RemedySpot.com

Hello everyone, I am back

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

Well, I am back to be with you all after having been away now for about 3 months due to trecovering from the surgery on my foot. The recovery was a lot longer than I thought it would be but I have to tell you that after initially having my doubts about having had the surgery (yes, I doubted for a bit shortly after I had the surgery on wehther or not I should have had the surgery) I know that it was the right thing to do.

Not only is my foot and ankle starting to do better on the improvement front when it comes to how I walk but my fibromyalgia has been kept quiet for the last nearly 12 weeks (yep, it will be 12 weeks tomorrow since I had my surgery) and in the last few weeks my arthritis has also been kept quiet.

My vulvodynia has also been somewhat quiet too. I don't know how much of that has been because of the medication I've been using during the course of the year to keep my pubic bone pain quiet or the panties I have been wearing (I got the kind from Hanes that are super soft and I love them), or now the surgery except that it has not acted up too much and have only needed to use the Lidocaine ointment a couple times in the past several months.

I am still dealing with some post-op tenderness and post-op fatigue from my surgery but I know that will go away soon. I can get my foot in to my Croc both with and without my sock. The challenge right now is trying to get my foot in to my shoe when the orthotic insert is in the shoe but I did try again the other day with my barefoot to get it in to the shoe with the orthotic inside the shoe and did a bit better this time than last time.

I have been in a walking boot all this time but now just using it for when I have to go out like for my doctor's appointments as I am now walking on my own power for the last 3 weeks after having let go of the walker (glad to be rid of it). My doctor told me to take as long as I need to with the boot as I continue to transition in to my other shoe.

I am also having to try and work at remembering to walk correctly (which does not come naturally to me due to the fact that I also have a mild case of cerebral palsy which causes the problem with my ankle by causing the Achilles tendon to be tight which is why I had to have the surgery again but then found out in the process I had a problem with my right big toe going up which is also now fixed). Because of the cerebral palsy I have to tell my brain to tell my foot that when I walk it is heel, toe, heel, toe.

When I told my doctor about what I am going thru he understood and said that it was understandable because of the fact that I had been toewalking for years. So the message to me was be patient which I am doing my best to make sure happens.

Now after I am fully recovered from this surgery I will be tending to my sinuses next to deal with a bone spur that was found in the sinus cavity among other things. I am going to be doing that some time in Nov hopefully.

Other than that I am doing well and so is my mom with the treatment she's on for her breast cancer. She goes for her next check up next week at Mayo on the 24th.

It's good to be back with you all and I hope that all of you are doing well.

Kristy :)

Kristy,I had wondered what happened to you...hadn't seen you post in awhile. Glad to hear your pain level has decreased...that is always a plus. I hope everything goes well for you...Take Care,Chelle

Hi, Kristy. Glad you are showing improvement and hope it continues.

A couple of weeks ago I realized that I was also " toe walking " and " toe sitting "

(putting the weight of my feet on the toes instead of the heel or flat down) so

I have been working on stopping that practice. I have problems with my feet and

hopefully they will respond to my new efforts. I also have little " ankle

pillows " to keep my feet off the mattress when I am reading in bed.

You mentioned a problem putting on your shoe with the orthotic inserted. Did

you know that you can remove the insole of your shoe and then the orthotic will

sit a bit lower leaving you room for your foot.

Keep getting better.

Ora

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:59:56 -0700 (PDT), Kristy Sokoloski sokokl@...>

wrote:

>

>Hi everyone,

>Well, I am back to be with you all after having been away now for about 3

months due to trecovering from the surgery on my foot.  The recovery was a lot

longer than I thought it would be but I have to tell you that after initially

having my doubts about having had the surgery (yes, I doubted for a bit shortly

after I had the surgery on wehther or not I should have had the surgery) I know

that it was the right thing to do.

>Not only is my foot and ankle starting to do better on the improvement front

when it comes to how I walk but my fibromyalgia has been kept quiet for the last

nearly 12 weeks (yep, it will be 12 weeks tomorrow since I had my surgery) and

in the last few weeks my arthritis has also been kept quiet.

>My vulvodynia has also been somewhat quiet too.  I don't know how much of that

has been because of the medication I've been using during the course of the year

to keep my pubic bone pain quiet or the panties I have been wearing (I got the

kind from Hanes that are super soft and I love them), or now the surgery except

that it has not acted up too much and have only needed to use the Lidocaine

ointment a couple times in the past several months.

>I am still dealing with some post-op tenderness and post-op fatigue from my

surgery but I know that will go away soon.  I can get my foot in to my Croc both

with and without my sock.  The challenge right now is trying to get my foot in

to my shoe when the orthotic insert is in the shoe but I did try again the other

day with my barefoot to get it in to the shoe with the orthotic inside the shoe

and did a bit better this time than last time.

>I have been in a walking boot all this time but now just using it for when I

have to go out like for my doctor's appointments as I am now walking on my own

power for the last 3 weeks after having let go of the walker (glad to be rid of

it).  My doctor told me to take as long as I need to with the boot as I continue

to transition in to my other shoe.

>I am also having to try and work at remembering to walk correctly (which does

not come naturally to me due to the fact that I also have a mild case of

cerebral palsy which causes the problem with my ankle by causing the Achilles

tendon to be tight which is why I had to have the surgery again but then found

out in the process I had a problem with my right big toe going up which is also

now fixed).  Because of the cerebral palsy I have to tell my brain to tell my

foot that when I walk it is heel, toe, heel, toe.

>When I told my doctor about what I am going thru he understood  and said that

it was understandable because of the fact that I had been toewalking for years. 

So the message to me was be patient which I am doing my best to make sure

happens.

>Now after I am fully recovered from this surgery I will be tending to my

sinuses next to deal with a bone spur that was found in the sinus cavity among

other things.  I am going to be doing that some time in Nov hopefully.

>Other than that I am doing well and so is my mom with the treatment she's on

for her breast cancer.  She goes for her next check up next week at Mayo on the

24th.

>It's good to be back with you all and I hope that all of you are doing well.

>Kristy :)

>

>

>

Hi Chelle,

It's good to be back. I have missed everyone. I had hoped to be back much sooner than I was but the recovery from this surgery was a lot harder than I thought.

While I was away I did think about you and Melinda and some of the others and wondered how they were doing. How are things going for you with your issues, especially the back area?

Subject: Re: Hello everyone, I am backTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 11:13 AM

Kristy,I had wondered what happened to you...hadn't seen you post in awhile. Glad to hear your pain level has decreased... that is always a plus. I hope everything goes well for you...Take Care,Chelle

Hi Ora,

Thanks for the note, and keep up the good work with what you are trying to do for your feet.

As for the shoe and orthotic issue in question, these are my Crocs. I don't wear my tennis shoes (these have the insert and I know to take the insert that comes with the shoe out) much anymore since getting my Crocs last Summer.

The reason that I still can't get my foot in to my shoe with or without the sock while I have the orthotic insert in the shoe is because my foot is still swollen.

On the other side of things as far as my health I am starting to get nervous about the pubic bone pain which has been quiet most of the year thanks to the medication I've been getting during this year. I am almost done with the treatment but I know that once the treatment is done the pain is going to come back and give me problems.

But I am using this time before the treatment ends to get to Urology to find out if my bladder is the reason for this pubic bone pain. If it isn't I am going to have to have a conversation with my Podiatrist about it (almost everyone of my doctors knows about the extent of it) to see if I have RSD. The reason that I am going to include my Podiatrist in this conversation depending on the visit to the Urologist (which will be on the 8th) is because this pain when it has acted up as it did before I went on the treatment has sent the pain not only down my leg but in to my foot on that left side. Yep, the pubic bone pain is on the left side.

>>Hi everyone,> >Well, I am

back to be with you all after having been away now for about 3 months due to trecovering from the surgery on my foot. The recovery was a lot longer than I thought it would be but I have to tell you that after initially having my doubts about having had the surgery (yes, I doubted for a bit shortly after I had the surgery on wehther or not I should have had the surgery) I know that it was the right thing to do.> >Not only is my foot and ankle starting to do better on the improvement front when it comes to how I walk but my fibromyalgia has been kept quiet for the last nearly 12 weeks (yep, it will be 12 weeks tomorrow since I had my surgery) and in the last few weeks my arthritis has also been kept quiet.> >My vulvodynia has also been somewhat quiet too. I don't know how much of that has been because of the medication I've been using during the course of the year to keep my pubic bone pain quiet or the

panties I have been wearing (I got the kind from Hanes that are super soft and I love them), or now the surgery except that it has not acted up too much and have only needed to use the Lidocaine ointment a couple times in the past several months.> >I am still dealing with some post-op tenderness and post-op fatigue from my surgery but I know that will go away soon. I can get my foot in to my Croc both with and without my sock. The challenge right now is trying to get my foot in to my shoe when the orthotic insert is in the shoe but I did try again the other day with my barefoot to get it in to the shoe with the orthotic inside the shoe and did a bit better this time than last time.> >I have been in a walking boot all this time but now just using it for when I have to go out like for my doctor's appointments as I am now walking on my own power for the last 3 weeks after having let go of the walker (glad

to be rid of it). My doctor told me to take as long as I need to with the boot as I continue to transition in to my other shoe.> >I am also having to try and work at remembering to walk correctly (which does not come naturally to me due to the fact that I also have a mild case of cerebral palsy which causes the problem with my ankle by causing the Achilles tendon to be tight which is why I had to have the surgery again but then found out in the process I had a problem with my right big toe going up which is also now fixed). Because of the cerebral palsy I have to tell my brain to tell my foot that when I walk it is heel, toe, heel, toe.> >When I told my doctor about what I am going thru he understood and said that it was understandable because of the fact that I had been toewalking for years. So the message to me was be patient which I am doing my best to make sure

happens.> >Now after I am fully recovered from this surgery I will be tending to my sinuses next to deal with a bone spur that was found in the sinus cavity among other things. I am going to be doing that some time in Nov hopefully.> >Other than that I am doing well and so is my mom with the treatment she's on for her breast cancer. She goes for her next check up next week at Mayo on the 24th.> >It's good to be back with you all and I hope that all of you are doing well.> >Kristy :)>>>

Hi Kristy, I'm glad you're back-I'm an oldie back again for a little while now and I remember your good advice & concern for everyone. Glad your op went well and that your mom is doing well w/BC. If you remember me, I had BC 7 yrs ago and chose to have bi-lateral mastectomys. If you have any ques. about BC feel free to write me. Take care. Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Good to hear from you as well hon. I think I remember your battle with breast cancer but it has been so long now. How are you doing now?

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Asthma Triggers

How you can

identify them.

All-Bran