RemedySpot.com

-- Has anyone used natural remedies for BV?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi --

Yeah, I took Flagyl recently when I first got BV and I felt a ton

better after the first day. Then I was given Flagyl a second time when

the BV came back, and it's not really helping too much. It's been 4

days and I might feel slightly better but that's about it.

How long did you use the tea tree oil suppositories for? And what were

your hormonal issues? I'm suspecting that hormones have at least a

little to do with this issue because I changed my thyroid medicine a

month or two before the issue started and later realized that my new

doc didn't convert properly to the new med so I am still on a much too

low dose. Also, I was briefly on hyrocortisone which I think may have

screwed with my hormones. Supposedly it takes 2 weeks for them to get

out of your system.

Have others found that Flagyl didn't work as well after the first time?

> >>

> >> > I used boric acid suppositories. They are supposed to work on

> > BV and

> >> > yeast. They didn't work on either for me.

> >> >

> >> > Sherri

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > -------------- Original message --------------

> >> > From: " femifesto "

> >> >

> >> > > I'm curious if anyone has successfully used any alternative

> > treatments

> >> > > for BV like tea tree oil suppositories or garlic inserted

vaginally?

> >> > > It seems like people talk a lot about alternative yeast

> > treatments but

> >> > > not BV as much.

> >> > >

> >> > >

> >> > >

> >> > >

> >> > > ------------------------------------

> >> > >

> >> > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST,

> >> > > Thanks for your cooperation! **

> >> > >

> >> > > ***

I have found that meds don't work as well for me when I use them repeatedly. I used to use Flagyl, then switched to Clindesse now I use Tindamax for BV. Hopefully, this will continue to work because I am running out of options.

Sherri

-------------- Original message -------------- > Hi -- > > Yeah, I took Flagyl recently when I first got BV and I felt a ton > better after the first day. Then I was given Flagyl a second time when > the BV came back, and it's not really helping too much. It's been 4 > days and I might feel slightly better but that's about it. > > How long did you use the tea tree oil suppositories for? And what were > your hormonal issues? I'm suspecting that hormones have at least a > little to do with this issue because I changed my thyroid medicine a > month or two before the issue started and later realized that my new > doc didn't convert properly to the new med so I am still on a much too > low dose. Also, I was briefly on hyrocortisone which I think may hav

e > screwed with my hormones. Supposedly it takes 2 weeks for them to get > out of your system. > > Have others found that Flagyl didn't work as well after the first time? > > > > > >> > > >> > I used boric acid suppositories. They are supposed to work on > > > BV and > > >> > yeast. They didn't work on either for me. > > >> > > > >> > Sherri > > >> > > > >> > > > &gt

;> > -------------- Original message -------------- > > >> > From: "femifesto" > > >> > > > >> > > I'm curious if anyone has successfully used any alternative > > > treatments > > >> > > for BV like tea tree oil suppositories or garlic inserted > vaginally? > > >> > > It seems like people talk a lot about alternative yeast > > > treatments but > > >> > > not BV as much. > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > ------------------------------------ > > >> > > > > >> > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > > >> > > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > >> > > > > &gt

;> > > ***

Hi Sherri--

That's interesting, Sherri. I was wondering if this happens to other

people. Have you found that if you use one repeatedly you will still

test positive for BV while you are on the med, or shortly after you've

discontinued it?

I still have all the same symptoms I did before starting Flagyl again.

I'm going back in on Wed. Wondering if I should just stop the Flagyl

since it sure doesn't seem to be helping. It's been 4 days.

Sherri, have you ever tried the Tea Tree oil suppositories?

> > > >>

> > > >> > I used boric acid suppositories. They are supposed to work on

> > > > BV and

> > > >> > yeast. They didn't work on either for me.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Sherri

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > -------------- Original message --------------

> > > >> > From: " femifesto "

> > > >> >

> > > >> > > I'm curious if anyone has successfully used any alternative

> > > > treatments

> > > >> > > for BV like tea tree oil suppositories or garlic inserted

> > vaginally?

> > > >> > > It seems like people talk a lot about alternative yeast

> > > > treatments but

> > > >> > > not BV as much.

> > > >> > >

> > > >> > >

> > > >> > >

> > > >> > >

> > > >> > > ------------------------------------

> > > >> > >

> > > >> > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST,

> > > >> > > Thanks for your cooperation! **

> > > >> > >

> > > >> > > ***

I bought a six pack of them and put one in every night before bed; it seemed to help. My hormones got all out of whack when I switched birth control pills; I since have switched back to the bc patch (which helped a lot!) and stopped having the hormonal issues. My dr. said that the low-dose pill I was on put my hormones out of balance because it had too much progestin (?) in it.

Hi --

Yeah, I took Flagyl recently when I first got BV and I felt a ton

better after the first day. Then I was given Flagyl a second time when

the BV came back, and it's not really helping too much. It's been 4

days and I might feel slightly better but that's about it.

How long did you use the tea tree oil suppositories for? And what were

your hormonal issues? I'm suspecting that hormones have at least a

little to do with this issue because I changed my thyroid medicine a

month or two before the issue started and later realized that my new

doc didn't convert properly to the new med so I am still on a much too

low dose. Also, I was briefly on hyrocortisone which I think may have

screwed with my hormones. Supposedly it takes 2 weeks for them to get

out of your system.

Have others found that Flagyl didn't work as well after the first time?

Hi :

I have never gone back to be retested while on the meds for BV. I usually wait a minimum of two weeks. Sometimes I still test positive, but not recently. But then sometimes I will test negative and go back in two months and have it again usually without symptoms.

I never tried tea tree suppositories. I used to use tea tree oil in a bath when I had a lot of burning about a year ago. But, I put too much in the tub and burned my skin!! DUH.............like I don't have enough problems. Call the doctor and ask if you should discontinue the Flagyl since you are going in on Wednesday.

Does Flagyl bother your stomach? It kills mine. My daughter was on Flagyl for months for Crohn's disease, I don't know how she took it for so long.

Sherri

-------------- Original message -------------- > Hi Sherri-- > > That's interesting, Sherri. I was wondering if this happens to other > people. Have you found that if you use one repeatedly you will still > test positive for BV while you are on the med, or shortly after you've > discontinued it? > > I still have all the same symptoms I did before starting Flagyl again. > I'm going back in on Wed. Wondering if I should just stop the Flagyl > since it sure doesn't seem to be helping. It's been 4 days. > > Sherri, have you ever tried the Tea Tree oil suppositories? > > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > I used boric acid suppositories. They are supposed to work on > > > > > BV and > > > > >> > yeast. They didn't work on either for me. > > > > >> > > > > > >> > Sherri > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > -------------- Original message -------------- > > > > >> > From: "femifesto" > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > I'm curious if anyone has successfully used any alternat

ive > > > > > treatments > > > > >> > > for BV like tea tree oil suppositories or garlic inserted > > > vaginally? > > > > >> > > It seems like people talk a lot about alternative yeast > > > > > treatments but > > > > >> > > not BV as much. > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > ------------------------------------ > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > > > > >> > > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > ***

Flagyl bothered my stomach so much. It always screwed up my digestion more than other antibiotics I've been on. Plus its chemical similarity to the drug anti-abuse made me feel ill just being around the smell of alcohol (not great for when you want to go to a nice restaurant and everyone else is having wine :-P).

Hi :

I have never gone back to be retested while on the meds for BV. I usually wait a minimum of two weeks. Sometimes I still test positive, but not recently. But then sometimes I will test negative and go back in two months and have it again usually without symptoms.

I never tried tea tree suppositories. I used to use tea tree oil in a bath when I had a lot of burning about a year ago. But, I put too much in the tub and burned my skin!! DUH.............like I don't have enough problems. Call the doctor and ask if you should discontinue the Flagyl since you are going in on Wednesday.

Does Flagyl bother your stomach? It kills mine. My daughter was on Flagyl for months for Crohn's disease, I don't know how she took it for so long.

Sherri

Hi Sherri--

Ugh, I don't know what to do! This is just all throwing me into such a

panic because I haven't had any infections since my vulvodynia started

and I actually finally had a handle on it after being disabled by it

for so long. Infections were what got me into the whole mess.

Maybe I shouldn't go back in so soon to be checked. I just feel like

the Flagyl is not doing anything this time. It's been 4 days of it. Do

you ever still have symptoms that far into the week of treatment?

The Flagyl does make me nauseous at times. I was supposed to go out

with some friends on Saturday and couldn't because I was about to

throw up!

Thanks for all of your help with this.

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >> > I used boric acid suppositories. They are supposed to

work on

> > > > > > BV and

> > > > > >> > yeast. They didn't work on either for me.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Sherri

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > -------------- Original message --------------

> > > > > >> > From: " femifesto "

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > > I'm curious if anyone has successfully used any

alternative

> > > > > > treatments

> > > > > >> > > for BV like tea tree oil suppositories or garlic

inserted

> > > > vaginally?

> > > > > >> > > It seems like people talk a lot about alternative yeast

> > > > > > treatments but

> > > > > >> > > not BV as much.

> > > > > >> > >

> > > > > >> > >

> > > > > >> > >

> > > > > >> > >

> > > > > >> > > ------------------------------------

> > > > > >> > >

> > > > > >> > > **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST,

> > > > > >> > > Thanks for your cooperation! **

> > > > > >> > >

> > > > > >> > > ***

Flagyl (and Metrogel) have NEVER worked for me, I don't know why. When I'd tell my doctors this, they'd scoff and prescribe it anyway. Then it wouldn't do anything and I'd have go back to get some other kind of antibiotic. It finally got to the point where I'd tell them I'm "allergic" to Flagyl, so they don't prescribe it any more. I don't like to lie, but it was the only way they'd listen.

My current gyno put me on a once-a-week application of topical Clindamycin (Clindamax), which seems to keep the BV under control. If I miss a week, the BV comes right back. If I use the cream more often than once a week, I get a yeast infection.

For me, it helped to realize that BV is an imbalance, NOT an infection, therefore, you don't "cure" it with antibiotics. Bacteria and yeast are everywhere, and the only way to permanently rid yourself of them is to have a healthy immune system, proper hormonal balance, good diet and adequate lactobacilli colonization. For many of us--especially those with other health problems--that's not easy to achieve.

I have to wonder if the bacteria involved in BV are developing a resistance to Flagyl? Or maybe it's because 'bacterial vaginosis" is such a vague description and can involve any number of bacteria, singly or together. I know most gynos don't like to do cultures. But simply throwing Flagyl at the problem is a simplistic approach, especially given that this medication has a number of bad side effects, especially with repeated use.

Zig