RemedySpot.com

Re: Dee/Hollis/Emla Cream (No mammogram)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dee – did I read that you won’t get a Mamogram?

nne

Yes... it's true and I've never have had one.

Not suggesting not to for anyone else, to each their own, just my personal beliefs with technical books (and by radiologists) and too many articles and studies I've read as to why not. (Nothing to do with the pain or pressing like in a vice.. ) but the radiation exposure. Regardless of how little "they' say it is... It can take just one little errant cancer cell which we all carry all the time (the potential) but our immune systems keep it under control, but bombard it with radiation and it explodes? I don't think so.

I feel the same way about 'any' unnecessary exposure to radiation.. including those full body ones going around the country in trucks, or lung or dental X rays unless absolutely necessary. Give me an MRI anytime I've no problem with that and besides it's far more detailed.

But for those MRI's you've got to fight tooth and nail as they always want the Xrays 'first' to prove you need more (of course the MRI's are more expensive) and insurance will always take the cheapest route. I read far too much. *grin* and like I said I'd never tell anyone else yay or nay..it's just 'my' viewpoint and I rarely mention it as it goes against 'main stream' thinking. (Though I've seen they've certainly raise the suggested age as to when to have a mammy. *thank goodness*)

I also remember those machines when we were kids and had our feet X rayed at the shoe store to see how our toes fit in the shoes, and how harmless those were supposed to be and the feet deformaties some got from those. (though they were extremely high in radiation I realize that).. I'd just rather be cautious about it, unless it's absolutely necessary.

Hugs honDee