RemedySpot.com

ACOG guidelines on vulvodynia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know we all know most of this, but i find it interesting that there are some things it tells doctors not to have us do in there, and my doctor told me to to do them... I found that interesting.

Title:ACOG guidelines on vulvodynia.(Practice Guideline Briefs)(American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists)(Disease/Disorder overview). Author(s): Coughlin. Source:American Family Physician 75.8 (April 15, 2007): p1261. (517 words) Document Type:Magazine/Journal Bookmark:Bookmark this Document Library

Guest guest

Thanks Candi. ;) One thing I saw that I'd definitely 'disagree' with......

"Topical medications can be applied before intercourse. These include estrogen cream and tricyclic antidepressants compounded to topical form."

Apply 'estrogen' cream before sex? HUH? No way....You'd never use E cream before intercourse... Jeesh. You do not want that estrogen on your partner... (if a male of course). Just like those hair growing products have shown to be absorbable to a partner, another one was a child carried on the dads shoulders and the kid started to get hairy. Use it as the last thing before you go to 'sleep' not sex, LOL

I'd think the same with the antidepressants creams as well...(tho some partners may need it LOL) To me it's just common sense.

Dee