RemedySpot.com

discusted

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have been seeing a new PT. She's great and has a ton of patients so she's full of answers to my questions. We were talking one day about icing the vagina and I said man I would love to get it right up in the canal without freezing myself to death lol.. She told me to try something like dawn dish soap or something that want freeze solid in a condom and inset it lol.. So I did and the condom has me so spiked I can't stand it. I went from a day or so of no pain to about an 8. I feel like a cross between a yeast infection and a UTI. I'm sooooo bummed out and soo tired of living this way I don't know what to do. I have tried so many things and nothing works for me.

Today I was talking with my PT about totally getting over this and being back to normal. She said she has never had anyone to be totally back to normal. There will always be somedays with pain. I just can't take it anymore. I have had back pain for going on 7 years and then this comes along and it's been a year now dealing with both. I had been hopeful things were starting to seem better till this set back and then her saying that shes never had anyone go pain free back to normal.

I don't feel Dr is any help eather. Her nurse told me Dr probably wouldnt see me till I got the nerotin in my system.. But I can't tollerate that eather. It took me over 4 months to get up to 130 on ellerville and it didnt help eather.

Everyone says think positive things will get better, keep your faith in god and so on.. but set back after set back and doctor after doctor I'm sooooo totally ready to lay it down and give up.

Lee Ann

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

If I have sex with a condom. I put a Yeast Arrest Boric Acid capsule in right afterwards. The condom seems to mess things up for me too. The Boric acid capsule seems to get things to calm down.

BlueeberriWondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

Leann,

I have definitely had my moments of wanting to give up - heck, of

giving up!

But there are people who get totally better! My PT has had lots of

them. It just takes forever and ever to find the right combinations.

The trial and error is what gets to me. Just wanted to let you know it

is possible...and I'm thinking of you today.

Melinda

Guest guest

Thanks

Subject: Re: discustedTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 12:38 PM

Leann,I have definitely had my moments of wanting to give up - heck, of giving up!But there are people who get totally better! My PT has had lots of them. It just takes forever and ever to find the right combinations. The trial and error is what gets to me. Just wanted to let you know it is possible...and I'm thinking of you today.Melinda

Guest guest

If the condom is what bothers you, you could try using something made from a different material. ...Maybe those medical gloves (fill a finger and tie it off) -- not the latex ones as that'd be the same thing as a condom, but they make ones from other materials including vinyl. Or even thin plastic would work, too. (Note that this second recommendation is for icing it, *not* for sex, because plastic is not a good barrier against STDs or pregnancy).

~~

I have been seeing a new PT. She's great and has a ton of patients so she's full of answers to my questions. We were talking one day about icing the vagina and I said man I would love to get it right up in the canal without freezing myself to death lol.. She told me to try something like dawn dish soap or something that want freeze solid in a condom and inset it lol.. So I did and the condom has me so spiked I can't stand it. I went from a day or so of no pain to about an 8. I feel like a cross between a yeast infection and a UTI. I'm sooooo bummed out and soo tired of living this way I don't know what to do. I have tried so many things and nothing works for me.

Guest guest

Just a reminder too about not (or double check) using the pre-lubricated condoms.... since most use the Non-oxynol 9.... an extremely irritating ingredient, BIG TIME..Bad news. It's been banned already in some countries. Just be careful and look for that ingredient or a derivative of it if you do use the already lubed ones.

Dee

Re: discusted

If I have sex with a condom. I put a Yeast Arrest Boric Acid capsule in right afterwards. The condom seems to mess things up for me too. The Boric acid capsule seems to get things to calm down.

Blueeberri

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

Lee Ann: I am so sorry to hear of these unfortunate experiences that have made you disgusted. My female doctor told me not to put "anything but your finger up there and wash with your hand only" quote. I have never heard of inserting the condom full of soap that won't freeze thing either. I know that sitting on a bag of frozen peas..I mean putting it between your legs, that gives relief. Also laying on the couch and putting one leg up over the back of the couch and letting air circulate gives relieif. I could not tolerate Elavil either. So I understand you. Also my first female doctor at UT Southwestern Dallas who is now in New Jersery told me "it can disappear just as quickly as it came". I get down too when I think of all the years that have been stolen from me...People just cannot understand what it is like. Although, I am so much better. I do thank God every day that I am not like I used to be. I still take the Lyrica. Going off of it actually...is still a challenge for me to think about doing for I don't ever want to be that woman in the waiting room that is DESPERATELY begging for help ever again.

Please do hang on. Being positive and determined about getting well does not mean that a person is always on the upside. Setbacks and downers are always there.

My husband has back pain so I kinda understand what you are having going thru with that one. He took Tramadol till the doctor finally gave him Hydrocodone sp? It still does not take it away. It cuts the edge off.

Just do your best. I have being going thru this for five years I guess. I never thought I would feel as good as I do now. Yes, I have bad days...I just get out the ice, get out the tramadol, put on my comfy white pants...terry cloth ones are my favorites...and do my best to de stress.

I don't know what else to say...I am so so so with you. CAN'T SOMEONE HELP US? love, ML

Guest guest

I always buy the non latex kind.. Cant think of what there made out of right off.. but I did find out that moist heat helps blood flow as to where icing kinda stops or slows blood flow... so maybe that isnt such a great idea anyway.

Lee Ann

Guest guest

I never even thought about what it was lubricated with. My GYN did say to get the non lubed. But I dont think I did.. I know there not latex though. They say for latex sensative

Lee Ann

Subject: Re: discustedTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 4:04 PM

Just a reminder too about not (or double check) using the pre-lubricated condoms.... since most use the Non-oxynol 9.... an extremely irritating ingredient, BIG TIME..Bad news. It's been banned already in some countries. Just be careful and look for that ingredient or a derivative of it if you do use the already lubed ones.

Dee

Re: discusted

Blueeberri

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

Yea it really is a helpless feeling! What is Tramadol? And lyrica?

I have checked somethings out at the herb store and have been thinking about the kava kava.. It's a all natural muscle relaxer. My pelvic floor still doesnt relax very well. But I have read to much about shots and injections to want to even try those. It's very frustrating to think no one can help us.

Lee Ann

Subject: RE: discustedTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 5:50 PM

Lee Ann: I am so sorry to hear of these unfortunate experiences that have made you disgusted. My female doctor told me not to put "anything but your finger up there and wash with your hand only" quote. I have never heard of inserting the condom full of soap that won't freeze thing either. I know that sitting on a bag of frozen peas..I mean putting it between your legs, that gives relief. Also laying on the couch and putting one leg up over the back of the couch and letting air circulate gives relieif. I could not tolerate Elavil either. So I understand you. Also my first female doctor at UT Southwestern Dallas who is now in New Jersery told me "it can disappear just as quickly as it came". I get down too when I think of all the years that have been stolen from

me...People just cannot understand what it is like. Although, I am so much better. I do thank God every day that I am not like I used to be. I still take the Lyrica. Going off of it actually...is still a challenge for me to think about doing for I don't ever want to be that woman in the waiting room that is DESPERATELY begging for help ever again.

Please do hang on. Being positive and determined about getting well does not mean that a person is always on the upside. Setbacks and downers are always there.

My husband has back pain so I kinda understand what you are having going thru with that one. He took Tramadol till the doctor finally gave him Hydrocodone sp? It still does not take it away. It cuts the edge off.

Just do your best. I have being going thru this for five years I guess. I never thought I would feel as good as I do now. Yes, I have bad days...I just get out the ice, get out the tramadol, put on my comfy white pants...terry cloth ones are my favorites... and do my best to de stress.

I don't know what else to say...I am so so so with you. CAN'T SOMEONE HELP US? love, ML

Guest guest

There may be a good chance, then, that you reacted to the non-oxynol 9, since, backwhen i was in the market for condoms, i had to do quite a search to find any that wereNOT pre-lubricated.HollisI never even thought about what it was lubricated with. My GYN did say to get the non lubed. But I dont think I did.. I know there not latex though. They say for latex sensative Lee Ann From: Dee Troll <dtroll (AT) cboss (DOT) com> Subject: Re: discusted To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. com Date: Saturday, May 10, 2008, 4:04 PM Just a reminder too about not (or double check) using the pre-lubricated condoms.... since most use the Non-oxynol 9.... an extremely irritating ingredient, BIG TIME..Bad news. It's been banned already in some countries. Just be careful and look for that ingredient or a derivative of it if you do use the already lubed ones. Dee Re: discusted If I have sex with a condom. I put a Yeast Arrest Boric Acid capsule in right afterwards. The condom seems to mess things up for me too. The Boric acid capsule seems to get things to calm down. Blueeberri ___________________________________Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food. ___________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hon if you used a lubricated condom I'd almost bet 10-1 that was the problem. I used one 'ONCE' and went thru the roof... honestly that non-oxynol 9, and it is in so many lubricated condoms and some lubes as well can be just like asbestos cuts.*sigh* It's no wonder they're trying to get it banned BIG TIME here (as it in some other countries already) ... and I'm talking about the FDA.. Quite a while ago they had a place where people could write them (the FDA) and tell them and I definitely did my testimony's somewhere there, and there were so many others... but talk about the wheels grinding slowly. grrrrr

But speaking of iced things,*grin* one woman told me she used popsickles in a condom (non lubed but with her own reg. lube without the NO 9) .. LOL not for long as you sure don't want to do any damage that cold might do, but for what it's worth. :

Dee

----- Original Message ----- From: Lee Ann

I never even thought about what it was lubricated with. My GYN did say to get the non lubed. But I dont think I did.. I know there not latex though. They say for latex sensative Lee Ann