RemedySpot.com

Understanding Neuropathic Pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

WOW nne. :)

I definitely agree with you hon on that great link you just sent on Neuropathic pain.

Thank YOU...

http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article1614.html

Especially how it speaks about the differences between ''Nociceptive'' (ACUTE) pain and ''Neuropathic'' (CHRONIC) pain and how they are caused by different neuro–physiological processes and why different medications are needed.

Speaking of medications they definitely went into all the various types, I'd be overwhelmed if I had to choose but it certainly gives enough options if one doesn't help.

I also thought this quote was well worth remembering and a different take on the situation.

''Chronic Pain (Neuropathic) rather than being the symptom of a disease process, chronic pain is itself a disease process."

That is why it's the pain itself that needs treated the longer it's there if it's chronic and long term, regardless of the cause, versus an acute phase.

Also just because these words 'somatic' & 'visceral' pain were within that article you might find this link interesting too hon that explains pain types (much shorter tho) and what those term mean as well. http://www.oncologychannel.com/pain/types.shtml

Well I definitely can see what category you fit into hon and no doubt you saw yourself all over the place and believe me my heart goes out to you. *sigh* I know the suffering you've done and what you've gone thru (and still are in) and I sincerely wish for you from the bottom of my heart that you find the right treatment and pray that someday you will get relief from all of that. (and PDQ too) *grin*Big big ((hugs)) and thanks again for that 'keeper' ;)

Dee~

Guest guest

Just a note to say that I did download that in full in the FILE section of the Home page.. and also put the link in our LInk section, I thought it was really a good keeper.

Thanks again Mare..

Dee

Guest guest

nne,

Very interesting. I have had benefit from the opioids. I guess

that makes me different from some of the others who have tried

medicines usually used for neuropathic type pain. I took

Neurontin for a different nerve issue back in the 1990s and I

found that it didn't help me as long as I took the medicine by

itself. I get better results with the opioids.

Kristy :)

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ