RemedySpot.com

YEAST MEDS? Glabrata Strain? Try Vagistat..... was ----> vestibulitis or resistant yeast infection??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI ... ;)

Just curious seeing your doctor said to 'take' the Terazol (terconazole) for 3 weeks because you have the Glabrata strain, right?..... I've only been aware of it for vaginal use.... and that sounds like it's an oral tablet?

When I had a yeast infection (no longer get them) ... I'd always use the Vagistat (tioconazole) the 'one' time use vaginal insert, (one time was about all I could bear because it did irritate me but it was overwith quickly and in a few days I'd be fine) because the Vagistat will kill not only the typical yeast (candida albican, monilia) but it's also effective for the 'glabrata' rarer strain. (as a 'just in case' thing with me)

Just something to consider. And I know that glabrata is resistant to systemic Diflucan too so that doesn't help.

OH OH Hon....

I just quickly looked up the Terazol.... and it says it's basically for the average Candida strain... doesn't say a thing about Glabrata.

''TERAZOL 7 Vaginal Cream 0.4%, TERAZOL 3 Vaginal Cream 0.8% and TERAZOL 3 Vaginal Suppositories 80 mg are indicated for the local treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis (moniliasis). As these products are effective only for vulvovaginitis caused by the genus Candida, As these products are effective only for vulvovaginitis caused by the genus Candida, the diagnosis should be confirmed by KOH smears and/or cultures.''

And here's what it says about the Vagistat that I used and why...

''Tioconazole (Vagistat) is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that inhibits the growth of human pathogenic yeasts. Tioconazole exhibits fungicidal activity in vitro against Candida albicans, other species of the genus Candida, and against Torulopsis glabrata. ''

I've no idea of course but to me it sure sounds like that would would be a better medication if that's what you have and to me, no doubt would contribute to your pain, as any yeast infection can. *OUCH * I sure remember those days..

Gosh I hope you get that straightend out hon. I'm SO sorry and sure feel for ya. *sigh*

Dee

Guest guest

no, it's a cream!!Dee Troll wrote: HI ... ;) Just curious seeing your doctor said to 'take' the Terazol (terconazole) for 3 weeks because you have the Glabrata strain, right?..... I've only been aware of it for vaginal use.... and that sounds like it's an oral tablet? When I had a yeast infection (no longer get them) ... I'd always use the Vagistat (tioconazole) the 'one' time use vaginal insert, (one time was about

all I could bear because it did irritate me but it was overwith quickly and in a few days I'd be fine) because the Vagistat will kill not only the typical yeast (candida albican, monilia) but it's also effective for the 'glabrata' rarer strain. (as a 'just in case' thing with me) Just something to consider. And I know that glabrata is resistant to systemic Diflucan too so that doesn't help. OH OH Hon.... I just quickly looked up the Terazol.... and it says it's basically for the average Candida strain... doesn't say a thing about Glabrata. ''TERAZOL 7 Vaginal Cream 0.4%, TERAZOL 3 Vaginal Cream 0.8% and TERAZOL 3 Vaginal Suppositories 80 mg are indicated for the local treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis (moniliasis). As these products are effective only for

vulvovaginitis caused by the genus Candida, As these products are effective only for vulvovaginitis caused by the genus Candida, the diagnosis should be confirmed by KOH smears and/or cultures.'' And here's what it says about the Vagistat that I used and why... ''Tioconazole (Vagistat) is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that inhibits the growth of human pathogenic yeasts. Tioconazole exhibits fungicidal activity in vitro against Candida albicans, other species of the genus Candida, and against Torulopsis glabrata. '' I've no idea of course but to me it sure sounds like that would would be a better

medication if that's what you have and to me, no doubt would contribute to your pain, as any yeast infection can. *OUCH * I sure remember those days.. Gosh I hope you get that straightend out hon. I'm SO sorry and sure feel for ya. *sigh* Dee

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.