RemedySpot.com

RE: Hollis...menopausal eats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ml,gee, i'm certainly no final authority on this whole subject, but i certainly have my opinions!lol.to my way of thinking the best thing anyone can do is eat as much " real food " as possible -- meaning whole, untinkered with food that's as close to its natural state as possible: a lot of fresh, preferably organic, vegetables and high anti-oxidant fruits, a portion of them raw; grass-fed, organic free-range (as opposed to grain-fed and antibiotic-laced, hormone-disrupting) beef; free-range chicken and eggs; other iron-rich meats like bison and venison; select, lower mercury-filled fish; nuts and seeds; and high quality, healthful oils like coconut (for cooking, baking, and seasoning) and olive oil (for salads). contrary to what the pharmaceutical companies might preach, high-quality fats are necessary for good hormone health: it's from cholesterol that all the other hormones are produced. definitely very little or no unfermented soy, due to its deleterious effects on the thyroid, though fermented soy, in the form of miso, and other fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) are excellent for the gut and immune health. very little or no grains, since so many are gluten sensitive or intolerant and even those who aren't would be better off without. if dairy, only organic and preferably raw and grass-fed only, which contains good amounts of vitamin d. ideally no refined sugars and only small amounts of naturally produced ones. of course, no soft drinks and nothing that is " pretend " food (which means 95% of what appears on grocery shelves).i could go on and on, but i think the single best source of information for providing soundadvice on nutrition is the weston price foundation, which carries on the research discoveriesof a dentist who travelled the world identifying the common nutritional denominators amongvarious native cultures that enjoyed superior health. i say that in the past tense, since for the most part traditional diets have been destroyed by Western fast-food, high fructose cornsyrup (one of the worst things ever, dietarily speaking) influences, with the litany of Westerndiseases following.the link is: westonaprice.orgthere's SO much great information there; you'll be kept very busy. . . .hope this helps.hollisHollis: you are so informative. What can you say to address natural hormones for women to replace estrogen? What can we eat to help us menopausal women have healthy bodies? some have had complete hyster and others menopause thru aging. thanks, ml

thank you HOLLIS!! I tried searching myself and kept coming up with places that just want to sell stuff. your addy sounds great. will look it up after IKE finishes. love, ML

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time wewill reap a harvest if we do not give up.Galatians 6:9, New International Version

-----Original Message-----From: VulvarDisorders [mailto:VulvarDisorders ]On Behalf Of hgzSent: Friday, September 12, 2008 7:51 PMTo: VulvarDisorders Subject: RE: Hollis...menopausal eats

ml,

gee, i'm certainly no final authority on this whole subject, but i certainly have my opinions!

lol.

to my way of thinking the best thing anyone can do is eat as much "real food" as possible -- meaning whole, untinkered with food that's as close to its natural state as possible: a lot of fresh, preferably organic, vegetables and high anti-oxidant fruits, a portion of them raw; grass-fed, organic free-range (as opposed to grain-fed and antibiotic-laced, hormone-disrupting) beef; free-range chicken and eggs; other iron-rich meats like bison and venison; select, lower mercury-filled fish; nuts and seeds; and high quality, healthful oils like coconut (for cooking, baking, and seasoning) and olive oil (for salads). contrary to what the pharmaceutical companies might preach, high-quality fats are necessary for good hormone health: it's from cholesterol that all the other hormones are produced. definitely very little or no unfermented soy, due to its deleterious effects on the thyroid, though fermented soy, in the form of miso, and other fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) are excellent for the gut and immune health. very little or no grains, since so many are gluten sensitive or intolerant and even those who aren't would be better off without. if dairy, only organic and preferably raw and grass-fed only, which contains good amounts of vitamin d. ideally no refined sugars and only small amounts of naturally produced ones. of course, no soft drinks and nothing that is "pretend" food (which means 95% of what appears on grocery shelves).

i could go on and on, but i think the single best source of information for providing sound

advice on nutrition is the weston price foundation, which carries on the research discoveries

of a dentist who travelled the world identifying the common nutritional denominators among

various native cultures that enjoyed superior health. i say that in the past tense, since for the most part traditional diets have been destroyed by Western fast-food, high fructose corn

syrup (one of the worst things ever, dietarily speaking) influences, with the litany of Western

diseases following.

the link is: westonaprice.org

there's SO much great information there; you'll be kept very busy. . . .

hope this helps.

hollis

Hollis: Thank you and i agree with you.

I am very careful about where I go on the web. Do you go to this site and is it safe? I have had a thorough VIRUS repair on my computer, that is why I am asking before I go into the site. thanks, ml

westonaprice.org

Subject: RE: Hollis...menopausal eats

to my way of thinking the best thing anyone can do is eat as much "real food" as possible -- meaning whole, untinkered with food that's as close to its natural state as possible: a lot of fresh, preferably organic, vegetables and high anti-oxidant fruits, a portion of them raw; grass-fed, organic free-range (as opposed to grain-fed and antibiotic-laced, hormone-disrupting) beef; free-range chicken and eggs; other iron-rich meats like bison and venison; select, lower mercury-filled fish; nuts and seeds; and high quality, healthful oils like coconut (for cooking, baking, and seasoning) and olive oil (for salads). contrary to what the pharmaceutical companies might preach, high-quality fats are necessary for good hormone health: it's from cholesterol that all the other hormones are produced. definitely very little or no unfermented soy, due to its deleterious effects on the thyroid, though fermented soy, in the form of miso, and other fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) are excellent for the gut and immune health. very little or no grains, since so many are gluten sensitive or intolerant and even those who aren't would be better off without. if dairy, only organic and

the link is: westonaprice.org

ml,yes, it is a totally trustworthy site.hollisHollis: Thank you and i agree with you. I am very careful about where I go on the web. Do you go to this site and is it safe? I have had a thorough VIRUS repair on my computer, that is why I am asking before I go into the site. thanks, ml westonaprice. org Subject: RE: Hollis...menopausal eats to my way of thinking the best thing anyone can do is eat as much " real food " as possible -- meaning whole, untinkered with food that's as close to its natural state as possible: a lot of fresh, preferably organic, vegetables and high anti-oxidant fruits, a portion of them raw; grass-fed, organic free-range (as opposed to grain-fed and antibiotic-laced, hormone-disrupting) beef; free-range chicken and eggs; other iron-rich meats like bison and venison; select, lower mercury-filled fish; nuts and seeds; and high quality, healthful oils like coconut (for cooking, baking, and seasoning) and olive oil (for salads). contrary to what the pharmaceutical companies might preach, high-quality fats are necessary for good hormone health: it's from cholesterol that all the other hormones are produced. definitely very little or no unfermented soy, due to its deleterious effects on the thyroid, though fermented soy, in the form of miso, and other fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.) are excellent for the gut and immune health. very little or no grains, since so many are gluten sensitive or intolerant and even those who aren't would be better off without. if dairy, only organic and the link is: westonaprice. org

oh good -- glad you're finding it of interest. i'd been meaning to read up on the use of gelatinbroths for awhile, so your link inspired me to finally do it. hollisHollis: I have read ONE article and am so EXCITED about this site. THANK YOU. attached the link for all who are interested this is a good one! hugs, ml http://www.westonap rice.org/ foodfeatures/ brothisbeautiful .html