I have taken prednisone for 8 days now, and my skin looks much better

and I am not in as much pain. The redness and inflammation has gone

down quite a bit. My doctor wants me to do one more 9 day stretch and

then reevaluate. I don't know if this will get the condition under

control or not. I guess that remains to be seen after I quit taking

the prednisone. I did want to put this out though because I know there

were a couple of other people who mentioned, like me, that they didn't

seem to be able to put any topical creams on their skin. I don't know

if will work for anyone else, but it has improved things for me.

Also, Dee, I wanted to let you know that I called my doctor about the

estradiol. She said she would prescribe it and thinks it is a good

idea, but she wants to wait until I am done with the prednisone. She

doesn't want to do two things at one time. That way we will know what

is working and what is not. Sounded logical to me, but I am anxious to

start it. Although she did say that at some point this was something

she would start me on anyway because it will improve the condition of

the skin like you had mentioned. Thanks again for your help. Judy

Guest guest

That is fantastic, Judy. So glad to hear you are improving and I hope it only continues to get better. I hope you will be able to tolerate the estrogen cream....Keep us posted....~Chellejselbridge wrote: I have taken prednisone for 8 days now, and my skin looks much better and I am not in as much pain. The redness and inflammation has gone down quite a bit. My doctor wants me to do one more 9 day stretch and then reevaluate. I don't know if this will get the condition under control or not. I guess that remains to be seen after I quit taking the prednisone. I did want to put this out though because I know there were a couple of other people who mentioned, like me, that they didn't seem to be able to put any topical creams on their skin. I don't know if

will work for anyone else, but it has improved things for me. Also, Dee, I wanted to let you know that I called my doctor about the estradiol. She said she would prescribe it and thinks it is a good idea, but she wants to wait until I am done with the prednisone. She doesn't want to do two things at one time. That way we will know what is working and what is not. Sounded logical to me, but I am anxious to start it. Although she did say that at some point this was something she would start me on anyway because it will improve the condition of the skin like you had mentioned. Thanks again for your help. Judy

Guest guest

Good luck Judy... with the prednisone and I'm so glad it's helping you hon... It's not a drug that 'I' would want to be on long term but it sure can help to reduce those symptoms and glad to hear it's doing that for you.

Glad you have a knowledgeable doctor too *grin* and is going to give you the E cream hon even if down the road. There is nothing better 'to me' than the E for tissue restoration, it truly is what the skin (in fact all of our skin) thrives on, but I can't blame her for wanting to do one thing at a time and see how it goes. ;)

Hopefully by getting rid of the inflammation etc with the steroid, the hope is your own body will then produce enough E to bring things back to normal. But if it doesn't, that is when adding it (just that small dab topically) can surely help give back that elasticity, tone and more without having it go systemic. In my opinion anyway. *grin*.

Hugs hon and good luck

Dee