RemedySpot.com

It looks like Sunburn, but it's not.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Ladies,

You know how when you get a really bad sun-burn, the skin is red, and the area is framed with peeling white skin?

Well, that's what my vaginal lips look like (and, sort of feel like, although they're itching more than they're burning, and it's not nearly as bad as sun-burn actually is in terms of how they feel). But the redness and peeling patches are definitely there.

A bad sun-burn is the best description for what it looks like, but I know for sure this isn't sunburn, because I haven't exposed the area to the sun (no trips to the nude beaches or anything like that! lol)

Anyone have an experience like this? If it was a reaction to something, what caused it (if you know?)? If it wasn't a reaction, what was it in your case? And How long did it last? Anything help make the skin go back to normal?

This is new for me, and if it doesn't clear-up / return to normal, I am certainly going to make an appointment with my GYN. But, I'm wondering if you ladies have any ideas/advice in the meantime.

I haven't done anything different lately that I can think of that would cause this. Although I did use a different soap when I was at a hotel on Friday evening, but I was "normal" down there all weekend and I'm not usually sensitive to soaps -- even scented kinds. Could this be a reaction to that, even though it's so delayed and even though it's unusual for me?

Thanks,

~~

Guest guest

Hi ,I sure wish I knew what to tell you, but I just don't know what it could be. If you are leery about going to a gyn -- maybe you should see a Dermatologist? I'm leaning towards thinking it's something allergic with the way you described it, again, I think you will probably have to get it checked... *ugh*Keep us posted...~Chelle