into the office and told me she knew right away what my problem

was...my medication was a hint (protonix). She asked if I was

subject to sinus issues, suffered from loose bowels. She said that

she has major success with women who have a Vitamin D deficiency and

a form of ciliac disease. The bowels, sinuses and labia are all

affected because they all have mucous membranes. I had some

bloodwork and see her in 10 days so she can regulate my diet and up

my vitamin D. Please don't let her be a quack...I am finally

hopeful! She is also a wonderful character!

----------------------------

See below:

An excellent review of this condition, including a case report with

successful outcome, is in the January 2008 issue of the clinical

journal Cutis. It is co-authored by Dr. Peacocke, who

specializes only in the treatment of vulvovaginal disorders.

Dr. Peacocke introduces a novel treatment strategy that has been

successful in improving the mucosal tissue and decreasing symptoms.

She proposes that DIV is a mucous membrane manifestation of vitamin D

deficiency that results in the loss of genital mucosal cells with

tissue that often looks and feels as though it has been burned.

Dr. Peacocke states that " the loss of this epithelial layer leads to

altered vaginal pH levels, mucous membrane fragility, inflammation

and secondary infection. "

And she proposes that " Vitamin D is necessary for the synthesis of

specific genital mucosal proteins. " Therefore, " Vitamin D deficiency

results in decreased amounts of these proteins, resulting in loss of

epithelial structural integrity and desquamation. Correction of the

Vitamin D deficiency ultimately leads to regeneration of the vaginal

epithelium and cessation of desquamation. "

Guest guest

That's great! I'm holding good thoughts for you!

Will you please let the group know how much Vitamin D she prescribes and in what

form?

I'm very intrigued as I also have celiac sprue, digestive and sinus troubles.

Take care,

Glomer

>

> I had my visit with Dr. Peacocke in NYC today. I am

> optimistic. She calls herself the " queen of vaginas " . She walked

> into the office and told me she knew right away what my problem

> was...my medication was a hint (protonix). She asked if I was

> subject to sinus issues, suffered from loose bowels. She said that

> she has major success with women who have a Vitamin D deficiency and

> a form of ciliac disease. The bowels, sinuses and labia are all

> affected because they all have mucous membranes. I had some

> bloodwork and see her in 10 days so she can regulate my diet and up

> my vitamin D. Please don't let her be a quack...I am finally

> hopeful! She is also a wonderful character!

> ----------------------------

> See below:

>

> An excellent review of this condition, including a case report with

> successful outcome, is in the January 2008 issue of the clinical

> journal Cutis. It is co-authored by Dr. Peacocke, who

> specializes only in the treatment of vulvovaginal disorders.

>

> Dr. Peacocke introduces a novel treatment strategy that has been

> successful in improving the mucosal tissue and decreasing symptoms.

> She proposes that DIV is a mucous membrane manifestation of vitamin D

> deficiency that results in the loss of genital mucosal cells with

> tissue that often looks and feels as though it has been burned.

>

> Dr. Peacocke states that " the loss of this epithelial layer leads to

> altered vaginal pH levels, mucous membrane fragility, inflammation

> and secondary infection. "

>

> And she proposes that " Vitamin D is necessary for the synthesis of

> specific genital mucosal proteins. " Therefore, " Vitamin D deficiency

> results in decreased amounts of these proteins, resulting in loss of

> epithelial structural integrity and desquamation. Correction of the

> Vitamin D deficiency ultimately leads to regeneration of the vaginal

> epithelium and cessation of desquamation. "

>

Guest guest

I go back in two weeks when the test results come in...I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this isn't all pie in the sky. I will definitely let the group know what is going on. I am in such a flare-up right now that if I didn't have hope I would be despondent!

Subject: Re: Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopefulTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 11:33 PM

That's great! I'm holding good thoughts for you!Will you please let the group know how much Vitamin D she prescribes and in what form?I'm very intrigued as I also have celiac sprue, digestive and sinus troubles.Take care,Glomer>> I had my visit with Dr. Peacocke in NYC today. I am > optimistic. She calls herself the "queen of vaginas". She walked > into the office and told me she knew right away what my problem > was...my medication was a hint (protonix). She asked if I was > subject to sinus issues, suffered from loose bowels. She said that > she has major success with women who have a Vitamin D deficiency and > a form of ciliac disease. The bowels, sinuses and labia are all >

affected because they all have mucous membranes. I had some > bloodwork and see her in 10 days so she can regulate my diet and up > my vitamin D. Please don't let her be a quack...I am finally > hopeful! She is also a wonderful character!> ------------ --------- -------> See below:> > An excellent review of this condition, including a case report with > successful outcome, is in the January 2008 issue of the clinical > journal Cutis. It is co-authored by Dr. Peacocke, who > specializes only in the treatment of vulvovaginal disorders.> > Dr. Peacocke introduces a novel treatment strategy that has been > successful in improving the mucosal tissue and decreasing symptoms. > She proposes that DIV is a mucous membrane manifestation of vitamin D > deficiency that results in the loss of genital mucosal cells with > tissue that often looks and

feels as though it has been burned. > > Dr. Peacocke states that "the loss of this epithelial layer leads to > altered vaginal pH levels, mucous membrane fragility, inflammation > and secondary infection."> > And she proposes that "Vitamin D is necessary for the synthesis of > specific genital mucosal proteins." Therefore, "Vitamin D deficiency > results in decreased amounts of these proteins, resulting in loss of > epithelial structural integrity and desquamation. Correction of the > Vitamin D deficiency ultimately leads to regeneration of the vaginal > epithelium and cessation of desquamation. ">

Guest guest

Hi,

This is the most interesting information yet. She is no quack. She is obviously

thinking and trying to figure it out compared to the others who are prescribing

all kinds of junk for relief and haven't a clue. I think it is wonderful you

have found her.

She also said something very interesting that also indicates that she is really

trying to get to the bottom of this-----(somewhere she said something about

" types of Celiac Disease " ). This also indicates that she realizes that Celiac

Disease may be a small part of the nasty disease of Gluten Sensitivity (and

unfortunately other food sensitivities that result) which is a disease of

nutritional deprivation because of the inability of the damaged body to digest

nutrients properly--including vitamin D and the disease can attack any part of

the body (and does).

For years on this list I have talked also about IgA reactions to foods, mainly

gluten and dairy (similar cross reactions as the proteins are so similar). IgA

reactions as I understand it are autoimmune reactions to mucous membranes which

include the vulvar, intestinal, esophageal, etc., etc., etc. These autoimmune

reactions damage the small intestine (and much more) and make it impossible to

digest nutrients which are necessary for our health. I think it is great that

she has found some correlation to vitamin D. I suggest that she continue that

line of thinking and research, hopefully, but also look into the fact that

vitamin D may be just the tip of the old iceberg.

She may not be cognizant of the fact that the blood tests are ineffably

inaccurate and will only be able to diagnose the very narrow disease of Celiac

as opposed to the wider and more accurate diagnosis of the manifestation of

Gluten Sensitivity which is almost gargantuan in its implications for health.

IgA reactions are reactions to the mucous membrane parts of our bodies.

Enterolab tests for IgA reaction to foods (gluten especially). If your blood

tests indicate a negative result I suggest that you further seek more intense

and accurate testing at Enterolab for very reasonable monetary outlay. I have

had five members of my family tested there and would go to no other. They know

what they are doing.

Best Wishes for your health.

Arline

Also, I had really bad esophagheal problems and medication did nothing until I

accidentally for another reason took antihistamines which afforded relief

surprisingly. In my case it was pepper--red, black, green, whatever. It was

entirely an allergy for me. I was able to stop all medication in this area if I

stopped eating pepper. I was amazed as I thought I was a goner. (Of course I

don't eat gluten or dairy or not only my vulvar area but my whole body reacts).

You might try antihistamines just for the heck of it for this problem.

> I had my visit with Dr. Peacocke in NYC today. I am

> optimistic. She calls herself the " queen of

> vaginas " . She walked

> into the office and told me she knew right away what my

> problem

> was...my medication was a hint (protonix). She asked if I

> was

> subject to sinus issues, suffered from loose bowels. She

> said that

> she has major success with women who have a Vitamin D

> deficiency and

> a form of ciliac disease. The bowels, sinuses and labia

> are all

> affected because they all have mucous membranes. I had

> some

> bloodwork and see her in 10 days so she can regulate my

> diet and up

> my vitamin D. Please don't let her be a quack...I am

> finally

> hopeful! She is also a wonderful character!

> ----------------------------

> See below:

>

> An excellent review of this condition, including a case

> report with

> successful outcome, is in the January 2008 issue of the

> clinical

> journal Cutis. It is co-authored by Dr. Peacocke,

> who

> specializes only in the treatment of vulvovaginal

> disorders.

>

> Dr. Peacocke introduces a novel treatment strategy that has

> been

> successful in improving the mucosal tissue and decreasing

> symptoms.

> She proposes that DIV is a mucous membrane manifestation of

> vitamin D

> deficiency that results in the loss of genital mucosal

> cells with

> tissue that often looks and feels as though it has been

> burned.

>

> Dr. Peacocke states that " the loss of this epithelial

> layer leads to

> altered vaginal pH levels, mucous membrane fragility,

> inflammation

> and secondary infection. "

>

> And she proposes that " Vitamin D is necessary for the

> synthesis of

> specific genital mucosal proteins. " Therefore,

> " Vitamin D deficiency

> results in decreased amounts of these proteins, resulting

> in loss of

> epithelial structural integrity and desquamation.

> Correction of the

> Vitamin D deficiency ultimately leads to regeneration of

> the vaginal

> epithelium and cessation of desquamation. "

>

Guest guest

I had my Vitamin D tested about a year and 1/2 ago from a naturopath and it was very, very low. I still have the Vitamin D that she told me to take. Maybe I'll take it.

Let us know what happens with your tests.

Sherri

--------- Re: Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopefulTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 11:33 PM

That's great! I'm holding good thoughts for you!Will you please let the group know how much Vitamin D she prescribes and in what form?I'm very intrigued as I also have celiac sprue, digestive and sinus troubles.Take care,Glomer>> I had my visit with Dr. Peacocke in NYC today. I am > optimistic. She calls herself the "queen of vaginas". She walked > into the office and told me she knew right away what my problem > was...my medication was a hint (protonix). She asked if I was > subject to sinus issues, suffered from loose bowels. She said that > she has major success with women who have a Vitamin D deficiency and > a form of ciliac disease. The bowels, sinuses and labia are all > affected because they all have muco

us membranes. I had some > bloodwork and see her in 10 days so she can regulate my diet and up > my vitamin D. Please don't let her be a quack...I am finally > hopeful! She is also a wonderful character!> ------------ --------- -------> See below:> > An excellent review of this condition, including a case report with > successful outcome, is in the January 2008 issue of the clinical > journal Cutis. It is co-authored by Dr. Peacocke, who > specializes only in the treatment of vulvovaginal disorders.> > Dr. Peacocke introduces a novel treatment strategy that has been > successful in improving the mucosal tissue and decreasing symptoms. > She proposes that DIV is a mucous membrane manifestation of vitamin D > deficiency that results in the loss of genital mucosal cells with > tissue that often looks and feels as though it has been burned. > > Dr. Peacoc

ke states that "the loss of this epithelial layer leads to > altered vaginal pH levels, mucous membrane fragility, inflammation > and secondary infection."> > And she proposes that "Vitamin D is necessary for the synthesis of > specific genital mucosal proteins." Therefore, "Vitamin D deficiency > results in decreased amounts of these proteins, resulting in loss of > epithelial structural integrity and desquamation. Correction of the > Vitamin D deficiency ultimately leads to regeneration of the vaginal > epithelium and cessation of desquamation. ">

Guest guest

"If your blood tests indicate a negative result I suggest that you further seek more intense and accurate testing at Enterolab for very reasonable monetary outlay"

Arleen, Dr. Peacocke mentioned that the tests may come back negative but she stated that she has found that no matter what the range is, women still respond to the celiac diet and Vitamin D. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because the icepacks are not a solution just a bandage!

Janice

Subject: Re: Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopefulTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 12:48 AM

Hi,This is the most interesting information yet. She is no quack. She is obviously thinking and trying to figure it out compared to the others who are prescribing all kinds of junk for relief and haven't a clue. I think it is wonderful you have found her.She also said something very interesting that also indicates that she is really trying to get to the bottom of this-----(somewhere she said something about "types of Celiac Disease"). This also indicates that she realizes that Celiac Disease may be a small part of the nasty disease of Gluten Sensitivity (and unfortunately other food sensitivities that result) which is a disease of nutritional deprivation because of the inability of the damaged body to digest nutrients properly--including vitamin D and the disease can attack any part of the body (and does).For years on this list I have talked also about IgA reactions to foods, mainly gluten and dairy (similar cross reactions as

the proteins are so similar). IgA reactions as I understand it are autoimmune reactions to mucous membranes which include the vulvar, intestinal, esophageal, etc., etc., etc. These autoimmune reactions damage the small intestine (and much more) and make it impossible to digest nutrients which are necessary for our health. I think it is great that she has found some correlation to vitamin D. I suggest that she continue that line of thinking and research, hopefully, but also look into the fact that vitamin D may be just the tip of the old iceberg.She may not be cognizant of the fact that the blood tests are ineffably inaccurate and will only be able to diagnose the very narrow disease of Celiac as opposed to the wider and more accurate diagnosis of the manifestation of Gluten Sensitivity which is almost gargantuan in its implications for health.IgA reactions are reactions to the mucous membrane parts of our bodies. Enterolab tests for IgA

reaction to foods (gluten especially). If your blood tests indicate a negative result I suggest that you further seek more intense and accurate testing at Enterolab for very reasonable monetary outlay. I have had five members of my family tested there and would go to no other. They know what they are doing.Best Wishes for your health.ArlineAlso, I had really bad esophagheal problems and medication did nothing until I accidentally for another reason took antihistamines which afforded relief surprisingly. In my case it was pepper--red, black, green, whatever. It was entirely an allergy for me. I was able to stop all medication in this area if I stopped eating pepper. I was amazed as I thought I was a goner. (Of course I don't eat gluten or dairy or not only my vulvar area but my whole body reacts). You might try antihistamines just for the heck of it for this problem.> I had my visit with Dr. Peacocke in NYC

today. I am > optimistic. She calls herself the "queen of> vaginas". She walked > into the office and told me she knew right away what my> problem > was...my medication was a hint (protonix). She asked if I> was > subject to sinus issues, suffered from loose bowels. She> said that > she has major success with women who have a Vitamin D> deficiency and > a form of ciliac disease. The bowels, sinuses and labia> are all > affected because they all have mucous membranes. I had> some > bloodwork and see her in 10 days so she can regulate my> diet and up > my vitamin D. Please don't let her be a quack...I am> finally > hopeful! She is also a wonderful character!> ------------ --------- -------> See below:> > An excellent review of this condition, including a case> report with >

successful outcome, is in the January 2008 issue of the> clinical > journal Cutis. It is co-authored by Dr. Peacocke,> who > specializes only in the treatment of vulvovaginal> disorders.> > Dr. Peacocke introduces a novel treatment strategy that has> been > successful in improving the mucosal tissue and decreasing> symptoms. > She proposes that DIV is a mucous membrane manifestation of> vitamin D > deficiency that results in the loss of genital mucosal> cells with > tissue that often looks and feels as though it has been> burned. > > Dr. Peacocke states that "the loss of this epithelial> layer leads to > altered vaginal pH levels, mucous membrane fragility,> inflammation > and secondary infection."> > And she proposes that "Vitamin D is necessary for the> synthesis of

> specific genital mucosal proteins." Therefore,> "Vitamin D deficiency > results in decreased amounts of these proteins, resulting> in loss of > epithelial structural integrity and desquamation.> Correction of the > Vitamin D deficiency ultimately leads to regeneration of> the vaginal > epithelium and cessation of desquamation. ">

Guest guest

Hi Janice, It sounds like she is aware of the problems of the blood tests.

That's great.

If one responds to a gluten free diet it quite likely can be assumed that they have a problem with gluten and that lasts for a lifetime, is genetic, life destroying, and should be diagnosed and not confused with vitamin D deficiency even if it is a factor in vulvar disorders (which would be very interesting).

Good luck with it all.

Arline

"If your blood tests indicate a negative result I suggest that you further seek more intense and accurate testing at Enterolab for very reasonable monetary outlay"

Arleen, Dr. Peacocke mentioned that the tests may come back negative but she stated that she has found that no matter what the range is, women still respond to the celiac diet and Vitamin D. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because the icepacks are not a solution just a bandage!

Janice _._,___

Guest guest

Well this intrigued me. Here is a discussion on a bulletin board about

Peacocke, with an argument between a few of her patients, some VVS sufferers,

and Dr. Goldstein. His point is that her research is not peer-reviewed, and the

CUTIS study was a case study of one person, so " buyer beware " as he states.

However I agree with the last post that if she's getting results, then that's a

lot better than nothing. I'd be interested in seeing her! I'd drive up to NY to

see this lady if she took insurance. Does she? Road trip anyone (from DC)? :) I

always got the impression that Dr. Goldstein was a bit Estrace happy and plus he

cost $1200! Interesting!

Link:

http://www.hisandherhealth.com/cgi-bin/ubb_newshe/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f\

=2;t=000224;p=0

Gunn

Guest guest

, thanks for that from Goldstein's link?

He said--

" Lastly, I can say only this " let the buyer beware. "

I really doubt that Dr. Peacocke is going to prescribe doses of vitamin D that

will do anybody any damage at all? (Strange thing for him to say I thought). And

there is no damage to be had from a gluten free diet at all.

If one waits for peer reviewed research, articles, and whatever, you can wait

twenty years or so if you want. I have been waiting almost ten to see some

indication of somebody being creative and trying to find out the cause. Doctors

that step out of the mainstream and stop following the pack really have a bad

time. Too bad. I say cheers for her!!!

Arline

Re:Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopeful

Well this intrigued me. Here is a discussion on a bulletin board about

Peacocke, with  an argument between a few of her patients, some VVS sufferers,

and Dr. Goldstein. His point is that her research is not peer-reviewed, and the

CUTIS study was a case study of one person, so " buyer beware " as he states.

However I agree with the last post that if she's getting results, then that's a

lot better than nothing. I'd be interested in seeing her! I'd drive up to NY to

see this lady if she took insurance. Does she? Road trip anyone (from DC)? :) I

always got the impression that Dr. Goldstein was a bit Estrace happy and plus he

cost $1200! Interesting!

Link:

http://www.hisandherhealth.com/cgi-bin/ubb_newshe/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f\

=2;t=000224;p=0

Gunn

------------------------------------

**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST,

Thanks for your cooperation! **

Guest guest

Thanks ....I am willing to try anything, but Peacocke's explanation sounded reasonable. The intestines, the vagina, the sinuses are all mucosal tissues and I've had trouble with all three areas. I believe that all body functions are connected and throwing ointments (nor have any of the ointments helped) at it is just covering the cause. She stated that my Protonix meds were draining my body of Vitamin D. I also believe that there is a connection with diet and your body. Everyone seems to be recommending the Low Oxalate diet...why not try the no-gluton diet....Do we know how Dr. Goldstein feels about the Oxalate diet? I am afraid to believe that this is an answer because if it is not, I don't know where next to turn.....I am in so much pain each day and I'm living toward the next ice pack!!!!

Dr. Peacocke does not take insurance. The first visit was $480.00. I am hoping that my insurance will at least pay me back 80%.

Subject: Re:Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopefulTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 1:00 AM

Well this intrigued me. Here is a discussion on a bulletin board about Peacocke, with an argument between a few of her patients, some VVS sufferers, and Dr. Goldstein. His point is that her research is not peer-reviewed, and the CUTIS study was a case study of one person, so "buyer beware" as he states. However I agree with the last post that if she's getting results, then that's a lot better than nothing. I'd be interested in seeing her! I'd drive up to NY to see this lady if she took insurance. Does she? Road trip anyone (from DC)? :) I always got the impression that Dr. Goldstein was a bit Estrace happy and plus he cost $1200! Interesting!Link:http://www.hisandhe rhealth.com/ cgi-bin/ubb_ newshe/ultimateb b.cgi?ubb= get_topic; f=2;t=000224; p=0

Gunn

Guest guest

She is a real pistol and talks very "real". She said if men's balls were on fire and raw for a more then a "few days", we would have any some answers by now, instead of all these bandages. As I've stated before on this subject, I am at wit's end and willing to try and find a cause for this because the ointments and icepacks just aren't enough to live a "normal" life.

Jan

Subject: Re: Re:Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopefulTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 1:28 AM

, thanks for that from Goldstein's link?He said--"Lastly, I can say only this "let the buyer beware."I really doubt that Dr. Peacocke is going to prescribe doses of vitamin D that will do anybody any damage at all? (Strange thing for him to say I thought). And there is no damage to be had from a gluten free diet at all.If one waits for peer reviewed research, articles, and whatever, you can wait twenty years or so if you want. I have been waiting almost ten to see some indication of somebody being creative and trying to find out the cause. Doctors that step out of the mainstream and stop following the pack really have a bad time. Too bad. I say cheers for her!!! Arline Re:Visit with Dr. Peacocke (NYC)....I am hopefulWell this intrigued me. Here is a discussion on a bulletin board about Peacocke, with an argument between a few of her patients, some VVS sufferers, and Dr. Goldstein. His point is that her research is not peer-reviewed, and the CUTIS study was a case study of one person, so "buyer beware" as he states. However I agree with the last post that if she's getting results, then that's a lot better than nothing. I'd be interested in seeing her! I'd drive up to NY to see this lady if she took insurance. Does she? Road trip anyone (from DC)? :) I always got the impression that Dr. Goldstein was a bit Estrace happy and plus he cost $1200! Interesting!Link:http://www.hisandhe rhealth.com/ cgi-bin/ubb_ newshe/ultimateb b.cgi?ubb= get_topic; f=2;t=000224; p=0 Gunn ------------ --------- --------- ------**IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, Thanks for your cooperation! *****