RemedySpot.com

Stanford doctor was no help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I got my family doc to give me the estrace. I typed up what my history was and told her how desparate I was. I got testosterone cream and estrace from her. I also brought in medical articles I printed off the internet that discussed how estrace and testosterone can help your skin.

BlueeberriVote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Guest guest

She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain I

have in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogen

cream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how I

am supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and things

when I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feel

completely hopeless.

Guest guest

Thats exactly what I said she was going to do was refer you to physical therapy (PT Fraser). I can relate to what your going through because I felt the same way completely HOPELESS. You have to keep pushing on until what you want happens. For example, I wanted a script for estrogen cream and the first couple doctors wouldn't do it, so finally my third OBGYN wrote the script. I don't know if its because she agreed it could help the vulvar skin or she wanted to get rid of me. Either way I accomplished what I set out to do which made me stoked. It may seem so minor to people who don't have this condition, but for people like us who do, it means everything. By the way how old are you if I may ask? Were you ever on the birth control pill, if so how long? How do you think your onset of pain began?

She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain I

have in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogen

cream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how I

am supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and things

when I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feel

completely hopeless.

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, more!

Guest guest

Aren't you in San Francisco? Why don't you go to pelvic pain rehab. Your tissue could be painful because the muscles are in spasm which pisses off the nerves. A good PT will likely be able to do internal work on you and help you. It is a shame to be in SF and not go to see the best in the country.

She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain Ihave in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogencream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how Iam supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and thingswhen I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feelcompletely hopeless.

Guest guest

Premarin cream is NOT bioidentical, it is not the same. I know DEE can elaborate on this.

Try going to your family doctor and asking them for it. Bring articles in...and have you had your hormones tested? I was actually low testosterone. Not estrogen.

BlueeberriVote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Guest guest

I made an appointment with Fraser but she's booked up till the

end of August. She sounded very nice on the phone and it is much less

expensive than the pelvic rehab in SF (and closer too, I'm in the

south bay). I'll give it a try and hopefully it won't be too painful.

Has physical therapy helped you a lot?

I'm 28 and have never been on birth control. I think there were lots

of causes for my pain-months of infections and reactions to topical

meds. Dr. Brodzinsky thinks I have always had tight muscles, even

though I had years of pain free sex. But I think the muscle tension is

a reaction to the vestibulitis pain and not the other way around.

>

> Thats exactly what I said she was going to do was refer you to

physical therapy (PT Fraser). I can relate to what your going

through because I felt the same way completely HOPELESS. You have to

keep pushing on until what you want happens. For example, I wanted a

script for estrogen cream and the first couple doctors wouldn't do it,

so finally my third OBGYN wrote the script. I don't know if its

because she agreed it could help the vulvar skin or she wanted to get

rid of me. Either way?I accomplished what I set out to do which made

me stoked. It may seem so minor to people who don't have this

condition, but for people like us who do, it means everything. By the

way how old are you if I may ask? Were you ever on the birth control

pill, if so how long? How do you think your onset of pain began?

>

> **

>

>

> Stanford doctor was no help

>

>

>

>

>

>

> She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain I

> have in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogen

> cream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how I

> am supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and things

> when I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feel

> completely hopeless.

>

Guest guest

Lulu,Don't give up! I know it's a pain trying to find a doc to prescribe the Estrace topically, but keep trying! Maybe you could email and ask her who prescribed it for her. I printed out info from our group, I had personal emails, I took articles and even a Hormone Book with me to my visits with my uro/gyn. I just wouldn't take no for an answer. I wasn't rude, but I kept pushing..and he ended up prescribing the Estrace and other things I wanted to try. Also, Lindsey listed a Doc named Goodman in our Database (on the homepage) and it sounds like he understands about vulvar pain -- check and see if he is anywhere near you. Take Care,Chellelulubuns wrote: She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain Ihave

in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogencream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how Iam supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and thingswhen I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feelcompletely hopeless. ------------------------------------**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, Thanks for your cooperation! *****

Guest guest

Yes I've decided to make an appointment with Dr. Goodman, he is a two

hour drive from here. My mom did get some Premarin cream and is going

to mail it to me, but I have no idea if it works the same as Estrace?

>

> Lulu,

>

> Don't give up! I know it's a pain trying to find a doc to prescribe

the Estrace topically, but keep trying! Maybe you could email

and ask her who prescribed it for her. I printed out info

from our group, I had personal emails, I took articles and even a

Hormone Book with me to my visits with my uro/gyn. I just wouldn't

take no for an answer. I wasn't rude, but I kept pushing..and he

ended up prescribing the Estrace and other things I wanted to try.

>

> Also, Lindsey listed a Doc named Goodman in our Database (on the

homepage) and it sounds like he understands about vulvar pain --

check and see if he is anywhere near you.

>

> Take Care,

> Chelle

>

Guest guest

LULU

If you can get the Premarin then heck yes go for it. It should help.. it's not the same bio identical estrogen we produce like the estradiol is (that's what's in Estrace) but if that's all you can get, you betcha hon, it should help.

Good luck and hope your mom sends it soon.

Dee

Guest guest

You're so right Blueeberri,:)

But there are those in other countries who can't get the estradiol or the Estrace and so they'll use the Premarin (which is available) and it's not one I like either believe me but if that's all you can get, I'd use it. :) It's still better than nothing.

One other thought too is to ask a doctor for samples of Estrace if they're just so reluctant to give it to you. They may figure you can't do much damage that way since they're so small. Mine used to give me those by the half dozen or so. (no more since I have insurance now *Boooo* ..) and to make sure to stress upon a physician that it's for TOPICAL use with the barest minimum peasize dab.. even if you say you're only going to use it at most twice a week just to get it.

It's SO frustrating knowing what can help and why they're just so resistant infuriates me. *Sigh* The other thing too might be to say. "Ok, I've tried it your way (or will) and if it's not working then can I try it? I know I certainly had to beg, cry and was willing to steal it too, to do anything to get it.

Dee

Re: Stanford doctor was no help

Premarin cream is NOT bioidentical, it is not the same. I know DEE can elaborate on this.

Try going to your family doctor and asking them for it. Bring articles in...and have you had your hormones tested? I was actually low testosterone. Not estrogen.

Blueeberri

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.

Guest guest

physical therapy got me well. But I went to five before flying to San Francisco. There was truly no comparison. I wouldn't wait until the end of August. I think you'll need to go to stephanie or liz eventually anyway, just so you know what excellent PT is. Otherwise, how will you know?

Stanford doctor was no help> > > > > > > She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain I> have in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogen> cream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how I> am supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and things> when I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feel> completely hopeless.>

Guest guest

Yes, Fraser is very nice, she's just not helpful if one is trying to go through their insurance company, which I'm still trying to get all squared away. I have an appt. on July 1st and the next appt. is on August 6th., I schedule future appt's that way I don't have to wait longer than one month to see her. My advice to you is after your appt., if you decide you want her to treat you, then to schedule your appt's in advance. So far I've seen her three times and its really to soon to tell if I've made progress yet. It's also very important to do self PT at home everyday and she'll show you exercises to do everyday as well. I've been slacking on self PT because I had a nasty yeast infection last week. I too last year had several vaginal infections, treated by anti-fungal creams and numerous diflucan pills. I agree with you, I think that I had allergic reactions to the anti-fungal creams and all the antibiotics I was taking made matters worse.

The gals is S.F. are the best in the nation, although the first visit is $260 and $200 every appt. after that. Thats why I decided to give a shot, plus her mentor is Rhonda K. in Chicago so that put me at ease.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> She referred me to physical therapy but ignored the extreme pain I

> have in the tissue. I know I need some help with the tissue, estrogen

> cream or something but she wouldn't give it to me. I don't know how I

> am supposed to do physical therapy where they insert probes and things

> when I am in too much pain to insert anything. Sigh. Once again I feel

> completely hopeless.

>

Guest guest

How many times did you go to physical therapy there- did you just go a

few times and learn how to do the techniques yourself at home, or did

you have to keep going a regular basis? (I am on disabilty and only

have enough $ for groceries so I would need to borrow money for any

physical therapy I do.)

>

> physical therapy got me well. But I went to five before flying to

San Francisco. There was truly no comparison. I wouldn't wait until

the end of August. I think you'll need to go to stephanie or liz

eventually anyway, just so you know what excellent PT is. Otherwise,

how will you know?

Guest guest

I went four times and did the rest at home myself and with the help of my husband.

Re: Stanford doctor was no help

How many times did you go to physical therapy there- did you just go afew times and learn how to do the techniques yourself at home, or didyou have to keep going a regular basis? (I am on disabilty and onlyhave enough $ for groceries so I would need to borrow money for anyphysical therapy I do.) >> physical therapy got me well. But I went to five before flying toSan Francisco. There was truly no comparison. I wouldn't wait untilthe end of August. I think you'll need to go to stephanie or lizeventually anyway, just so you know what excellent PT is. Otherwise,how will you know?