RemedySpot.com

capsaicin cream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ladies.

I started today capsaicin cream. I did't have bad burning after

application, but skin of vulva feels very irritated all day .

Is it normal to feel vulva irritation even after wash of cream .

I feel my self very scarred . I am affraid make it more worse .

thanks, Lina.

Guest guest

Hi Lina,Try posting again and putting '' in the subject line. She uses the C. cream and likes the results. Who prescribed it for you? Maybe you should call the Doctor or their nurse and explain what's going on with you -- see if they have any suggestions. I understand your concerns. None of us want 'more' pain or problems. Hang in there and take care,Chelleshanylina wrote: Hi ladies.I started today capsaicin cream. I did't have bad burning after application, but skin of vulva feels very irritated all day .Is it normal to feel vulva irritation even after wash of cream . I feel my self very scarred . I am affraid make it more worse .thanks, Lina.

Guest guest

Hi ladies.

>

> I started today capsaicin cream. I did't have bad burning after

>

> application, but skin of vulva feels very irritated all day .

>

> Is it normal to feel vulva irritation even after wash of cream .

>

>

> I feel my self very scarred . I am affraid make it more worse .

>

>

>

> thanks, Lina.

>

Guest guest

Lina,I cannot remember exactly, but I believe mentioned it being Prescribed/compounded in an 'acid mantle base' (I think!). Also, I think you are supposed to start out with a low dose and gradually go up in strength. If I find anything I'll send it in. In the meantime, an oral antihistamine 'might' help with the irritation it has caused. Have you tried soaking in the bathtub? So so sorry.... hang in there....Chelleshanylina wrote: >Hi Chelle. Thank you for reply. My doctor prescrited it long time ago I tried alot of treatments, but nothing helped, so I decided to try this cream.I am sure that my doctor don't know much about cream reactions b/s Iask him to prescribe this cream to meThanks Lina.

Guest guest

> >

>

>

>

>

> Hi Chelle.

> Thank you for reply. My doctor prescrited it long time ago I tried a

> lot of treatments, but nothing helped, so I decided to try

> this cream.

> I am sure that my doctor don't know much about cream reactions b/s I

> ask him to prescribe this cream to me

>

> Thanks Lina.

>

Guest guest

Hi there, I just caught onto this post again.Yes, I use Capsaisin, and it works well for me most of the time. Kills off my pain for hours at a time pretty much completely. I get it compounded with an 'acid mantle' base, and I started at strength .025% (I now use .075%). It can certainly cause more pain when you use it, especially for the first few weeks. It always burns when you apply it, and then usually actually worsens when you wash it off (think eating a hot pepper and then drinking water - it burns pretty bad). The burning should go away altogether about 1/2 hour after washing. I have a few suggestions that may help lessen the pain.1. Numb the area first with Lidocaine. Wait 10 minutes after applying the Lido, and then wipe dry and apply the Cap.2. are you applying it correctly? The best way is to use a hand mirror to see what you're doing. Take a tiny amount on a q-tip, and apply only to the area your doctor recommended (usually the vestibule)3. After you apply it, take an ice pack (or frozen veggies works well), and keep it between your legs, basically on your crotch. Try not to move. This will ease the pain.If it is causing you horrible pain that is unbearable, maybe they can lower your strength further? I had pain the first few weeks, and also when I increased the dose. I still feel burning when I apply it now, but it actually feels good to me (as strange as that may sound).let me know how you're doing,nicoleTo: VulvarDisorders From: shanylina@...Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:08:12 +0000Subject: Re: capsaicin cream

> >

>

>

>

>

> Hi Chelle.

> Thank you for reply. My doctor prescrited it long time ago I tried a

> lot of treatments, but nothing helped, so I decided to try

> this cream.

> I am sure that my doctor don't know much about cream reactions b/s I

> ask him to prescribe this cream to me

>

> Thanks Lina.

>

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!

Guest guest

Capsaicin cream can cause a severe allergic reaction in some people and I am surprised to find it recommended for topical application on the sensitive tissues of the vulva of all places. And trying to wash it off with soap and water will just make any irritation worse. If you do try it, apply a small amount to a less sensitive area first, such as the inside of your arm, to see how severe a reaction you get . Use sparingly and with caution!

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

Guest guest

yes- make sure that you only use the compounded capsaicin, NOT the over the counter. The over the counter stuff has a lot of extra chemicals in it. Also, only rinse off with water, not soap.To: VulvarDisorders From: jan66lan@...Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:30:48 -0700Subject: Re:capsaicin cream

Capsaicin cream can cause a severe allergic reaction in some people and I am surprised to find it recommended for topical application on the sensitive tissues of the vulva of all places. And trying to wash it off with soap and water will just make any irritation worse. If you do try it, apply a small amount to a less sensitive area first, such as the inside of your arm, to see how severe a reaction you get . Use sparingly and with caution!

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.

Guest guest

>

Thanks for care about me.

I put cream on outer libia, most hypersensivity, pain,burning, I have

there.I also have pain around vagina too, but I like try before on

outer libia.

Lina.

>

> yes- make sure that you only use the compounded capsaicin, NOT the

over the counter. The over the counter stuff has a lot of extra

chemicals in it. Also, only rinse off with water, not soap.

>

> To: VulvarDisorders

> From: jan66lan@...

> Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:30:48 -0700

> Subject: Re:capsaicin cream

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Capsaicin cream can cause a severe allergic reaction in

some people and I am surprised to find it recommended for topical

application on the sensitive tissues of the vulva of all places. And

trying to wash it off with soap and water will just make any

irritation worse. If you do try it, apply a small amount to a less

sensitive area first, such as the inside of your arm, to see how

severe a reaction you get . Use sparingly and with caution!

>

>

>

>

> Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada

Messenger

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you.

>

http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_mobile_072008

>