RemedySpot.com

Re: pregnancy yeast question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Melinda,

So far in this pregnancy I have had 2 yeast infections. I took the Diflucan (1 oral pill) and Terazol (vaginally) both times. They say that a yeast infection could cause preterm labor which is why it should be treated.

I have been taking Zyrtec and eating yogurt every day and so far I am 12 weeks without one...my longest time in between one..yay! I heard probiotics werent FDA approved and not recommended during pregnancy..did you get the ok from your Dr to use them? What kind are you using?

I have also been treated with gentian violet too...I would go that route if I were you! I was told it is safe during pregnancy. I have had it 2 times after an appointment. I prefer it. It is alot better than the creams. I was also adviced not to use Boric Acid.

I tried the Candida diet and lost 5 lbs at the beginning of my pregnancy...I have since gained it back, plus extra. Diets are not healthy on a growing fetus. Try not to cut out too much. Its ok to cut out most sugars but keep the fruit and veggie carbs.

Discharge during the last trimester is supposed to be normal...I thought. Its called leukorrhea (spelling?)..maybe its just that, if you have no other signs of yeast.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Debbie

24 weeks

Subject: pregnancy yeast questionTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 7:14 PM

Sorry if this is a cross-post for some - I need all the advice I can get from all my groups!I am still catching up on my posts from today but I really need some advice. I am 33 weeks and have been having so much discharge today that I was worried I was leaking fluid. I went in and the midwife said I have a yeast infection! I have never had one, although I'm sure I have chronic candida like many of us who have done birth control and antibiotics in the past. Anyway, she wanted me to take diflucan, and when I refused, she suggested apple cider vinegar washes, cutting down on sugar, and seeing how I am in a week at my next appointment. SO my questions:1. Is this truly yeast or could it be die-off as a result of very suddenly tripling my probiotics and using garlic cloves to try to test negative for Group B strep in a few weeks? Should I stop doing the garlic and probiotics? I really don't

want to but will if it's causing a yeast problem.2. What else can I do? Is there something homeopathic, or something else natural? I have heard of gentian violet (spelling?) being used for some kind of yeast problem, is that for vaginal yeast? Can't use boric acid when pregnant, by the way. 3. I have tried to do the Body Ecology Diet in the past and was never able to get to 100%, it's just too hard. But I am thinking I will try to cut out sugar and processed carbs for the next week till my appointment and have my only carbs be carby veggies (ie carrots, potatoes). Can I keep doing cheese and raw milk?? I am concerned about losing too much weight if I cut out too much, I lost two pounds since last week which I don't think is good at this point in the pregnancy - and that was with eating full fat ice cream and raw milk every single day. Thanks so much...I know most people would just

take the diflucan but I can't bring myself to do it, especially since I don't have any itching or irritation, just the discharge. Melinda

Guest guest

Where did you get that information? I know probiotics are naturally

found in yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, and various other cultured foods.

Thanks,

Lindsey