RemedySpot.com

Re: Estrace helping..(right way?) .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hon the Meds section she was talking about was something I wrote a long time ago where I detailed a lot of various things.

Overusing it is one of the wrong ways... (which usually happens in the begining) just a peasize dab, enough to make a ''light'' film over the damaged area (though ''I'd'' rub it all over the vulva (the hairless area) ... and to use it at bedtime right before sleep (it has to do with our circadian rhythms)

And then gently massaging it in to maybe a slow count of 10... and esp. rimming the inside edges (even up to the first 'knuckle' if you wanted to) & then the V 'bottom' 6 o'clock area a bit. And I definitely do not mean 'slather' it on... You want to massage that in or any topicals on the vulva so you don't leave a breeding ground for infections or esp. yeast to take place either.

And to 'me' once a night is enough Or even every other night if it irritates a bit.. .. AND 'not' using it when you're in a bad flare up... to let up and don't be a martyr, and having patience. :)

Also for those who might have clitoral pain? Something I named long ago, that I called the ''Q-tip 'Twirl' with a dab of Estrace on it... to twirl in the clitoral shaft to keep that loose and healthy (even mixed with emu oil or vaseline so it doesn't 'drag' or have too much friction.....

Some LSers (and I suppose anyone with enough irritation there) can have that clitoral shaft or hood fuse or adhere with adhesions to where it can't be shifted back at all, and all kinds of 'gook' can get built up in there from smegma to a public hair, urine, ejaculate, TP dust, etc.etc. (and if that Smegma hardens it can be very irritating like hard wax) so the E cream works for that too. Just depends on where it's needed.

Also some have the urethra block up (or almost) and urination is really painful or sprays all over the place.... and the E can help keep that open and healthy too. One woman had to be catherized & dilated by doctors fairly often to open her urethra up *OUCH* (talk about a backup for bacterial infections & kidney problems if that happens) and after the E use she was ok.... and more than a little upset that no doctor had ever suggested it. *GROAN*...

I'd suggest only once a night if you can... (and that's during the initial phases) and once you are ''well'' you definitely should taper down to a maintenance of once or twice week. That was 'my' experience hon and it has helped so many others. Wishing the same for you as well. BIG TIME and again goes without saying (but I will) *grin* .... it's 'my' opinion and certainly what worked for 'me'. HugsDee

----- Original Message ----- From: caliprincess2369@...

There is a right way and wrong way you use the E, whats the right way?~~

-----Original Message-----From: Dee Troll <dtroll@...

Just a note about the E, just in, to give hope. ;)

and to see that it doesn't bother everyone (the 'base' it's in I mean)... ; )

Dee

''I have been using estrace this whole week! I put a dab on and rub itin pretty well. It automatically feels so soothing to my skin. I had asked my dr. for the estrace a year ago. Due to my ignorance, Idid not use it properly but after reading the meds section, I am nowdoing it the right way.''

Guest guest

Estrace was perscribed to me to use internally. I was to insert 1 GM 3xs a week. At the time I got this I was still running back and forth the my GYN and had everyone was keeping me flaired.. It kept me burning more. Now I'm thinking I should maybe try again since I have gotten my pain level down a bit. I dont think I'll do the internal but use it like you are talking about.. Lee AnnDee Troll wrote: Hon the Meds section she was talking about

was something I wrote a long time ago where I detailed a lot of various things. Overusing it is one of the wrong ways... (which usually happens in the begining) just a peasize dab, enough to make a ''light'' film over the damaged area (though ''I'd'' rub it all over the vulva (the hairless area) ... and to use it at bedtime right before sleep (it has to do with our circadian rhythms) And then gently massaging it in to maybe a slow count of 10... and esp. rimming the inside edges (even up to the first 'knuckle' if you wanted to) & then the V 'bottom' 6 o'clock area a bit. And I definitely do not mean 'slather' it on... You want to massage that in or any topicals on the vulva so you don't leave a breeding ground for infections or esp. yeast to take place either. And to 'me' once a night is enough Or even every other

night if it irritates a bit.. .. AND 'not' using it when you're in a bad flare up... to let up and don't be a martyr, and having patience. :) Also for those who might have clitoral pain? Something I named long ago, that I called the ''Q-tip 'Twirl' with a dab of Estrace on it... to twirl in the clitoral shaft to keep that loose and healthy (even mixed with emu oil or vaseline so it doesn't 'drag' or have too much friction..... Some LSers (and I suppose anyone with enough irritation there) can have that clitoral shaft or hood fuse or adhere with adhesions to where it can't be shifted back at all, and all kinds of 'gook' can get built up in there from smegma to a public hair, urine, ejaculate, TP dust, etc.etc. (and if that Smegma hardens it can be very irritating like hard wax) so the E cream works for that too. Just depends on where it's

needed. Also some have the urethra block up (or almost) and urination is really painful or sprays all over the place.... and the E can help keep that open and healthy too. One woman had to be catherized & dilated by doctors fairly often to open her urethra up *OUCH* (talk about a backup for bacterial infections & kidney problems if that happens) and after the E use she was ok.... and more than a little upset that no doctor had ever suggested it. *GROAN*... I'd suggest only once a night if you can... (and that's during the initial phases) and once you are ''well'' you definitely should taper down to a maintenance of once or twice week. That was 'my' experience hon and it has helped so many others. Wishing the same for you as well. BIG TIME and again goes without saying (but I will) *grin* .... it's 'my' opinion and certainly what worked for 'me'.

HugsDee ----- Original Message ----- From: caliprincess2369 (AT) aol (DOT) com There is a right way and wrong way you use the E, whats the right way?~~ -----Original Message-----From: Dee Troll <dtroll (AT) cboss (DOT) com Just a note about the E, just in, to give hope. ;) and to see that it doesn't bother everyone (the 'base' it's in I mean)... ; ) Dee ''I have been using estrace this whole week! I put a dab on and rub itin pretty well. It automatically feels so soothing to my skin. I had asked my dr. for the estrace a year ago. Due to my ignorance, Idid not use it properly but after reading the meds section, I am nowdoing it the right way.''

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

HI Lee Ann.

Just wanted to add that IF the Estrace cream stings you or irritates, keep in mind you can always have 'estradiol' compounded in a very mild base hon... I've no idea of your age but 'usually' using the E cream inserted is for someone who's menopausal and using it for HRT replacement (and helping the V tissue) ... and it would be more systemic that way of course.... but it's mainly for helping the V tissue? .. external, topical use can really help.

But it does take some time.... and to know when to back off it for a bit till things simmer down. But then go back to it, that's the secret and to not give up on it... (and to not use it in a flare up.. As the tissue gets healthier and healthier those flare ups get further and further apart till hopefully there aren't any. :) At least that's definitely how it worked for me and was just like Dr. J. Willems from Scripps said it would. :)

Good luck honDee