RemedySpot.com

Emla Cream - read if you have vaginal pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just wanted to tell everyone that I got the Emla Cream (made

by AstraZeneca) that I sent away for to Canada and paid $36.00 for. I later

found out that I could have gotten a prescription for it and pay $10 co-pay at

my local pharmacy. Anyway it is made of 25mg of Lidocaine and 25mg of Prilocaine

mixed with hydrated castor oil and sodium hydroxide. This product is sold over

the counter in Canada, England and other European countries. The box it was

packaged in was really strange as the writing was Arabic and it said it was

made it Israel. The tube itself was written in English and said it was made by AstraZeneca

on the front but on the back where it listed the ingredients it said it was made

by AstraZeneca, Sweden. AstraZeneca is an American manufacturer also, which is

where the American product is made. Drug companies have manufacturing plants

all over the world.

Anyway, what I like the most about the cream is that it is very

thin consistency. You just put your finger on the top of the tube and you get

enough to spread all over the genital area. I usually have to put my finger on

the top about three times because my pain is to touch and that covers the whole

area including the part with hair. The Lidocaine gel I had before was very

thick and you had to use a lot of it to cover. The Emla cream is much better –

I can see that this tube will last a long time, because you barely use

anything. When you first put it on, it burns for about a minute then goes away.

It helps with the pain almost completely and lasts for about six hours. So if

you have really excessive bad pain in the vaginal, perineum area, this gel will

really help you. If you don’t have a doctor to get a prescription, then

pay the money to get it from Canada – it is well worth it.

nne

Guest guest

nne,Is that the complete ingredient listing you gave? Are there really nopreservative/inert ingredients in addition?HollisI just wanted to tell everyone that I got the Emla Cream (made by AstraZeneca) that I sent away for to Canada and paid $36.00 for. I later found out that I could have gotten a prescription for it and pay $10 co-pay at my local pharmacy. Anyway it is made of 25mg of Lidocaine and 25mg of Prilocaine mixed with hydrated castor oil and sodium hydroxide. This product is sold over the counter in Canada, England and other European countries. The box it was packaged in was really strange as the writing was Arabic and it said it was made it Israel. The tube itself was written in English and said it was made by AstraZeneca on the front but on the back where it listed the ingredients it said it was made by AstraZeneca, Sweden. AstraZeneca is an American manufacturer also, which is where the American product is made. Drug companies have manufacturing plants all over the world. Anyway, what I like the most about the cream is that it is very thin consistency. You just put your finger on the top of the tube and you get enough to spread all over the genital area. I usually have to put my finger on the top about three times because my pain is to touch and that covers the whole area including the part with hair. The Lidocaine gel I had before was very thick and you had to use a lot of it to cover. The Emla cream is much better – I can see that this tube will last a long time, because you barely use anything. When you first put it on, it burns for about a minute then goes away. It helps with the pain almost completely and lasts for about six hours. So if you have really excessive bad pain in the vaginal, perineum area, this gel will really help you. If you don’t have a doctor to get a prescription, then pay the money to get it from Canada – it is well worth it. nne

Guest guest

Hi nne,What kinds of pain does this cream help with (burning, stinging, etc)? Does it help with nerve pain, irritation, etc?Thanks, and very glad it is helping you!!!!To: VulvarDisorders From: hgz@...Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:31:47 -0500Subject: RE: Emla Cream - read if you have vaginal pain

nne,Is that the complete ingredient listing you gave? Are there really nopreservative/inert ingredients in addition?HollisI just wanted to tell everyone that I got the Emla Cream (made by AstraZeneca) that I sent away for to Canada and paid $36.00 for. I later found out that I could have gotten a prescription for it and pay $10 co-pay at my local pharmacy. Anyway it is made of 25mg of Lidocaine and 25mg of Prilocaine mixed with hydrated castor oil and sodium hydroxide. This product is sold over the counter in Canada, England and other European countries. The box it was packaged in was really strange as the writing was Arabic and it said it was made it Israel. The tube itself was written in English and said it was made by AstraZeneca on the front but on the back where it listed the ingredients it said it was made by AstraZeneca, Sweden. AstraZeneca is an American manufacturer also, which is where the American product is made. Drug companies have manufacturing plants all over the world. Anyway, what I like the most about the cream is that it is very thin consistency. You just put your finger on the top of the tube and you get enough to spread all over the genital area. I usually have to put my finger on the top about three times because my pain is to touch and that covers the whole area including the part with hair. The Lidocaine gel I had before was very thick and you had to use a lot of it to cover. The Emla cream is much better – I can see that this tube will last a long time, because you barely use anything. When you first put it on, it burns for about a minute then goes away. It helps with the pain almost completely and lasts for about six hours. So if you have really excessive bad pain in the vaginal, perineum area, this gel will really help you. If you don’t have a doctor to get a prescription, then pay the money to get it from Canada – it is well worth it. nne

Enjoy 5 GB of free, password-protected online storage. Get Windows Live SkyDrive.