RemedySpot.com

Modified vulvar vestibulectomy: simple and effective surgery for the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Modified vulvar vestibulectomy: simple and effective surgery for

the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis.

Department of Obstetrics

and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Hadassah Medical Organization,

Mt. Scopus, P.O.B. 24035, Jerusalem 91240, Israel. yuvallavy@...

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate

the success of a simple modified vestibulectomy in treating vulvar vestibulitis.

STUDY DESIGN: Fifty-nine patients with vulvar vestibulitis refractory to

nonsurgical treatment underwent modified vestibulectomy. Response was defined

as return to normal coitus and was graded as complete, partial or

non-responsive. RESULTS: The postoperative follow-up period was 6 months-10

years. Thirty-nine (73.6%) patients reported complete response, 7 (13.2%) had

partial response, and 7 (13.2%) were non-responsive to surgery. CONCLUSION:

Surgery is an effective treatment for vulvar vestibulitis refractory to

conservative treatment. Simple modified vestibulectomy is considerably less

invasive, technically simpler and probably less time consuming. Postoperative

results employing this surgical procedure are found to be in line with

postoperative results reported by others who employ surgical methods that are

more extensive.

nne

Guest guest

BTW - I used to work for a medical publishing company that published the Journl of Gynaecological Surgery. While I no longer work there and thus don't have access to it anymore, tit did publish a study that this modified surgery, where less of the "horseshoe"-shape is removed, led to significantly higher rates of failure. I had a vestibulectomy and it wasn't terrible. It wasn't a complete solution, but it got my constant, debilitating pain down to the point where I could at least function in society and not want to kill myself to be perfectly blunt. If you're going to do it, and you've set aside a week from work to do it, you might as well aim for the one with a higher success rate. I don't feel like my vagina is any less attractive... and I did have pain throughout the entire horseshoe shape. I was happy to get as much of that horrible affected tissue out of my body. Just my 2 cts!millburytimes

wrote: Modified vulvar vestibulectomy: simple and effective surgery for the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Hadassah Medical Organization, Mt. Scopus, P.O.B. 24035,

Jerusalem 91240, Israel. yuvallavy (AT) yahoo (DOT) com OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the success of a simple modified vestibulectomy in treating vulvar vestibulitis. STUDY DESIGN: Fifty-nine patients with vulvar vestibulitis refractory to nonsurgical treatment underwent modified vestibulectomy. Response was defined as return to normal coitus and was graded as complete, partial or non-responsive. RESULTS: The postoperative follow-up period was 6 months-10 years. Thirty-nine (73.6%) patients reported complete response, 7 (13.2%) had partial response, and 7 (13.2%) were non-responsive to surgery. CONCLUSION: Surgery is an effective treatment for vulvar vestibulitis refractory to conservative treatment. Simple modified vestibulectomy is considerably less invasive, technically simpler and probably less time consuming. Postoperative results employing this surgical procedure are found to be in line with postoperative

results reported by others who employ surgical methods that are more extensive. nne