RemedySpot.com

Re: long term antifungal treatment - lulu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm so sorry Lulu, but please hang in there...don't give up, there has to be an answer. Have you tried antihistamines? They are so good for inflammation...by calming down all the mast cell production! That right there might at least give you a break from feeling so much pain associated with the infections. After seven years of constant pain an antihistamine was the first med that ever helped me. Antihistamines can also help with nausea. I'm not sure if they all do, but maybe you could research that and see. I was just wondering if you actually always culture for yeast.... because Dee has pointed out that sometimes the inflammation still hangs around even 'after' an infection has cleared -- and it still 'feels' like it's there. Take Care,Chellelulubuns wrote: Yes it's definately yeast. I'm now having to take anti-nauseamedication along with the Diflucan to prevent vomiting. Boric acidalso caused the burning and swelling, I literally cannot put anysubstance in my vagina without it causing burning and swelling, I haveallergic reactions to everything. It is now impossible to insertanything, the vestibulitis is too severe. I've had an infection everyday for 9 months, it never goes away because the good bacteria nevercomes back...there is nothing but yeast and bad bacteria in me. Thereis nothing doctors can do to help me, I feel like my life is ruined :(Doctors have no way of restoring the vaginal ecosystem.

Guest guest

Thanks for the tip about antihistamines. Strangely yesterday at the

doctors I did not culture for yeast or anything else, for the first

time in 9 months! They said it all looked normal, plenty of

lactobacilli. But I still have itching and burning and a heavy white

discharge so maybe I DO have cytolytic vaginosis now. When I told the

doctor I was still itching and burning she told me that was just part

of vestibulitis, maybe she was talking about the inflammation sticking

around.

Ih

>

> I'm so sorry Lulu, but please hang in there...don't give up, there

has to be an answer. Have you tried antihistamines? They are so good

for inflammation...by calming down all the mast cell production! That

right there might at least give you a break from feeling so much pain

associated with the infections. After seven years of constant pain an

antihistamine was the first med that ever helped me.

>

> Antihistamines can also help with nausea. I'm not sure if they all

do, but maybe you could research that and see.

>

> I was just wondering if you actually always culture for yeast....

because Dee has pointed out that sometimes the inflammation still

hangs around even 'after' an infection has cleared -- and it still

'feels' like it's there.

>

> Take Care,

> Chelle

Guest guest

HI Lulubuns

Have you ever consider that you might have LS or LP? (lichen sclerosis or lichen planus)... because 'itch' is one of the major signs of that (tho not everyone itches but it is quite common)... Just a thought. And... with LP there is a copious discharge as well since that can go intravaginal, whereas LS is external on the vulva and anal area.

Dee

Guest guest

One way or the other, Lulu, you'll get there. Just keep hanging tight and reminding yourself you will get better. Have you ever tried antihistamines? If not, they truly might give you at least a little break until you can decide which direction to go. Take Care,Chellelulubuns wrote: Thanks for the tip about antihistamines. Strangely yesterday at thedoctors I did not culture for yeast or anything else, for the firsttime in 9 months! They said it all looked normal, plenty oflactobacilli. But I still have itching and burning and a heavy whitedischarge so maybe I DO have cytolytic vaginosis now. When I told thedoctor I was still itching and burning she told me that was just partof vestibulitis, maybe she was talking about the inflammation

stickingaround.