RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: VESTIBULODYNIA (and the pill) - Kristy was---> by Dr. .....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chelle said: " But if only woman develops Vulvodynia due to

using the pill of any kind, that is 'one' too many. So

unfortunate, and so 'preventable'.....*sigh* "

Hi Chelle,

You are right about this. Makes me wonder if the reaction is

coming from one of the ingredients in the pills themselves at

times and not necessarily the hormones. The reason I say this

is because I know that there are people who are allergic to dyes

that are in the medications such as Red Dye #34 (I think that's

the correct name for one of them) or the flavorings in the

medications like if someone is allergic to strawberries. And

just like the sugars in other medications like some of the HRT

medicines for menopausal women that could send a Diabetic's

sugar levels higher.

Kristy :)

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Hey Kristy, while I certainly agree that Yellow Dye can trigger an allergic reaction, I personally think the synthetic Progestins in the pill are actually the main culprit for triggering Vulvodynia in 'some'. I would think the yellow dye would possibly cause allergic type reactions like skin inflammation, but would probably 'resolve' once the person stops using a med with the dye in it. If I'm not mistaken, Testosterone molecules are synthesized and converted into a synthetic progestin for the pills. Those synthetic progestins can shut down the Estrogen and Testosterone receptors in the skin, which leads to inflammation, skin thinning, burning, stinging, etc. etc. Actually causing changes to occur to the skin layers. So, it's just my two cents, but I think it's actually the hormones that are responsible. The only way to correct the problem is to 'add' back the proper

levels of hormones to the skin. The pill had diminished my E. receptors and blocked them, even after I stopped taking them. *ugh* Once I began using Estrace, a few months later, my skin improved soooo much. The constant rawness and irritation stopped!! I am left, though, with an area that still causing pain on contact (local spot of vvs). That area has improved, but it's still there. I never had any vulvar pain before using the pill....*sigh* Hugs, Chelle Kristy Sokoloski wrote: Chelle said: "But if only woman develops Vulvodynia due tousing the pill of any kind, that is 'one' too many. Sounfortunate, and so

'preventable'.....*sigh*"Hi Chelle,You are right about this. Makes me wonder if the reaction iscoming from one of the ingredients in the pills themselves attimes and not necessarily the hormones. The reason I say thisis because I know that there are people who are allergic to dyesthat are in the medications such as Red Dye #34 (I think that'sthe correct name for one of them) or the flavorings in themedications like if someone is allergic to strawberries. Andjust like the sugars in other medications like some of the HRTmedicines for menopausal women that could send a Diabetic'ssugar levels higher.Kristy :)____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ------------------------------------**IF

REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, Thanks for your cooperation! *****

Guest guest

One thing I am wondering (and obviously, there have likely not been many test cases for this...) is if you use the E topically while you are on the pill, if you would still be as likely to develop vulvar pain, or if the E would be a preventative measure that protects against the damage in the first place, rather than just a remedy after the damage the pill has done.

~~

The only way to correct the problem is to 'add' back the proper

levels of hormones to the skin. The pill had diminished my E. receptors and blocked them, even after I stopped taking them. *ugh*

Guest guest

Hopefully the E cream would help 'counter that effect' of the Pill... *sigh* but who knows?

But much as I love the E. BIG TIME... I still think it's the addition of the T cream to that, that might be even more beneficial for that problem because it does bring back the lost 'E receptor's.. but if people have a hard time getting E (esp. when younger) try convincing someone to get the T. *Sigh* But the abstracts and studies are definitely out there. To 'me' it's worth a shot with the E if on birth control hon.. but again sparingly.

Dee

----- Original Message ----- From: W

One thing I am wondering (and obviously, there have likely not been many test cases for this...) is if you use the E topically while you are on the pill, if you would still be as likely to develop vulvar pain, or if the E would be a preventative measure that protects against the damage in the first place, rather than just a remedy after the damage the pill has done.~~