RemedySpot.com

Re: The Many Faces of Vulvodynia (Lindsey)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Lindsey, that's a very good idea! Hopefully, the doctor will learn something! Maybe you should 'bill' her for 'your' time! *grin* I hear your frustration, though. *ugh*I don't understood why the medical community would make such a statement like "white career woman's disease". For instance:1). The US population has more white people than any other Ethnicity. So, it stands to reason that the overall number of patients with Endo or Vulvar pain would 'probably' be white, but how does that automatically exclude other ethnicities? 2). Many women have been in the work force for the last 30 + yrs. Women of all ethnicities and backgrounds work outside the home -- 'but' how does that factor into 'who' will get these conditions? I was a teenager when I developed Endo!!!! I was just barely 20 when I developed Vulvodynia. 3). If you do work outside the home, that provides more opportunities for

Insurance. I would think that women with health Insurance would be more likely to visit doctors then those without. It sure was a factor for me years ago. I went without health coverage from the ages of 18 - 21, and during that I time, I barely went to the doctor for anything! I realize that 'certain' kinds of illness can be more prevalent among a particular ethnicity, but that statement, "white career woman's disease" just doesn't cut it for me! Anyway, I'm glad the NVA put that info together. Just my .02 worth! ;-) Take Care,Chellehttp://orwh.od.nih.gov/health/The%20Many%20Faces%20of%20Vulvodynia_NVA.pdfLindsey wrote: I'm going to print this out and send this to the incredibly unsensitive, ignorant, and unprofessional doc that told me my pain was in my head and that, like endometriosis (!), this was a "white career woman's disease. You need to relax more." Feh.Lindsey