RemedySpot.com

itching and burning...infection or more?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i've been on this group for a while for the clitoral pain that i've had.

however, now i'm

experiencing something that i thought had gone away for good a few years ago.

before

my clitoral pain started i had vaginal itching that i and my doctors thought was

yeast and i

kept using monistat and other stuff to get rid of it. nothing really worked and

then the

clitoral pain started 3 months into the itching. we started to focus on getting

rid of that

until one day my doctor had me try diflucan once a day for 4 or 5 days straight.

it seemed

like after that it finally went away for good, but the clitoral pain stayed- we

have no idea if

they are related or not.

last week i went swimming in a river and later that night i started getting this

burning

feeling right inside my vaginal opening. i thought it would go away as every

now and then

we all get funny feelings for whatever reason. as the week went on it came and

went and

changed back and forth from burning to itching. i never had the burning feeling

when i

had the previous itching problem so i was thinking this was something different.

i got one

of those vagisil screening kits and my ph was normal which meant most likely not

bv or

trich, but possibly yeast. so, after much deliberation i decided to try a one

day monistat

ovule insert. i didn't want to use it because i am very hesitant to use

anything like that

topically now, but i also didn't want it to end up being a yeast infection and

get worse and

complicate things. i'm very concerned that it's not yeast but i have no idea

what it could

be. i've been under a ton of stress lately and have been extremely emotional,

as my

boyfriend and i broke up and i am going through the process of buying a condo.

it seems

odd that it's when all this stress/emotion and swimming took place that this is

happening.

i am petrified that it's going to be the same on-going thing that we can't get

rid of and

that it might turn into pain or further nerve issues, like the clitoral pain. i

discovered that

i can have sex without pain which made me extremely happy and made the clitoral

pain

much easier to deal with, and the last thing i want is for this to turn into

vaginal pain. i

plan on calling my regular gyn tomorrow to explain this to him and to ask for

diflucan, but

i'm sure he'll want me to come in and see him which just means taking more time

off work.

i'm really nervous and am not really sure what to think right now because if

it's not a

simple infection i have no idea what to do or try to prevent it from turning

into pain due to

messed up nerves.

Guest guest

I also starting experiencing intermittent vaginal burning after having IC and itching for years. I believe what has helped me the most with burning is Cymbalta. It takes a couple weeks to work.Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryDate: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 15:17:28 +0000To: <VulvarDisorders >Subject: itching and burning...infection or more? i've been on this group for a while for the clitoral pain that i've had. however, now i'm experiencing something that i thought had gone away for good a few years ago. before my clitoral pain started i had vaginal itching that i and my doctors thought was yeast and i kept using monistat and other stuff to get rid of it. nothing really worked and then the clitoral pain started 3 months into the itching. we started to focus on getting rid of that until one day my doctor had me try diflucan once a day for 4 or 5 days straight. it seemed like after that it finally went away for good, but the clitoral pain stayed- we have no idea if they are related or not. last week i went swimming in a river and later that night i started getting this burning feeling right inside my vaginal opening. i thought it would go away as every now and then we all get funny feelings for whatever reason. as the week went on it came and went and changed back and forth from burning to itching. i never had the burning feeling when i had the previous itching problem so i was thinking this was something different. i got one of those vagisil screening kits and my ph was normal which meant most likely not bv or trich, but possibly yeast. so, after much deliberation i decided to try a one day monistat ovule insert. i didn't want to use it because i am very hesitant to use anything like that topically now, but i also didn't want it to end up being a yeast infection and get worse and complicate things. i'm very concerned that it's not yeast but i have no idea what it could be. i've been under a ton of stress lately and have been extremely emotional, as my boyfriend and i broke up and i am going through the process of buying a condo. it seems odd that it's when all this stress/emotion and swimming took place that this is happening. i am petrified that it's going to be the same on-going thing that we can't get rid of and that it might turn into pain or further nerve issues, like the clitoral pain. i discovered that i can have sex without pain which made me extremely happy and made the clitoral pain much easier to deal with, and the last thing i want is for this to turn into vaginal pain. i plan on calling my regular gyn tomorrow to explain this to him and to ask for diflucan, but i'm sure he'll want me to come in and see him which just means taking more time off work. i'm really nervous and am not really sure what to think right now because if it's not a simple infection i have no idea what to do or try to prevent it from turning into pain due to messed up nerves.

Guest guest

Hey ,Sorry that you are having the itching and burning sensations, but getting this checked-out with a doc (to rule out/in infection) is a good idea. The appts get old, that is for sure. Sometimes the yeast strain can be one of the rarer ones. Dee recommends using the one day yeast med Vagistat. I agree. I used Monistat one time and it set me on fire. For whatever reason, several women have had problems with Monistat. You may not have, but the Vagistat is also good for tougher strains of yeast (if I remember correctly). You can also use boric acids capsules that you either make yourself, or buy pre-filled. I know it's so hard, but try your best to remain calm, and keep telling yourself this is just a flare-up and things will calm down! Sorry to hear that your relationship ended with your boyfriend...give yourself some time to 'adjust'. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

Take Care,ChellePS - Antihistamines are good to help with itching!