RemedySpot.com

DHEA , more info, adrenals etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ora... this is a letter I received from back in Oct '07.. and they were talking about trying to reclassify DHEA back then and I see it mentioned about the Prescription possibility for it. It's from Dr. W.C. s's E newsletter, ''The Daily Dose''.

it's worth a read to see some of the benefits of DHEA and that adrenal exhaustion tie in here too. Dee

======================================

The Daily Dose

October 12, 2007

Dear Friend, The government might as well drain all the hormones right out of your body. That's basically what they're doing anyway now that DHEA has become the latest in the line of supplements that they're forcing to walk the bureaucratic plank. It's bad enough that you naturally lose this hormone as you age, but if you lose your ability to replace it, suddenly you're up you-know-what creek without a paddle. The bill before the Senate, S. 762, would classify DHEA as an anabolic steroid. Such a classification would land this important naturally occurring hormone on a list of controlled substances, which means you'd no longer be able to get it without a prescription from your doctor. Someone needs to tell these bozos that DHEA is NOT an anabolic steroid.

DHEA is a perfectly safe — and incredibly beneficial hormone.

But as with most things, you make less of it as you get older (sometimes as much as 50% less by the time you hit 50 years old) — which makes supplementing with it extremely vital for a significant portion of the population. Technically, your adrenal glands produce more of this one hormone than all of the other hormones combined. That fact alone should indicate that it's important in a whole host of bodily functions.

Supplementing with DHEA can help to enhance your mood, improve your immune system, increase muscle mass, and boost your sex drive. And it's been shown to be helpful for those with autoimmune disorders, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, and even cancer. But as important as DHEA is, there's a bigger issue at hand. Don't be too naïve to think that every small piece of legislation like this isn't taking us that much closer to the supplement hijacking that took Europe by storm two years ago. In case you're in the dark about the state of supplements on the other side of the pond, let me fill you in…

Under the EU Food Supplements Directive, an organization called the Food Supplements Directive (FSD) was put in place to determine what could and couldn't be sold as a food supplement. Anything not given their OK was banned — I'm talking hundreds and hundreds of vitamins and minerals. Many are available only by prescription now, and to top off this Communistic insanity, the "safe upper limits" are barely high enough to do any good anyway. If you don't take supplements, don't ignore this issue because you think it doesn't apply to you. Everyone should have the right to take natural supplements that could be a healthier, safer, cheaper, and more effective alternative to prescription drugs. If that right is taken way — and believe me, Big Pharma is chipping away at supplements little by little in an effort to make them disappear — the only options you'll be left with are costly drugs with even costlier side effects. Griping about what's worth hyping, s II, M.D.