RemedySpot.com

G 'spot' Prostate & Pelvic pain syndromes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Molly and all,

From my understanding prostatodynia is an inflamed prostate hon, the word itself is derived from the prostate and dynia means pain like vulvodynia.. no? Pain in the vulva.

The medical dictionary says prostatodynia is a rarely used term for prostatalgia and prostatalgia is a rarely used term for pain in the area of the prostate gland often from an unsuspected infectious agent. As it talks about in that article how the prostate is

mildly boggy on examination (indents like a ripe fruit) instead of being firm and is tender.

I know they were talking about men there but here's something interesting too and I've 'always' thought women had a 'prostate' version in their own way.*smile*

A clip from one article:

''In 2002, what was once an obscure female anatomical feature known as the paraurethral glands, or Skene's glands, was officially renamed the prostate by the Federative International Committee on Anatomical Terminology.'' And the female version sometimes creates an ejaculation of fluid if rubbed the right way — through the G spot. They say.

Ummmm wait a minute... I always though the Skene's glands were elsewhere, on either side of the urethra, so now I'm confused, LOL

Never mind I just looked it up and it's NOT

where MY G spot is I can tell you. ;) the

photo below shows it correctly (in my opinion)

but maybe they mean the female ejaculate (for those who do) comes from the Skenes glands? ummm... I question that but could be wrong. ;)

Skene's gland

THIS ONE SHOWS THE G SPOT

OH well just mumbling and I can see men having similiar pelvic pain syndromes that's for sure whatever they call it and makes sense if the prostate is inflammed it sure could cause that.

Dr. PERRY (the pro on the G spot) are you still with us? :) Dee

Guest guest

Obscure? How freakin' insulting. Women are 51% of the population...obviously Skene's glands aren't "obscure"...it sounds like a birth defect or something. Just because the AUTHOR didn't know about it. He also probably doesn't know where the clitoris is, either. Lindsey

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.