RemedySpot.com

Re: Can we use Lidocaine everytime? To Chelle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chelle,

Thank you! What are your symptoms? Do you have the burning all the

time or only during sex? I usually have it all the time, but it is

way worse during sex and I feel like I am on fire.

My doctor gave me the Estrace. But, I have been scared to use it

because I have heard it thins the skin. Is this true? How long have

you been using and how often?

Thank you,

> Hey there.

>

> I am wondering if it is ok to use Lidocaine gel everytime I have

sex? I

> don't use it any other time- only for intercourse. Using the

lidocaine

> is the only way that I am able to bear it because of the burning. I

> guess my question is concerning whether it would be over using it

and

> that would eventually cause it to not work. Because I have to have

a

> few days to recover, sex would only be around once a week.

>

> Sorry if I am giving to much info.

>

> Thank you,

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST,

> Thanks for your cooperation! **

>

> ***

Guest guest

,Until I began using the Estrace topically I dealt with constant pain (in the vestibule) for many years. The first thing that gave me any relief at all was antihistamines (taken orally). The Estrace, though, has worked wonders! In April, after 16 yrs of vulvar pain, I was finally diagnosed with a localized area of vestibulitis/vestibulodynia. That one area is my main problem...but it doesn't cause pain constantly 'anymore'. Estrace will not cause the skin to thin, actually the opposite is true. It helps to rebuild the tissue, making it more elastic (or helping it to stretch) -- it can also heal the skin nicely. For example, I had tiny little tears when I began using it at age 32. It healed those them, and I've not had any since! The birth control pill caused my skin to thin and dried the tissues really badly. My skin looks and feels so much better now. It just depends on

what is the main cause of your vulvar pain. Estradiol (the main ingredient in Estrace) can be compounded in a soothing base. The inert ingredients in Estrace 'may' cause a problem for some. I've not had any trouble with the it, though. Steroid creams are the ones you have to be careful with, they can indeed 'thin' the skin, but again, Estrogen will not thin the skin but will actually thicken it and build it back up. I'll send in some info for you! Hope this helps...Chellejmd0917 wrote: Chelle,Thank you! What are your symptoms? Do you have the burning all the time or only during sex? I usually have it all the time, but it is way worse during sex and I feel like I am on fire. My doctor gave me the Estrace. But, I have

been scared to use it because I have heard it thins the skin. Is this true? How long have you been using and how often?Thank you,> Hey there.> > I am wondering if it is ok to use Lidocaine gel everytime I have sex? I > don't use it any other time- only for intercourse. Using the lidocaine > is the only way that I am able to bear it because of the burning. I > guess my question is concerning whether it would be over using it and > that would eventually cause it to not work. Because I have to have a > few days to recover, sex would only be around once a week. > > Sorry if I am giving to much info.> > Thank you,> > > > > ------------------------------------> > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! **> > ***