RemedySpot.com

Re: My appointment with Dr. - Melinda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Melinda,I cannot believe you are already 32 weeks along. My goodness -- he'll be here before you know it. ;-) I don't get why Dr. made it sound like you have all the estrogen you need just because you are pregnant. Yes, you have high levels of estrogen when you are pregnant, but not high levels of Estradiol! I believe it's Estriol (a much weaker estrogen, that is dominant in pregnancy). My vulvar pain didn't improve with either pregnancy. Now if I would have had the option of using Estradiol topically, I might have actually done pretty well -- but the high levels of Estriol did nothing to help my vulvar skin. You're right, Melinda, not only does Dr. S not know the difference between topical vs. systemic estrogen, she doesn't even realize that Estradiol cream locks in with the ESTRADIOL receptors in the vulvar skin.... and that is why you've been using it...SAD!!!It never

ceases to amaze me at how little most docs know about female hormones. *sigh*Hang in there, Melinda. Keep us posted on how you are doing! I'll be praying for you that things will go well with the delivery and the LP. Big Hugs, Chellespanishmiss430 wrote: So I had an appointment yesterday with Dr. ...I am 32 weeksalong. She asked me why I'm still using estradiol. I said that theother docs said it was safe and that when I tried to stop, my skin gotvery tight and uncomfortable. She looked at me very patronizingly andsaid that if I'm pregnant, I have all the estrogen I need - clearlynot understanding the difference between systemic and topical. Whatever.She wants me back on steroids - I reminded her that I've tried fiveand none

have worked. She said she would be willing to try atopiclaironce I'm done breastfeeding (which will be a while, but it'ssomething). She also is willing to let me try topical B12. She says Ilook like I'm in a flare but I'm not uncomfortable so we're holdingoff on meds other than the B12 until after baby comes. Just wanted to give an update. I am seriously considering pursuingclassical homeopathy at this point, as I am tired of suggestions thatonly suppress symptoms, and can't do much of what is suggested whilepregnant/breastfeeding anyway.Melinda