RemedySpot.com

Re: Help-Question about Estrace Cream-Dee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good morning, how are you doing Dee? I really appreciate your lengthy reply, it was informative and helpful. I'm going to call the pharmacist at Walgreens and advise him that, I need my Rx changed to estradiol compounded with emu oil. I guess he'll call the the compounding pharmacy for me and get it all squared away.

The 6 o' clock area is where I have pain on touch. My boyfriend and I use condoms beause it helps cause less friction and irritation. When the penis rubs back and forth on that piece of skin, it gets inflammed with a burning sensation....what is that piece of skin called? I have pain on contact, mainly at the entry point, I'm sure this sounds familiar to you. I'm praying that the estradiol cream will repair the skin and provide elasticity to get those estrogen receptors functioning. If I have success with the E then I'll think about adding the T topically as well. I'm just a bit skeptical about the T, I guess I should read into it more.

~~

Re: Help-Question about Estrace Cream

HI ...:)

Hon it usually doesn't matter what your E levels are and they can be just fine. (age too doesn't make a difference for the same reason) and I was constantly blood tested and my E levels were fine the whole time but it needs a direct local application, not systemic.

So if you've got the Estrace cream you are only going to use a small peasize dab of that topically to rub on the vulva, esp. in that 6 o'clock V area and lightly massage it in. I'd suggest just once a night (at most).. right before bedtime hon is best...

It's not too likely to go systemic and they even use it on children with labial adhesions without or rarely, having side effects (and used a toothbrush size) which I wouldn't suggest, so "I" wouldn't worry too much about that as an adult (but that's me. ) *smile* and it was certainly a BIG key for my getting well hon.

BUT... I will suggest since you have sensitive skin and with this condition who doesn't ?*sigh*... that you might consider getting 'estradiol' compounded in a mild base. Estradiol is the same estrogen that is in Estrace, but Estrace the name brand, can have 'base' ingredients that can irritate. So you would ask to have 'estradiol' compounded, not Estrace itself.

I used the reg. Estrace cream (and wasn't aware of compounding pharmacies years ago) So I had to stick with it and it did irritate me (some it doesn't at all).... but I stayed with it knowing of it's wonders & benefits for V tissue I was that determined. At first could only use it every 3rd or 4th night... for probably a month to 6 weeks, and eventually with time could use it every other night to eventually almost every night.... but I was in an absolute horrific condition to start with (imagining raw hamburger doesn't come close) *sigh*

But today (many years later) and knowing what I do I'd have it compounded in a very mild base and Pete at Bellevue has a great base that 'usually' is very soothing (called a "liquigel' that he made up himself..) so he can put that into it or is willing to try whatever you might suggest too (as long as it is compatible) Some have tried the Emu oil and I hear it's ok, but no idea myself.

One woman told him she wanted hers mixed in an olive oil and it did NOT work out that well, at all, she said it was far too runny and a real mess.... so basically I think 'I" would let him decide and go from there.

(His info by the way is in our DATABASE at the home page and you can call and talk to him yourself hon.. it's toll free... I also hear his son is great too but I've never talked with him. Also you might mention my name Dee Troll and the group as he's very aware of the pain we all suffer.

BUT keep this in mind hon... that by adding a topical Testosterone (T)...(which 'must' be compounded) 'that' is what brings back those lost or dead E. receptors.. that is the miracle of it as that one abstract pointed out.

It was when I finally 'added' the T to my E. (T only every 3rd night) that put me over the top and was the icing on the cake. *grin*... so I'd suggest both the E & T if you can get it. But believe me the E will definitely help esp. to give back that elasticity, stretch and tone .. :) and the T helps toughen and strengthen the tissue as well as bring back those E receptors.

Just a small dab of E & 'gently' massaged in and have patience, don't use too much and if you do have to back off a bit if it irritates, just back off and then go back to it.

Don't make yourself a 'victim' again hon or think I MUST use it or endure this.. No, no and no...none of us need that, it'll work but it takes time to rebuild that tissue hon just like it takes time for a black fingernail to grow out or our hair to grow long... And that's the hardest part, *grin*

Hugs hon and good luck... You hang in there.

Dee ~

Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions More!

Guest guest

HI again ... ;) You're more than welcome hon.

Though I'm not so sure your pharmacist is able to change that script from Estrace to a compounded 'estradiol' and your doctor might have to rewrite it (I'd bet on it).... but if you do end up getting the Estrace It might be fine for you hon.... or you could dilute it down yourself in some Emu oil or whatever.

Another thing, I never heard of Walgreens doing compounding.... or they'd send away for it and have someone else compound it and you pick it up when it's ready.

That's why I really like Pete at Bellevue because that is their profession and speciality & mainly what they do all day long.... 'compounding' so it's not like a regular drugstore.

Hope that all works out for you hon. Dee :)

PS Don't be skeptical about the T. *grin* I used to feel like that myself so I know what you mean... till I really researched it out... and don't forget that tiny small dab we use topically is so miniscule. PLUS many forget that we women produce T. too...without we'd have no libido (let alone the birth control blocking the T. receptors and why libido usually goes out the window on those) *sigh* AND as we age we not only lose the estrogen but the testosterone as well.

Plus the T used to day is far less potent that the T they used years ago when all those scary stories were told.. 9 years of me being on T 'cream for the vulvar area, PLUS 365 days a year of T added for my HRT body replacement (with E) and believe me NO side effects.. only benefits. *wink*... so that's my take and experience on it for what it's worth.

Guest guest

Just something I do every night. I mix a dab of Estrace and a

dab of Lidocaine in my hand and mix it all together. Other times I have used

Estrace and Emu. And even Estrace with an over-the-counter Cortizone cream. The

only product I don’t mix is the Clobetasol which I use in the morning.

nne

VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On

Behalf Of Dee Troll

Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:25 PM

To: VulvarDisorders

Subject: Re: Help-Question about Estrace Cream-Dee

HI again ... ;) You're more than welcome hon.

Though I'm not so sure your pharmacist is able to change

that script from Estrace to a compounded 'estradiol' and your doctor might have

to rewrite it (I'd bet on it).... but if you do end up getting the Estrace It

might be fine for you hon.... or you could dilute it down yourself in some Emu

oil or whatever.

Another thing, I never heard of Walgreens doing

compounding.... or they'd send away for it and have someone else compound it

and you pick it up when it's ready.

That's why I really like Pete at Bellevue because that is

their profession and speciality & mainly what they do all day

long.... 'compounding' so it's not like a regular drugstore.

Hope that all works out for you hon.

Dee :)

PS Don't be skeptical about the T. *grin* I used

to feel like that myself so I know what you mean... till I really

researched it out... and don't forget that tiny small dab we use topically is

so miniscule. PLUS many forget that we women produce T.

too...without we'd have no libido (let alone the birth control blocking the T.

receptors and why libido usually goes out the window on those) *sigh* AND as we

age we not only lose the estrogen but the testosterone as well.

Plus the T used to day is far less potent that the T

they used years ago when all those scary stories were told.. 9 years of

me being on T 'cream for the vulvar area, PLUS 365 days a year of T

added for my HRT body replacement (with E) and believe me NO side

effects.. only benefits. *wink*... so that's my take and experience on it

for what it's worth.