RemedySpot.com

Re: YEAST MEDS? Glabrata Strain? Try Vagistat..... was ---- vestibu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It COULD be (I'm not a doc here, so it's just a layperson opinion) that the long-term yeast has aggravated your nerves and muscles. Hopefully killing the yeast will help (boric acid is supposed to do wonders with resistant yeast, and gynazole is also supposed to work with glabrata), using topical estrace to help toughen up the tissue again. If need be, physical therapy can help relax overly tight muscles from being in pain for so long to promote skin/tissue healing and also promote the healing of the nerves. Hopefully the topicals will do it but keep us updated! Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. I know I am MUCH better and this all started out with a raging yeast infection that was poorly managed by my quack docs. Lindsey

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I surely agree with you Lindsey *and I'm certainly no doc either) *grin* that any long term chronic condition, like the constant yeast infections or even the abuse or overuse of the medications themselves can aggravate those nerves and muscles just as that article that nne sent in talked about and then it becomes a secondary or co-existing issue. Then you've got to treat the pain as a whole separate entity. Good thought and more than a reason why if that's case the PT could help. :)

But I still wouldn't attempt it until that tissue is healthier and could handle it. Same way with the dilators... they can be very beneficial in some cases but I'd only one when the skin is healthy enough (and prepped with the E and possibly the T) to endure that stretching without tearing even more. (I'm not talking about vagninismus alone there, but only if the skin is also involved with pain).

Dee

Re: YEAST MEDS? Glabrata Strain? Try Vagistat..... was ---- vestibu

It COULD be (I'm not a doc here, so it's just a layperson opinion) that the long-term yeast has aggravated your nerves and muscles. Hopefully killing the yeast will help (boric acid is supposed to do wonders with resistant yeast, and gynazole is also supposed to work with glabrata), using topical estrace to help toughen up the tissue again. If need be, physical therapy can help relax overly tight muscles from being in pain for so long to promote skin/tissue healing and also promote the healing of the nerves. Hopefully the topicals will do it but keep us updated! Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. I know I am MUCH better and this all started out with a raging yeast infection that was poorly managed by my quack docs.

Lindsey

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.