RemedySpot.com

Re: Prolotherapy - April

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

April, did you have the injections directly into your SI Joint? I have SI Joint Dysfunction myself. Thanks, ~ChelleApril M wrote: I had prolotherapy to help my sacroiliac joint about 6 years ago. I wanted to have a baby and my back was horrible from an injury. I had numerous injections in my lower back and pubic symphysis. It helped my

back and my VV. It is EXTREMELY PAINFUL but it does help!

Guest guest

Chelle,

I don't think they give the injections right in the SI joint. They give them in all of the ligaments surrounding the joint. He believes that strengthening the supporting ligaments will not allow the SI joint to move so much. My joint was very hypermobile! When I went in for a session, he would give me a ton of injections!

I had prolotherapy to help my sacroiliac joint about 6 years ago. I wanted to have a baby and my back was horrible from an injury. I had numerous injections in my lower back and pubic symphysis. It helped my back and my VV. It is EXTREMELY PAINFUL but it does help!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

>>>>>If they manipulations don't work, you could try prolotherapy. I was also hypermobile and that was the only thing that helped me.Hi April, I remember you saying that prolotherapy helped your SI joint. Who was the Physical Therapist that treated you? Before I ever mentioned prolotherapy, my local pain Doc told me that I shouldn't even considered it. I realize, though, that is just his opinion. ;)Thanks, Chelle

Guest guest

If you go to the coccyx.org site they have some scary things to say about prolotherapy, nevertheless i am interested in understanding more about it, as injections or surgery seem to be the only other options

Re: Prolotherapy - April

>>>>>If they manipulations don't work, you could try prolotherapy. I was also hypermobile and that was the only thing that helped me.Hi April, I remember you saying that prolotherapy helped your SI joint. Who was the Physical Therapist that treated you? Before I ever mentioned prolotherapy, my local pain Doc told me that I shouldn't even considered it. I realize, though, that is just his opinion. ;)Thanks, Chelle