RemedySpot.com

Condom Use? Be careful of 'non oxynol 9)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI allHon seeing the mention of using condoms... just a reminder for 'everyone' that I would hope NONE of you use any of those 'pre-lubricated' ones that contain Non-oxynol 9 in it (or derivatives of that).... it can burn or irritate you to HIGH HEAVEN and feel like miniscule glass (like fiberglass or Angel hair) cutting you. It's been banned in some countries already....(and under investigation with the FDA here too) so just a heads up on that one. ;)

It's also in many lubes too and it's a spermacide... Read those ingredients. :)

Dee

Guest guest

I use shared pleasure by Trojan (orange color wrapper) and lubricated Trojan (teal color wrapper), so your saying that this is a big NO NO? I don't have the box they came in, so I'm not sure whether it contains Non-Oxynol 9 or not. I didn't think that the condoms were to blame, I thought it was my VVS or PFD problems.

~~

Condom Use? Be careful of 'non oxynol 9)

HI all

Hon seeing the mention of using condoms... just a reminder for 'everyone' that I would hope NONE of you use any of those 'pre-lubricated' ones that contain Non-oxynol 9 in it (or derivatives of that).... it can burn or irritate you to HIGH HEAVEN and feel like miniscule glass (like fiberglass or Angel hair) cutting you. It's been banned in some countries already....(and under investigation with the FDA here too) so just a heads up on that one. ;)

It's also in many lubes too and it's a spermacide... Read those ingredients. :)

Dee

Get the MapQuest Toolbar, Maps, Traffic, Directions More!

Guest guest

HI ,

I tried to ck out Trojan brand and see several that have the Nonoxynol #9 in them.

This is one:

''Trojan Ultra Pleasure Spermicidal Lubricated Latex Condoms''

Trojan-Enz Lubricated Latex Condoms, Spermicidal

Also contains it.

Trojan Ultra Thin Lubricated Latex Condoms, Spermicidal

Also contains it.

Trojan-Enz Lubricated Latex Condoms

This one is lubricated but it says a jelly-type, water soluble, and I would 'think' it's probably ok, since it doesn't specify the Nonoxynol 9... but not sure.

Some others just say 'lubricated' but unfortunately don't say the ingredients and I didn't check them all out (WOW do they have a big selection *grin*.

If you buy those locally hon, I'd stop in the store and double ck hon... the ingredients 'should' be listed, but one of the key words to look for would be if it says 'spermacidal' and look for derivatives of the word nonoxynol 9.. a little different spelling or abbreviations of it. (like NO 9, etc.)

It really can feel like spun glass with the minute' cuts it can create and what's so ironic is that they originally created that for 3rd world countries to prevent AIDS and ironically came to find out it could ''increase'' the risk AIDS by creating those tiny cuts allowing the virus entry. So what did they do but bring it to the USA and gave it out to the 'free' clinics. Doesn't bother the men but WOW the poor women. *Sigh*

.... I did a lot of research on that years ago and had tons of info about it even from the Gov. Docket http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/03-902.htm and have written them as well. If you scroll down at that link you'll see the risks for V irritation, but it's far more than that simple phrase 'irritation'.

Just be cautious is all I can suggest and ck out those ingredients and who knows even a lube 'without the NO 9... might be irritating depending what's in it but for sure I'd look out for that NO 9.

Dee~ ;)

----- Original Message ----- From: caliprincess2369@...

I use shared pleasure by Trojan (orange color wrapper) and lubricated Trojan (teal color wrapper), so your saying that this is a big NO NO? I don't have the box they came in, so I'm not sure whether it contains Non-Oxynol 9 or not. I didn't think that the condoms were to blame, I thought it was my VVS or PFD problems.~~