues.

Just as those E 'receptors' can be 'blocked' with progestins/progesterone, esp. in birth control, soy, yeast, tamoxifen, or some unknown reason.....and then it mentions the altered 'nerve' endings. (Vliet also says estrogen helps those nerve endings to feel less pain)

Interesting too how it mentioned using the Atrophine to decrease any possible hyper-irritability of the pelvic floor muscles, which can lead to painful spasms, so it seems that may be one of Atrophines main purposes? Perhaps being the genital tract is lined with involuntary smooth muscle, it prevents that from spasming which causes pain. Also I see she was allergic to the Lidocaine, ummmm

Careful Chelle if you try the cotton ball technique and remember if things or nerve endings are already inflammed (as a cause with local vestibulodynia) you do not want to cause more inflammation as it's suggested that secondary VVS can be caused by chemical trauma like yeast meds or steroids, etc.,

Anyway hope the article helps.

Dee~