can treat me. For goodness sakes I pay her $130 every visit and she

can't type up a letter that'll take her 5 min's. I'm going all the

way to El Dorado Hills from Stockton (an hour and 20 minute drive) to

have another PT " in network " evaluate me and then write up a letter

to my insurance stating she can't treat me, which she already told me

over the phone...she doesn't do internal work. I asked the PT if she

can just fax me the letter, that way I don't have to waste the time,

gas(high gas prices) and co-pay. You ever have one of those days,

where NOTHING seems to go your way? Today is one of those days.

Guest guest

I get my estradiol compounded in emu oil that i provide to Bellevue. Apparently,i was the first one to request this and Pete was somewhat amused, but fine about it. Emu oil is not something that pharmacies normally have lying around, thoughthey should, since it has such great transdermal and healing properties. I'dsuggest you save yourself a lot of angst and deal directly with Bellevue.HollisMy local compounding pharmacy rep called and asked me why I want it compounded in emu oil. I told the rep that a woman (Dee) in my group recommended I try estradiol instead of Estrace and to use a soothing base....the convo went downhill from there. Then I had to explain to her why I wanted to use estradiol and what its used for. I told the rep that I have VVS and she was like, I've never heard of that, I'm going to have to research it. She needs to find out if the ingredients in the emu oil would compromise the estradiol ingredients and what amounts to use. At this point, I'm highly frustrated so I call Bellevue and leave a message to have Pete call me when he returns. Its such a pain in the butt, that my own local compounding pharmacy is being difficult, just fill the darn thing. To top it off my PT (Dr.Fraser in Los Altos, Ca.) won't write an updated letter to my insurance company because she said she did it once as a courtesy and that she doesn't deal with insurance companies. I'm trying to prove to my insurance company that there is NO " in network " PT that can treat me. For goodness sakes I pay her $130 every visit and she can't type up a letter that'll take her 5 min's. I'm going all the way to El Dorado Hills from Stockton (an hour and 20 minute drive) to have another PT " in network " evaluate me and then write up a letter to my insurance stating she can't treat me, which she already told me over the phone...she doesn't do internal work. I asked the PT if she can just fax me the letter, that way I don't have to waste the time, gas(high gas prices) and co-pay. You ever have one of those days, where NOTHING seems to go your way? Today is one of those days.

Guest guest

, I don't even 'try' compounded meds locally. I just ask the doc to fax the info (and I write down exactly what I want) to Pete or his son at Bellevue. When I saw Libby a few weeks ago, I gave her info for compounded Lidocaine, I'd obtained from H. at Bellevue. Within two hours of leaving Libby's office (in NC) and heading home to WV, I had a call from Pete on my cell....asking me what kind of soothing base I wanted to use for the Lidocaine. Wow, talk about customer service. If your Insurance will cover it, then I'd try Bellevue. They know what they are doing with compounded meds. They will tell you 'exactly' what you need to ask for and how to get the order faxed in. Try calling back and asking for (Pete's son). Hang in there, I've had 'one of those days' more times than I can

count! Hugs, Chellebayareaprincess23 wrote: My local compounding pharmacy rep called and asked me why I want it compounded in emu oil. I told the rep that a woman (Dee) in my group recommended I try estradiol instead of Estrace and to use a soothing base....the convo went downhill from there. Then I had to explain to her why I wanted to use estradiol and what its used for. I told the rep that I have VVS and she was like, I've never heard of that, I'm going to have to research it. She needs to find out if the ingredients in the emu oil would compromise the estradiol ingredients and what amounts to use. At this point, I'm highly frustrated so I call Bellevue and leave a message to have Pete call me when he returns. Its such a pain in the butt, that my own local

compounding pharmacy is being difficult, just fill the darn thing. To top it off my PT (Dr.Fraser in Los Altos, Ca.) won't write an updated letter to my insurance company because she said she did it once as a courtesy and that she doesn't deal with insurance companies. I'm trying to prove to my insurance company that there is NO "in network" PT that can treat me. For goodness sakes I pay her $130 every visit and she can't type up a letter that'll take her 5 min's. I'm going all the way to El Dorado Hills from Stockton (an hour and 20 minute drive) to have another PT "in network" evaluate me and then write up a letter to my insurance stating she can't treat me, which she already told me over the phone...she doesn't do internal work. I asked the PT if she can just fax me the letter, that way I don't have to waste the time, gas(high gas prices) and co-pay. You ever have one of those days, where NOTHING seems to go your

way? Today is one of those days.------------------------------------**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, Thanks for your cooperation! *****

Guest guest

awwwh

I hear you hon... yeah some days it not only rains but it pours..(and the Fat lady isn't singing) but hang in there hon... and hope you talk with Pete (and use him) in fact he is more than willing to even talk with your doctor too. He's so aware of why we need the estrogen and the proper bases to use and if you do end up using him hon.. I'd definitely tell them you want it dispensed in a 'tube', it makes it so easy to use too. If you dont it'll probably come in one of those little pill bottle types.

He also takes some insurances (does mine)... and you need to call ahead of time anyway to set up your account. You can also just leave a credit card number too (which is what I used to do)... then you just fax or mail your script in and you get it within 3-4 days... and I hope your doc wrote 'refills' on it. Makes it so easy to just call it in when it's needed again. ;) Mine does for a year, not that I need it filled that much but just in case. :)

Hang in there, it's just one of those very frustrating days but it'll pass 'and' work out'.:) hugsDee

Guest guest

HEY Chelle.... *grin*

You're lucky your doc will do that 'call or fax in the script for Bellevue. Mine is a real putz... LOL so glad too that you like his son. I've never used him but I've heard he's really good too hon. ;) Hugs

Dee

Guest guest

Thats exactly what I think I'll do, that way I won't have to hassle going back and forth. Do you have an idea of how much it cost approximately? I have a HMO, so I'm assuming $100.00 or less.

RE: Today is just NOT my day *sigh* venting

I get my estradiol compounded in emu oil that i provide to Bellevue. Apparently,

i was the first one to request this and Pete was somewhat amused, but fine about it.

Emu oil is not something that pharmacies normally have lying around, though

they should, since it has such great transdermal and healing properties. I'd

suggest you save yourself a lot of angst and deal directly with Bellevue.

Hollis

My local compounding pharmacy rep called and asked me why I want it

compounded in emu oil. I told the rep that a woman (Dee) in my group

recommended I try estradiol instead of Estrace and to use a soothing

base....the convo went downhill from there. Then I had to explain to

her why I wanted to use estradiol and what its used for. I told the

rep that I have VVS and she was like, I've never heard of that, I'm

going to have to research it. She needs to find out if the

ingredients in the emu oil would compromise the estradiol ingredients

and what amounts to use. At this point, I'm highly frustrated so I

call Bellevue and leave a message to have Pete call me when he

returns. Its such a pain in the butt, that my own local compounding

pharmacy is being difficult, just fill the darn thing. To top it off

my PT (Dr.Fraser in Los Altos, Ca.) won't write an updated letter to

my insurance company because she said she did it once as a courtesy

and that she doesn't deal with insurance companies. I'm t rying to

prove to my insurance company that there is NO "in network" PT that

can treat me. For goodness sakes I pay her $130 every visit and she

can't type up a letter that'll take her 5 min's. I'm going all the

way to El Dorado Hills from Stockton (an hour and 20 minute drive) to

have another PT "in network" evaluate me and then write up a letter

to my insurance stating she can't treat me, which she already told me

over the phone...she doesn't do internal work. I asked the PT if she

can just fax me the letter, that way I don't have to waste the time,

gas(high gas prices) and co-pay. You ever have one of those days,

where NOTHING seems to go your way? Today is one of those days.

Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions More!

Guest guest

I'm so sorry about your loss of your Grandma .

Tina M.

Re: Today is just NOT my day *sigh* venting

awwwh

I hear you hon... yeah some days it not only rains but it pours..(and the Fat lady isn't singing) but hang in there hon... and hope you talk with Pete (and use him) in fact he is more than willing to even talk with your doctor too. He's so aware of why we need the estrogen and the proper bases to use and if you do end up using him hon.. I'd definitely tell them you want it dispensed in a 'tube', it makes it so easy to use too. If you dont it'll probably come in one of those little pill bottle types.

He also takes some insurances (does mine)... and you need to call ahead of time anyway to set up your account. You can also just leave a credit card number too (which is what I used to do)... then you just fax or mail your script in and you get it within 3-4 days... and I hope your doc wrote 'refills' on it. Makes it so easy to just call it in when it's needed again. ;) Mine does for a year, not that I need it filled that much but just in case. :)

Hang in there, it's just one of those very frustrating days but it'll pass 'and' work out'.:) hugsDee

Guest guest

You got that right Dee, it's one of those days you want to end. I got a call little over an hour ago that my great grandma passed away. I had an intuition when my cell rang, that my father was going to tell me that awful news and I was right. ughhh and its only 1:24 p.m. here, I still got the whole day to go. I've decided to go through Bellevue for the Rx because I can't take the stress of dealing with my local compounding pharmacy. Now, I'll just wait for Pete to call me so I can get that script filled. The script calls for estrace with three refills NOT estradiol, do you think my OBGYN is going to have to write me a new script? If not, I'm going to have to ask the pharmacist at Walgreens to fax my script to Bellevue.

~~

awwwh

Hang in there, it's just one of those very frustrating days but it'll pass 'and' work out'.:)

hugs

Dee

Guest guest

Thanks for your condolences Tina, may my grandma rest in peace now, she was in a lot of pain for several months.

I'm so sorry about your loss of your Grandma .

Tina M.

awwwh

Hang in there, it's just one of those very frustrating days but it'll pass 'and' work out'.:)

hugs

Dee

Guest guest

hon just give them a call.. it's toll free ask for or Pete & they'll tell you the price...(the others in their office I've heard are good too though) but you need to know the size tube the doc has ordered too.... for instance a 30 gm tube would be a lot less than a 60 gram one...

I know it's confusing right now hon but well worth it.. and like I said you'll need to set up your account anyway. Even if you don't know just what your prescription will end up being, ask them the prices of the various sizes.. that's all I'd do. I can't tell you hon what it might run to pay out of pocket, but I'd guess under $50 for each (E & T) because with my insurance I only pay $9.00 each for the E and the T...

The last time I called in a refill they said my insurance wouldn't cover the 'estradiol' any longer because they said I'd have to use Premarin... NO WAY.. (BIG Pharma again *sigh*) but that was for an oral form of E. I use (sublingually) for my HRT and yet when it came it was still only the $9.00. :) (and that's what I Pay for brand name 'Estrace' cream too at the local drug store. (so far)...

And I do know the T. 'cream ' was only $9.00 for a 45gm tube (which'll last me a yr) so not sure what's going on but I know my insurance company has lots of changes going on too and that's my co-pay but each might be different and not sure if he accepts 'all' insurance companies either. I have Tri-Care.

Dee

----- Original Message ----- From: caliprincess2369@...

Thats exactly what I think I'll do, that way I won't have to hassle going back and forth. Do you have an idea of how much it cost approximately? I have a HMO, so I'm assuming $100.00 or less.**

Guest guest

awwh

Jeeze hon you're not kidding talk about it not being your day. *sigh*.. I'm so sorry about your great grandma and her passing. You must be 5 yrs old *chuckle*... but my deepest condolences hon, you sure are having a helluva day kiddo.

About Pete...

hon you see ESTRACE Is a brand name and so he can't technically fill the script for ESTRACE itself since that's what it says. That's basically just the politics of it, but what he probably can do is 'call' your doctor himself and explain what's going on and hopefully the doctor will just fax him over one for 'ESTRADIOL" cream, or he may have to tell you to have your doctor call him.

OR if your doctor is willing to write 'you' a new one you can pick up that'd work too... then you'd just fax or mail it into pete (or your doctor may fax it as well) so a few different ways to go about it.

I'm not sure about proper etiquette there or not as to whether Pete should call him/her first or not.. Probably not... Know what I mean.. Wait till you talk with Pete or .

IF you don't hear from them soon give a call back. Sometimes he can be pretty busy so just in case. But I know too that you'll be busy I suspect.. but breathe deep hon and maybe just not think about it right this moment.

But I would call Walmart and tell them to just to cancel the prescription.. and you'll pick it up (the script itself) You may want to keep it for down the road (who knows?) I think those are good for 6 months.. at least here in Ohio they are.

Hang in there hon.

Dee

awwwh

Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions & More!

Guest guest

Have you contacted the girls at www.pelvicpainrehab.com ?

Today is just NOT my day *sigh* venting

My local compounding pharmacy rep called and asked me why I want it compounded in emu oil. I told the rep that a woman (Dee) in my group recommended I try estradiol instead of Estrace and to use a soothing base....the convo went downhill from there. Then I had to explain to her why I wanted to use estradiol and what its used for. I told the rep that I have VVS and she was like, I've never heard of that, I'm going to have to research it. She needs to find out if the ingredients in the emu oil would compromise the estradiol ingredients and what amounts to use. At this point, I'm highly frustrated so I call Bellevue and leave a message to have Pete call me when he returns. Its such a pain in the butt, that my own local compounding pharmacy is being difficult, just fill the darn thing. To top it off my PT (Dr.Fraser in Los Altos, Ca.) won't write an updated letter to my insurance company because she said

she did it once as a courtesy and that she doesn't deal with insurance companies. I'm trying to prove to my insurance company that there is NO "in network" PT that can treat me. For goodness sakes I pay her $130 every visit and she can't type up a letter that'll take her 5 min's. I'm going all the way to El Dorado Hills from Stockton (an hour and 20 minute drive) to have another PT "in network" evaluate me and then write up a letter to my insurance stating she can't treat me, which she already told me over the phone...she doesn't do internal work. I asked the PT if she can just fax me the letter, that way I don't have to waste the time, gas(high gas prices) and co-pay. You ever have one of those days, where NOTHING seems to go your way? Today is one of those days.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.