Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

So I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. ...I am 32 weeks

along. She asked me why I'm still using estradiol. I said that the

other docs said it was safe and that when I tried to stop, my skin got

very tight and uncomfortable. She looked at me very patronizingly and

said that if I'm pregnant, I have all the estrogen I need - clearly

not understanding the difference between systemic and topical. Whatever.

She wants me back on steroids - I reminded her that I've tried five

and none have worked. She said she would be willing to try atopiclair

once I'm done breastfeeding (which will be a while, but it's

something). She also is willing to let me try topical B12. She says I

look like I'm in a flare but I'm not uncomfortable so we're holding

off on meds other than the B12 until after baby comes.

Just wanted to give an update. I am seriously considering pursuing

classical homeopathy at this point, as I am tired of suggestions that

only suppress symptoms, and can't do much of what is suggested while

pregnant/breastfeeding anyway.

Melinda

Guest guest

Melinda,

My Dr's were against the topical estradiol too while pregnant. I have been using Crisco for comfort. It helps soothe the skin. If you look at the ingrediants in it..there are different types of oils for the skin. So far it has worked for me. Every once in awhile I use A & D but that is it.

Watch the steroids tho if you can. Depending on which one you use...some could cause a hairlip (cleft lip). You may be far along since the lips are already formed. Im not sure of any other affects on a baby.

By the way, I found out I am having another girl! I am almost 23 weeks. Thought I would share.

Best to you!

Debbie

Subject: My appointment with Dr. To: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 11:50 AM

So I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. ...I am 32 weeksalong. She asked me why I'm still using estradiol. I said that theother docs said it was safe and that when I tried to stop, my skin gotvery tight and uncomfortable. She looked at me very patronizingly andsaid that if I'm pregnant, I have all the estrogen I need - clearlynot understanding the difference between systemic and topical. Whatever.She wants me back on steroids - I reminded her that I've tried fiveand none have worked. She said she would be willing to try atopiclaironce I'm done breastfeeding (which will be a while, but it'ssomething). She also is willing to let me try topical B12. She says Ilook like I'm in a flare but I'm not uncomfortable so we're holdingoff on meds other than the B12 until after baby comes. Just wanted to give an update. I am seriously considering pursuingclassical homeopathy at this point, as

I am tired of suggestions thatonly suppress symptoms, and can't do much of what is suggested whilepregnant/breastfeed ing anyway.Melinda

Guest guest

melinda,when i saw your subject line, i thought to myself, " ok, what did she say/do THIS time? " and she certainly didn't disappoint. geez! all i can say, to paraphrase t.s. eliot, is thatbetween writing the book and being decent doctor in person. . . falls. . . the Shadow -- the Dr. shadow! you know, after my initial euphoria when i first read herbook, when i went back later (and with much more knowledge ) to try to get specific info about c. Krusei treatment, it really struck me how mainstream and, in many ways,closed minded she is in her approach to things. but not even being clear about topicalv. systemic estradiol -- very sad. or, as you put it, whatever. . . .hope your pregnancy is going well. been sending positive thoughts your way. hollis So I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. ...I am 32 weeks along. She asked me why I'm still using estradiol. I said that the other docs said it was safe and that when I tried to stop, my skin got very tight and uncomfortable. She looked at me very patronizingly and said that if I'm pregnant, I have all the estrogen I need - clearly not understanding the difference between systemic and topical. Whatever. She wants me back on steroids - I reminded her that I've tried five and none have worked. She said she would be willing to try atopiclair once I'm done breastfeeding (which will be a while, but it's something). She also is willing to let me try topical B12. She says I look like I'm in a flare but I'm not uncomfortable so we're holding off on meds other than the B12 until after baby comes. Just wanted to give an update. I am seriously considering pursuing classical homeopathy at this point, as I am tired of suggestions that only suppress symptoms, and can't do much of what is suggested while pregnant/breastfeed ing anyway. Melinda

Guest guest

oh, forgot to add that i just started working again with a classical homeopathwho just dropped off my first remedy for me. i'll keep you posted on how itgoes. she's working with a new paradigm in homeopathic theory -- sensationmethod -- which is a new thing since i last worked with her 6 years ago and isquite excited by the results she's getting. just realized something: she (my homeopath) is now teaching/studying withsomeone in Boston. in fact she just got back from a week of teaching. if you'reinterested, i could give you her name/the name of the group she works with.it would be funny if it's someone you're thinking of seeing!hollisSo I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. ...I am 32 weeks along. She asked me why I'm still using estradiol. I said that the other docs said it was safe and that when I tried to stop, my skin got very tight and uncomfortable. She looked at me very patronizingly and said that if I'm pregnant, I have all the estrogen I need - clearly not understanding the difference between systemic and topical. Whatever. She wants me back on steroids - I reminded her that I've tried five and none have worked. She said she would be willing to try atopiclair once I'm done breastfeeding (which will be a while, but it's something). She also is willing to let me try topical B12. She says I look like I'm in a flare but I'm not uncomfortable so we're holding off on meds other than the B12 until after baby comes. Just wanted to give an update. I am seriously considering pursuing classical homeopathy at this point, as I am tired of suggestions that only suppress symptoms, and can't do much of what is suggested while pregnant/breastfeed ing anyway. Melinda

Guest guest

I've heard from docs that topical estrace is ok during pregnancy. In fact, the doc said it was like "pissing in the ocean" and didn't have an effect on the fetus. To me, it will be a personal choice. With all of the hormones in meat and dairy, i wonder how topical estrace would be any different?

Lindsey

Guest guest

I definitely would be interested …

nne

VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ] On

Behalf Of hgz

Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:33 PM

To: VulvarDisorders

Subject: RE: My appointment with Dr.

oh, forgot to add that i just started working again with a

classical homeopath

who just dropped off my first remedy for me. i'll keep you

posted on how it

goes. she's working with a new paradigm in homeopathic

theory -- sensation

method -- which is a new thing since i last worked with her 6

years ago and is

quite excited by the results she's getting.

just realized something: she (my homeopath) is now

teaching/studying with

someone in Boston. in fact she just got back from a week of

teaching. if you're

interested, i could give you her name/the name of the group she

works with.

it would be funny if it's someone you're thinking of seeing!

hollis

So

I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. ...I am 32 weeks

along.

She asked me why I'm still using estradiol. I said that the

other

docs said it was safe and that when I tried to stop, my skin got

very

tight and uncomfortable. She looked at me very patronizingly and

said

that if I'm pregnant, I have all the estrogen I need - clearly

not

understanding the difference between systemic and topical. Whatever.

She

wants me back on steroids - I reminded her that I've tried five

and

none have worked. She said she would be willing to try atopiclair

once

I'm done breastfeeding (which will be a while, but it's

something).

She also is willing to let me try topical B12. She says I

look

like I'm in a flare but I'm not uncomfortable so we're holding

off

on meds other than the B12 until after baby comes.

Just

wanted to give an update. I am seriously considering pursuing

classical

homeopathy at this point, as I am tired of suggestions that

only

suppress symptoms, and can't do much of what is suggested while

pregnant/breastfeed

ing anyway.

Melinda