Hello. Has anyone ever used Mycolog? It is a topical steriod cream

like Lidex and/or Clobetesol. I am having a flare up..while being 11

weeks pregnant. I was given the OK to use it during pregnancy but am

still a little apprehensive.

Right now, I am trying to get by using A&D Ointment. Any othe

suggetions?

Melinda,

Hi--I remember that you are also pregnant...Have you had any flare ups

during your pregnancy and if so what did you use?

Thanks,

Debbie

PS Yay! We are guessing its a boy! We already have a beautiful little

girl! So excited!!

Guest guest

Congratulations Deb..... *grin* Hooray for you hon...

Yes, I've used it , Called ''MYCOLOG II'', it's made with ''NYSTATIN + TRIAMCINOLONE''. I was given it to use if I'd have a bad yeast infection 'topically'....

The nystatin is the antifungal and the steroid is triamcinolone, it is a mid strength one and it did help me a little bit and was used 'topically' not inserted..... but this is what the PDR says about it for pregnancy hon.... (and I definitely would not use the Clob or a high potency one as there 'are' studies with that and pregnancy) , though I've seen a few doctors give the ok for a very short time in a really bad flare up... It's a tough one hon and I'd make sure it is yeast too.

Pregnancy Category C (MYCOLOG II)

''There are no teratogenic studies with combined nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide. Corticosteroids are generally teratogenic in laboratory animals when administered systemically at relatively low dosage levels. The more potent corticosteroids have been shown to be teratogenic after dermal application in laboratory animals. Therefore, any topical corticosteroid preparation should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.

Topical preparations containing corticosteroids should not be used extensively on pregnant patients, in large amounts, or for prolonged periods of time.''

Note Teratogenic: Able to disturb the growth and development of an embryo or fetus. (and from what I remember might cause a hairlip with the more potent ones like the clob.)

Good luck hon.Dee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

I am allergic to a couple of the components in Mycolog. If you are allergic and you know what the triggers are, be sure they aren't in this med.Debbie wrote: Hello. Has anyone ever used Mycolog? It is a topical steriod cream like Lidex and/or Clobetesol. I am having a flare up..while being 11 weeks pregnant. I was given the OK to use it during pregnancy but am still a little apprehensive. Right now, I am trying to get by using A & D Ointment. Any othe suggetions? Melinda,Hi--I remember that you are also pregnant...Have you had any flare ups during your pregnancy and if so what did you use?Thanks,DebbiePS Yay! We are guessing its a boy! We already have a beautiful little girl! So

excited!!------------------------------------**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, Thanks for your cooperation! *****