RemedySpot.com

Question to Bluberri and others about Candida Diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Bluberri or anyone else that can answer this: I was wondering if Bluberri or anyone else out there who has had some relief from their vulvodynia by going on a anti candida proticol if the diet they were on was really strict like no carbs or fruit at all. When I look at the anti candida diets out there some say you can have one piece of fruit and others have carbs but the really strict one says no carbs or fruits only veges and meat... and I am not a big meat eater. Just curious how strict one needs to be as I am also taking some supplements to kill candida. Thanks, Baukti

Guest guest

Hi,The first four months I kept on the diet pretty strict. The only fruit I would allow myself after a month was apples. Nothing else. I did eat sugar free yeast free toast occassionally. But not the first month.

I snacked on carrot and celery sticks. I ate steak , chicken with steamed veggies for dinner. I did sneak in a baked potato or two. I only used REAL butter on them with salt and pepper. No sour cream. No milk.

No soda pop, no coffee. I had oatmeal everyday for breakfast with walnuts on it. Sweetened with stevia. Almond butter on rice cakes. Scrambled eggs. Bacon. I made my own chicken tenders with tapioca flour.

I have to say. I never felt better in my life. I bought all of my groceries at the health food store and made all of my own food. I added gluten free fruit cookies (similar to fig newtons) for treats. Now I got this job where I travel and eat the "Normal" American diet and I feel like crap again. I decided for breakfast today to have an EMERGENCY vitamin C drink and a piece of sugar free wheat free bread with natural peanut butter on it for breakfast..tonight for dinner chicken breast and steamed broccoli. In our society if you do not cook everyday, it is a hard diet to be on, but if you cook it is totally possible. I wish our society would realize the value of eating this way (the caveman diet!) so restaraunts and food manufacturers would hop on board.

Also, remember, I was on the diet for 4 months before i was pain free. I was not about to give up. I see many women give up after only a few weeks. I now never have the AWFUL flare ups I did 6 years ago. I have this under control and probably would even more if I went totally back on the diet which I try to do when i am home. I have tons of ideas of what people can eat on this diet that is good if anyone is interested. I took a job as a deli manager in a health food store for a year when I started the diet to learn about healthy eating, I also got a discount on the food! The pay sucked so I left the job, but the information I got was so valuble!

Now I have a great job, but the food I get sucks! LOL

BlueeberriGet trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Guest guest

I never went on that diet however I did cut out sweets completely for a while

and it really helped a lot.

Ora

On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:22:52 -0700 (PDT), baukti baukti bhaukti@...>

wrote:

>Hi Bluberri or anyone else that can answer this: I was wondering if Bluberri or

anyone else out there who has had some relief from their vulvodynia by going on

a anti candida proticol if the diet they were on was really strict like no carbs

or fruit at all. When I look at the anti candida diets out there some say you

can have one piece of fruit and others have carbs but the really strict one says

no carbs or fruits only veges and meat... and I am not a big meat eater. Just

curious how strict one needs to be as I am also taking some supplements to kill

candida. Thanks, Baukti

>

Guest guest

Baukti,

I did the Body Ecology Diet which believes you have to be UBER-STRICT.

If you cheat even a little, you are feeding the yeast and it won't die,

it will cling on and on. I say, if you are going for it, just go for it

and do it right. It sucks to do it almost all the way but not see the

benefits because you had a piece of fruit here and there.

Melinda

Guest guest

Hi Melinda, I was actually on the Body Ecology Diet for more then several years and my health just seem to get worse and I did all the good bacteria keifer and green drinks she recommends. I actually talked to her several times on the phone and she always was really nice and helpful but really after so many years and just getting worse I decided maybe yeast wasn't the issue but now I wonder if diet alone really works without some kind of anti candida supplement or meds and the diet for candida that they put me on at the Naturapathic school was more strict ( the cave man diet) as they said no grains at all not even the ones that she recommends. I don't know I feel so burnt out on all these diets and things. I wonder sometimes if my problems had to do with the initial treatment for bladder infection and antibiotics that followed and then the yeast infection that seem to trigger it all. I wonder now if it really has to do with low thyroid as others in my

family have thyroid issues and thyroid makes you prone to all kinds of infections such as bladder and yeast. I don't know it is all so confusing. How has your health been with that diet did you notice any positive changes??? Bauktispanishmiss430 wrote: Baukti,I did the Body Ecology Diet which believes you have to be UBER-STRICT. If you cheat even a little, you are feeding the yeast and it won't die, it will cling on and on. I say, if you are going for it, just go for it and do it right. It

sucks to do it almost all the way but not see the benefits because you had a piece of fruit here and there.Melinda

Guest guest

Baukti,

On the BED diet, I had a rough time, like you. I had a lot of really

horrible cleansing and didn't stick with it long enough to see any real

benefits, it was just too darn hard. Now I working on eating a more

traditional, Weston Price diet, although not nearly there yet. I eat

lots of eggs, other protein, fruits and veggies, coconut oil, and raw

milk, and no gluten or processed sugars but I will have some dark

chocolate or real organic maply syrup if I want. I am not doing kefirs

right now and that is a goal for me as I know I need the good bacteria.

I think I saw a lot of improvement just going gluten-free!

Melinda =)

Guest guest

Hi, For me, the anti - candida diet means no yeast. So, no breads with yeast, alcohol, vinegar (this is hard, cause its in everything), nothing fermented, no olives, pickles, no salad dressing ketsup, manoyasie, BBQ, basically, no sauce (they all have vinegar). I can eat carbs, and fruit without a problem. But I think what's important is figuring out what is best for your body. So I would go strict at first and then see what you can add. This is how I did it. This diet saved my life. My pain, swelling, horrible itching went from 9 to 2. But I took a blood test for food allergies and came back with the highest possible reaction to yeast, so I knew going into the diet that I would help. This is the test that I took.www.betterhealthusa.comAll my best!Mbaukti baukti wrote: Hi Bluberri or anyone else that can answer this: I was wondering if Bluberri or anyone else out there who has had some relief from their vulvodynia by going on a anti candida proticol if the diet they were on was really strict like no carbs or fruit at all. When I look at the anti candida diets out there some say you can have one piece of fruit and others have carbs but the really strict one says no carbs or fruits only veges and meat... and I am not a big meat eater. Just curious how strict one needs to be as I am also taking some supplements to kill candida. Thanks, Baukti