RemedySpot.com

Re: Flare-up, or Yeast Infection? - Emma - EMU OIL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you Chelle, and everyone else who responded.

No relief yet from the Diflucan, but shouldn't it take 24 hours?

The gyn took culture, but said it would take until Monday ro get

results. Dr, G is convinced it is a yeast. I wouldn't be surprised

since I have been having a lot of sex lately (4 times in one week!)

and using condoms and lube. Those things can certainly trigger a

yeast.

Just hurst so frigging much.

As for emu oil, can it make things worse?

Thanks,

Emma

>

> Hey Emma, so sorry to hear that you are having a setback for the

moment. It's so hard to figure out whether it may be an infection

vs. the meds you are using. I have a little clip from a doc about

doing a little patch test before using meds on the vulva (just to

make sure you do not react). I'll send it in.

>

> Did that gyn do any type of cultures on you? *sigh* An

infection can definitely make vulvar pain worse. Please try to keep

yourself calm. I know that is near impossible when you are on fire,

but keep telling yourself, you will get past this flareup!!!!

>

> Has the Diflucan helped any yet? Antihistamines are good at

reducing inflammation (I mean oral and 'not' anything topical). Hang

in there and I'll send in that info. Wish I could help more! Many

Hugs, Chelle

>

Guest guest

Hi,

Diflucan does not work for all types of yeast. It did not work for me. I had a rare yeast. I had to take nystatin powder mixed with water. Also I flared up from the estrace. I stopped using it and have been using only the T and take DHEA. I got tested and I was low DHEA and testosterone. I did not have good results with estrace. I do not get a flare up or yeast from the T. I have it compounded by a local pharmacy.

The only other thing that got rid of yeast for me was being on a very strict diet.

BlueeberriIt's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

Emma, you are very welcome. I have never taken a Diflucan, so I'm not sure when it 'kicks in'. It's hard to wait 'days' for the results when you are on FIRE...but at least you will hopefully know something by Monday. What kind of lube do you use? I know KY is a no-no. My hubby and I use Femglide and I personally love it. I think Lindsey had said that her husband uses lamb-skin condoms? Hang in there... Hugs, Chelle PS - I think the Emu oil is supposed to be very soothing.

Guest guest

Hi Emma:

I've been having a similar problem since my period ended last week. I am prone to yeast and BV so I treated on Wednesday for both and there is really no improvement, so I guess it is not an infection.

I looked really close today to the side of the vestibule that really hurts and it looks like a little cut where it hurts the most. I'm thinking maybe the tampons caused it. I don't get a period every month (thank g d).

Have you looked to see if there are any tears with all the sex you are having?

Anyone know what I can use on the cut to make it heal quicker? I'm already using E & T cream and crisco.

Sherri

-------------- Original message -------------- > Thank you Chelle, and everyone else who responded. > > No relief yet from the Diflucan, but shouldn't it take 24 hours? > > The gyn took culture, but said it would take until Monday ro get > results. Dr, G is convinced it is a yeast. I wouldn't be surprised > since I have been having a lot of sex lately (4 times in one week!) > and using condoms and lube. Those things can certainly trigger a > yeast. > > Just hurst so frigging much. > > As for emu oil, can it make things worse? > > Thanks, > Emma > > > > > > > > Hey Emma, so sorry to hear that you are having a setback for th

e > moment. It's so hard to figure out whether it may be an infection > vs. the meds you are using. I have a little clip from a doc about > doing a little patch test before using meds on the vulva (just to > make sure you do not react). I'll send it in. > > > > Did that gyn do any type of cultures on you? *sigh* An > infection can definitely make vulvar pain worse. Please try to keep > yourself calm. I know that is near impossible when you are on fire, > but keep telling yourself, you will get past this flareup!!!! > > > > Has the Diflucan helped any yet? Antihistamines are good at > reducing inflammation (I mean oral and 'not' anything topical). Hang > in there and I'll send in that info. Wish I could help more! Many > Hugs, Chelle > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REM

OVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > ***

Guest guest

I just started using Slippery Stuff which is glycrine free. It's what

my PT uses, but I wonder if something in there is causing this flare.

>

> Emma, you are very welcome. I have never taken a Diflucan, so I'm

not sure when it 'kicks in'. It's hard to wait 'days' for the results

when you are on FIRE...but at least you will hopefully know something

by Monday.

>

> What kind of lube do you use? I know KY is a no-no. My hubby and

I use Femglide and I personally love it. I think Lindsey had said that

her husband uses lamb-skin condoms? Hang in there... Hugs, Chelle

>

> PS - I think the Emu oil is supposed to be very soothing.

>

Guest guest

Crisco as lube?

No cuts, I checked. Periods always make things worse.

How long you on the E & T ?

-Emma

> > >

> > > Hey Emma, so sorry to hear that you are having a setback for

the

> > moment. It's so hard to figure out whether it may be an infection

> > vs. the meds you are using. I have a little clip from a doc about

> > doing a little patch test before using meds on the vulva (just to

> > make sure you do not react). I'll send it in.

> > >

> > > Did that gyn do any type of cultures on you? *sigh* An

> > infection can definitely make vulvar pain worse. Please try to

keep

> > yourself calm. I know that is near impossible when you are on

fire,

> > but keep telling yourself, you will get past this flareup!!!!

> > >

> > > Has the Diflucan helped any yet? Antihistamines are good at

> > reducing inflammation (I mean oral and 'not' anything topical).

Hang

> > in there and I'll send in that info. Wish I could help more! Many

> > Hugs, Chelle

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST,

> > Thanks for your cooperation! **

> >

> > ***

Guest guest

I use Femglide which I'm pretty sure is the same stuff as Slippery Stuff under a different name. I have never had a problem with it.

-------------- Original message -------------- > I just started using Slippery Stuff which is glycrine free. It's what > my PT uses, but I wonder if something in there is causing this flare. > > > > > > > > > Emma, you are very welcome. I have never taken a Diflucan, so I'm > not sure when it 'kicks in'. It's hard to wait 'days' for the results > when you are on FIRE...but at least you will hopefully know something > by Monday. > > > > What kind of lube do you use? I know KY is a no-no. My hubby and > I use Femglide and I personally love it. I think Lindsey had said that > her husband uses lamb-skin condoms? Hang in there... Hugs, Chelle > > &g

t; > PS - I think the Emu oil is supposed to be very soothing. > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > ***

Guest guest

Crisco is soothing when I burn or it used to be. I've been on the E & T since June 2006 and after about a year on it I stopped flaring after my period and sex. This is the first time in over a year, I've had a problem like this that isn't caused by an infection (which I always get).

-------------- Original message -------------- > Crisco as lube? > > No cuts, I checked. Periods always make things worse. > > How long you on the E & T ? > > -Emma > > > > > > > > > Hey Emma, so sorry to hear that you are having a setback for > the > > > moment. It's so hard to figure out whether it may be an infection > > > vs. the meds you are using. I have a little clip from a doc about > > > doing a little patch test before using meds on the vulva (just to > > > make sure you do not react). I'll send it in. > > > > > > > > Did that gyn do any type of cultures on you? *sigh* An > > > infection can definitely make vulvar pain worse. Please try to > keep > > &g

t; yourself calm. I know that is near impossible when you are on > fire, > > > but keep telling yourself, you will get past this flareup!!!! > > > > > > > > Has the Diflucan helped any yet? Antihistamines are good at > > > reducing inflammation (I mean oral and 'not' anything topical). > Hang > > > in there and I'll send in that info. Wish I could help more! Many > > > Hugs, Chelle > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > > > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > > > > > ***

Guest guest

Slippery stuff has parabens and a form of PEG in it - I won't let

either of these chemicals touch my body, especially my vulva. I think

most of us don't consider how many toxins we put on our skin on a daily

basis. I know I harp a lot on all-natural stuff...but who knows what

the long term effects are of slow, daily exposure to all the chemicals?

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm

This is a link to a list of ingredients common in body products and

what they come from/why they're potentially dangerous...something to

think about!

Melinda