RemedySpot.com

no underwear, Gardnerella, Re: Digest Number 6023

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was told my numerous people, "don't wear underwear" and that seemed to make sense, so I didn't for about 6 months. It never helped, and then inadvertently when I started wearing it again, the pain went down by at least half if not more! Because what actually ended up happening was that because I wasn't wearing any underwear, the chaffing had increased so much I thought it was just a part of the V. BUt in reality it was causing more of the discomfort of the V. There were definitely times that underwear was irritating too, but overall I did better surprisingly with it.

My gyno never mentioned gardnerella, but the way you describe it sound like something I had too last year when I was in my worst amount of pain. It seemed everytime I took antibiotics, my V went away completely. Yet no bacteria results ever came back through any culture (once Strep B too, but I don't even know if that was a fluke). Every time I came off the antibiotics, the V came back with a vengeance. I didn't want to be on antibiotics forever, and I was still searching for a more natural cure as i mentioned in my last note. Someone mentioned about perimenopause being a possible cause in a previous note, and that makes sense for me too because mine was hormonal related for sure... and I was going through a perimenopuase too. Hormones play such a big role for what grows down there and not for me.

Faf

Re: Hi all, I'm new hereI am taking Calcium Citrate Plus with Magnesium and Vitamin D. I am using the store brand and they do not list the mgs on the bottle but here is the breakdown on the back:Vitamin d = 250 IUCalcium= 500 mgVitamin B6=10 mgMagnesium= 80 mgZinc=10 mgCopper= 1 mgMaganese= 1 mgBoron= 1 mg?I have never tried the lidocaine cotton ball treatment... .On Tue, Sep 23,

2008 at 2:19 PM, <taurusrc (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:Are you taking calcium citrate without Vitamin D? Ora On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:06:21 -0400, " Balzano" <jbalz600 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote: >Hi,>I bought the pills at Walgreens (calcium citrate) and take two pills after>every large meal; basically I take 2 -4 pills a day (2 after lunch and 2>after dinner) because I do not consider my breakfast to be large as I graze>my way through the morning. I don't have the bottle with me right now but I>can check and get back to you if you need me to.>Hope this helps. Yes, demand a multidisciplinary approach to treatment>because there is no sure fix you

will need the combination of treatments. My>doc believes that just one thing alone will not work so if I just did the>low oxalate diet without the elavil, allegra, calcium citrate it would not>work.>>Good luck,>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post

Messages in this topic (11)

2a.

BV; was:Re: Anyone have the V book?

Posted by: " Mace" prairiefireus@... prairiefireus

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:40 pm (PDT)

Wait, I'm a little confused. Do you know what specific bacteria iscausing your BV?Is it possible that this bacteria has become resistant?============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= => > > > > > > > Standard Treatment: > > > Metronidazole (Flagyl) - 500mg orally twice a day for 7 days > > > Metronidazole gel (0.75%) (MetroGel) - 5g intravaginally twice a day > > for 5 days > > > Clindamycin - 300mg orally twice a day for 7 days > > > Clindamycin cream (2%) - 5g intravaginally at bedtime for 7 days. > > > > > > Alternative Treatment: > > >

Metronidazole - single 2g dose > > > > > > This book was written in 2002. There are other options now that are > > not in here. Clindesse is a Clindamycin intravaginal cream that you > > use at bedtime - once. Tindamax is an antibiotic that you take 2 > > twice a day for 5 days. > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------ > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > ***

Hi Faren:

What antibiotics did you take that made your V go away? The antibiotics for BV are different than the ones for Group B Strep so I'm curious. I have both of them on a regular basis.

Sherri

--------- Re: Hi all, I'm new hereI am taking Calcium Citrate Plus with Magnesium and Vitamin D. I am using the store brand and they do not list the mgs on the bottle but here is the breakdown on the back:Vitamin d = 250 IUCalcium= 500 mgVitamin B6=10 mgMagnesium= 80 mgZinc=10 mgCopper= 1 mgMaganese= 1 mgBoron= 1 mg?I have never tried the lidocaine cotton ball treatment... .On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:19 PM, <taurusrc (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:Are you taking calcium citrate without Vitamin D? Ora On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:06:21 -0400, " Balzano" <jbalz600 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>wrote: >Hi,>I bought the pills at Walgreens (calcium citrate) and take two pills after>every large meal; basically I take 2 -4 pills a day (2 after lunch and 2>after dinner) because I do not consider my breakfast to be large as I graze>my way through the morning. I don't have the bottle with me right now but I>can check and get back to you if you need me to.>Hope this helps. Yes, demand a multidisciplinary approach to treatment>because there is no sure fix you will need the combination of treatments. My>doc be

lieves that just one thing alone will not work so if I just did the>low oxalate diet without the elavil, allegra, calcium citrate it would not>work.>>Good luck,>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (11)

2a.

BV; was:Re: Anyone have the V book?

Posted by: " Mace" prairiefireus@... prairiefireus

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:40 pm (PDT)

Wait, I'm a little confused. Do you know what specific bacteria iscausing your BV?Is it possible that this bacteria has become resistant?============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= => > > > > > > > Standard Treatment: > > > Metronidazole (Flagyl) - 500mg orally twice a day for 7 days > > > Metronidazole gel (0.75%) (MetroGel) - 5g intravaginally twice a day > > for 5 days > > > Clindamycin - 300mg orally twice a day for 7 days > > > Clindamycin cream (2%) - 5g intravaginally at bedtime for 7 days. > > > > > > Alternative Treatment: > > > Metronidazole - single 2g dose > > > > > > This book was written in 2002. There are other options now that are > > not in here. Clindesse is a Clindamycin intravaginal cream that you > > use at bedtime - once. Tindamax is an antibiotic that you take 2 > > twice a day for 5 days. > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------ > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > ***