RemedySpot.com

Re: Ora/Chronic Pain Meds Unlikely to Cause Addiction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yes, I did get a " high " with the first pill I took. But as I continued taking

it the highs went away. If I had increased my dosage maybe the highs would have

returned.

The " high " had the same effect as a couple of martinis. Made me very happy. Of

course I was happy anyhow because the pain which I had had for several days was

suddenly gone. They finally found the cracked rib after three x-rays.

I had demerol once after a surgery and it made me very nauseous so I refused to

have any more.

Ora

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:09:53 -0400, " millburytimes " millburytimes@...>

wrote:

>Ora, you must have gotten a " high " from the medication. That is exactly what

>happens when you become addicted. Most people just get pain relief and

>nothing else. I have never gotten a " high " , so I don't know what it feels

>like. They either work for my pain or give me awful side effects, nausea,

>sleepiness, etc.

>

>

>

>nne

Guest guest

In my experience taking Percocet i got that " high " the first time i took it -- and since in the beginning i was only taking it very intermittently, it's hard for me to believe that i was instantlyaddicted. The rather out-of-it, somewhat euphoric, i don't carry feelings and the pain reliefwent together. As did the depressive, drugged and lethargic feelings that would last wellinto the afternoon of the next day.HollisOra, you must have gotten a “high†from the medication. That is exactly what happens when you become addicted. Most people just get pain relief and nothing else. I have never gotten a “highâ€, so I don’t know what it feels like. They either work for my pain or give me awful side effects, nausea, sleepiness, etc. nne From: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:VulvarDisor ders@yahoogroups .com] On Behalf Of taurusrc (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:09 AM To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. com Subject: Re: Chronic Pain Meds Unlikely to Cause Addiction I am sure that is true. However pain meds which subdue the pain can create a feeling of euphoria, at least at first. Possibly the amount of the drug to create euphoria is higher than that to prevent the pain so those who might become addicted are likely to take more of the drug than they actually need for pain. I once had a cough which lasted for months and the doctors could do nothing for me (it was allergy related). Then I cracked a rib from the severe coughing. They gave me tylenol with codeine which not only stopped the pain from the cracked rib, it also stopped the coughing. I never took more than the amount prescribed. It did give me a feeling of euphoria and made me a bit sleepy. I recall that I did a lot of laughing when I first started taking it. I did not like the effects and took as little as possible to control my pain. But if I had enjoyed the euphoria I would have probably taken more than I needed for the pain. If someone becomes addicted to narcotic meds which are prescribed for pain they most likely take more than they actually need for pain management. Ora On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:54:16 -0400, " millburytimes " < millburytimes@ verizon.net> wrote: >I thought this was very interesting information - nne > > > >Chronic Pain Meds Unlikely to Cause Addiction >