RemedySpot.com

Re: re: Estradiol Usage questions/ Dee's reply/Chelle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chelle,

I have my lab print out and this is how it reads: testosterone (total) 25.9, estradiol pg/ml is 64.7, FSH miu/ml is 6.8 and LH mil/ml is 4.5 I was on my period when I got my blood work taken, which I know makes a difference depending on where a woman is at in her cycle. My NP vaguely mentioned PCOS, why, I really don't know because she told me my levels were normal. I've always had regular periods, don't have acne, facial hair, painful periods or any of the symptoms that PCOS calls for. I was a bit baffled as to why she even brought that to my attention if it was unlikely, so now I've got that in the back of my mind (unnecessary stress). When during my cycle should I get my estrogen level checked, to know whether I can use the estradiol vaginally? This hormone stuff is very confusing, I purchased the book "Screaming To Be Heard", although I'm going to finish the "V Book" before I start on that book.

Re: re: Estradiol Usage questions/ Dee's reply. ;)

caliprincess2369 (AT) aol (DOT) com wrote:

>>>>>Should I ask my OBGYN about trying Vagifem and if so how does one explain to their doctor why they need it?

, vagifem is a much smaller dose of the bio-identical estrogen. I began using it along with the Estrace topically 3 yrs. ago. It's a lot less messy than the Estrace internally. Due to hormone problems, I've since had to move on to an Estrogen patch and no longer use anything internally.

I have IC, along with vulvodynia, so I told my uro/gyn I wanted to try vagifem because I knew it would have good uro/gyn effects -- especially on my poor bladder.

Do you know what your blood level of Estrogen is? If you use the Estrace vaginally it might very well push your E. levels up (good if you need that, maybe not if you don't).

This is just a suggestion, but I think I would take it slowly and just start with the Estradiol topically and then go very slowly if you need anything internally. Vagifem could be a really good option if you need something internally, though.

As for getting it from your doc, yes, it can be a pain, just study about hormones and go in there 'knowing' what you are talking about... *grin* -- that has worked for me over and over. ;) ~Chelle

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.