RemedySpot.com

BV again

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hav not taken Flagyl. Sorry.

Re: BV again> To: VulvarDisorders > Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 4:50 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > One thing that I randomly thought of is are you using topicalestrace? I know my infections seemed to get under some control withtopical estrace. of couse I also started using daily probiotics, goodvitamins, etc., at the same time. But I do recall seeing a linksomewhere between healthy vaginal bacteria and having enough estrogen.> Lindsey>

I agree with Lindsey, if you don't fix the imbalance, the infections could come back.

My nine months of BV heck started after I went on the birth control pill after not being on it for 11 years. BIGGEST mistake of my life. I was 38 years old. I went off of it after the BV crisis..

BlueeberriLooking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

That's absolutely true about needing an antibiotic to get rid of the

infection. however, if estrogen levels are even slightly out of whack

healthy vaginal bacteria can be greatly reduced, pH can get out of

balance, and you're stuck in a cycle of infections. I had infections

on & off for about two years, and the best things that helped were

looking at a holistic picture, and in addition to medications using

estrace and nutrition to help normalize things. There's usually a

reason if someone keeps getting infections over & over and it can take

getting to the bottom of it in order to stop the cycle.

Just my .02

Lindsey

>

> You have an infection which needs an antibiotic Using topical estrace

is for the hormones which will not clear up the infection. 

If you keep getting bacterial infections then a longer course would be a good preventive. Yes I took 500mg twice aday for 2 weeks and 1 every other day. Tina Kohlman

Subject: Re: Re: BV againTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 6:34 PM

Re: BV again> To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 4:50 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > One thing that I randomly thought of is are you using topicalestrace? I know my infections seemed to get under some control withtopical estrace. of couse I also started using daily probiotics, goodvitamins, etc., at the same time. But I do

recall seeing a linksomewhere between healthy vaginal bacteria and having enough estrogen.> Lindsey>

Late last night my post said everyother day and it was 1 tab every day for a month. Its been a long time now that this bacterial infection has been gone. Tina Kohlman

From: Tina Moehnke <boiler_bay (AT) msn (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: BV againTo: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 6:34 PM

Re: BV again> To: VulvarDisorders@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 4:50 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > One thing that I randomly thought of is are you using topicalestrace? I know my infections seemed to get under some control withtopical estrace. of couse I also started using daily probiotics, goodvitamins, etc., at the same time. But I do

recall seeing a linksomewhere between healthy vaginal bacteria and having enough estrogen.> Lindsey>