RemedySpot.com

Dee & Eyeball update. *grin*

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI all... an update on the ol' eyeball.. :)

The left cataract eye surgery is a fantastic success ...*big smile* and still seems like a miracle with what I 'wasn't' seeing. WOW.... esp. the brilliant colors, I had NO IDEA of how bad that was, but the problems is I can't see out of the other one yet and they won't let me wear my reg contact lens in it with the upcoming surgery for that one. (July 17th) I was hoping and praying I could but they said 'NO'..... so here I am still extremely frustrated and feeling like a drunken sailor, 'STILL" LOL

My depth perception is off, steps are bizarre, I still bang into doorways, etc., because it's like one view is now crystal clear and sharp to where I can see the veins on leaves in a tree, (but not good for near or reading vision yet) that will come as the eye is still dilated with meds somewhat... and then try laying a funhouse mirror that's all distorted over it (with the other eye so bad)... so it's clear 'and' fuzzy or all blurred at the same time. I keep winking back and forth... one clear and one a total mess. *sigh* but with both eyes open it's really screwed up. :)

My poor brain is all confused. (Well, more than usual LOL) No pain at all in the eye, but I get a good sized headache daily and I rarely get those, if once a year. ('Aleve' generally helps) I know it's from the stress and strain of 'trying' to see through this fog, plus I'm feeling really 'grouchy' LOL and that is definitely not me.. ;)

One benefit though... is I'm finally getting enough sleep, for those who know me, my usual routine was 4 or 5 am (or later) in trying to keep up with all the mail and since I can't see well or read the mail much I've been hitting bedtime around 11 or so and getting my 8 or 9 hrs of peeper rest. *grin*... (feels weird but good) *chuckle* Jack laughs and says he can't believe his wife is finally going to bed with him... haha

I can't wash my hair, definitely no make up, (YOY, what a mess I am) or lift anything heavy, run the sweeper, or have sex either, *wink*.. no bending over allowed, and Jack's chomping at the gate, LOL and so now I've got 2 1/2 more weeks of this dumb blonde dizziness to wait it out for the 2nd surgery. It's really hard to see the computer or read as well and I was hoping I could get back to the group much sooner but sure doesn't look like it for a while, at least till after the 2nd surgery. *sigh*

Which reminds me if you've written me privately I do apologize from the bottom of my heart that I haven't gotten back as it's just too hard right now and I hope you understand and I am still on 'no mail' for the group mail but I know you're in good hands. :)

So that's where that is for now but know I'm thinking of all of you and once again appreciate all the more than generous help from our moderators and so many of our other members all helping our newer ones. Bless ya all and keep the faith, there is hope & help indeed out here. :)

Take care,

Love and miss you all

Dee ~