RemedySpot.com

Night Sweats?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have gotten them from eating certain foods...also alcohol!

Could be from birth control pills screwing up your hormones????

BlueeberriNew MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Does anyone else here get night sweats that isn't going through menopause or perimenopause? I'm only 24 and I noticed I've been getting a lot of night-sweats lately and I'm not quite sure why. It's not fun to wake up drenched and having to change my night shirt because it's wet. I've gotten them a little bit in the past, but lately it's been every night.

That's what I would have though, but I've been on Ortho-Evra (bc patch) for about 4 years now and haven't had this side effect consistently until recently. The night sweats don't seem to coincide with when I'm having a lot of vulvar pain or when I've consumed alcohol or anything like that; they just seem to happen all the time lately! It's getting annoying.

I have gotten them from eating certain foods...also alcohol!

Could be from birth control pills screwing up your hormones????

Blueeberri

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

I mean " thought " :). It's just really frustrating because it's

affecting my quality of sleep. I feel like I've finally got my v

problems to a manageable point and now this pops up.

> That's what I would have though, but I've been on Ortho-Evra (bc patch) for

> about 4 years now and haven't had this side effect consistently until

> recently. The night sweats don't seem to coincide with when I'm having a

> lot of vulvar pain or when I've consumed alcohol or anything like that; they

> just seem to happen all the time lately! It's getting annoying.

>

>

>

>> I have gotten them from eating certain foods...also alcohol!

>> Could be from birth control pills screwing up your hormones????

>>

>> *Blueeberri*

>>

>>

>>

>> ------------------------------

>> New *MapQuest Local* shows what's happening at your destination. Dining,

>> Movies, Events, News more. Try it

>> outhttp://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001>

>> !

>>

>>

>

You should have your Thyroid checked, my sister thought she was in

peri-menopause for years she was getting night sweats as, turned out she

has an under active Thyroid

> >

> >> I have gotten them from eating certain foods...also alcohol!

> >> Could be from birth control pills screwing up your hormones????

> >>

> >> *Blueeberri*

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> ------------------------------

> >> New *MapQuest Local* shows what's happening at your destination.

Dining,

> >> Movies, Events, News more. Try it

> >> outhttp://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001>

> >> !

> >>

> >>

> >

>

That is a good possibility. My periods got scanty and weird when I was 29 and

my doctor put me on thryroid. But I didn't have night sweats.

Ora

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 07:38:42 -0000, " cranberry1914 " vicky@...>

wrote:

>

>You should have your Thyroid checked, my sister thought she was in

>peri-menopause for years she was getting night sweats as, turned out she

>has an under active Thyroid

>

Hi ,

I'm new here. Will post more on myself when I have a moment but wanted to write back on 's post. My sister is also going through this and the only answer is stress. She doesn't have vv but does have thyroid cists. Her thyroid has been completely checked. All blood work is good so nothing there and hormone levels are good so no early menopause. The doctors (and her husband that is also a doctor) now agree that they think it is tremendous stress that just makes her body react in strange ways. They are monitoring it for now. In her case, her 9 year old special needs son, just passed away. Could it be that you are having a lot of stress yourself?

Night Sweats?

Does anyone else here get night sweats that isn't going through menopause or perimenopause? I'm only 24 and I noticed I've been getting a lot of night-sweats lately and I'm not quite sure why. It's not fun to wake up drenched and having to change my night shirt because it's wet. I've gotten them a little bit in the past, but lately it's been every night.

I've had my thyroid levels checked twice in the past year and they're normal. I'm wondering if it's a symptom of the Cymbalta I'm on for my pudenal neuralgia.

That is a good possibility. My periods got scanty and weird when I was 29 and

my doctor put me on thryroid. But I didn't have night sweats.

Ora

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 07:38:42 -0000, " cranberry1914 "

wrote:

>

>You should have your Thyroid checked, my sister thought she was in

>peri-menopause for years she was getting night sweats as, turned out she

>has an under active Thyroid

>

Thanks for the ideas all! I talked to my doctor and I'm pretty sure it's a side effect from the Cymbalta and from my anxiety disorder. Still going in to get checked out, but they've lessened recently as well. I think it's just one of the ways my body reacts to stress and the like, unfortunately.

I think anxiety can also cause them. Definitely check with your doc.

Lindsey

Hi ,I read your other post -- I have Pudendal Neuralgia, too. I flew to NH twice last winter and had two rounds of bi-lateral nerve blocks. It's been a hard battle for me this past year. Surgery has been mentioned to me as an option...but I have decided no way.As for the night sweats...I used to suffer from them before I began using an estrogen patch. For whatever reason...my hormones have fallen terribly low. I'm 36, but I've been using a patch for two years now. Did you say Cymbalta can cause them? I have a Rx for it...but I've not started it yet. I have a very hard time with meds. I'm just now up to 2 half doses of Tramadol a day. By chance, do you eat a lot of soy? It can lower your hormone levels. Just a thought. Take

Care,Chelle

I'm currently on the birth control patch (which I went off for a while for a different pill, which was not a good idea!!) so my hormone levels are back up and are pretty good right now. All SSRI's and SNRI's (Cymbalta is a SNRI) can cause night sweats as a side effect. I'm not sure if that's what is doing it to me now, as I have been taking it for two months and just started experiencing frequent night sweats in the last couple weeks. But it can definitely be a side effect and I wouldn't be surprised if it was causing it.

Luckily I was diagnosed right away (within 4 months from when the first pain started) so just the Cymbalta and Estrogen cream along with going back on the birth control patch seemed to alleviate most of the pain I was having. I've read about the surgery too, and it seems kind of risky and not well-researched because they haven't been doing it that long so it's still kind of experimental.

I don't eat a lot of soy, but I will keep that in mind to avoid it! Right now I'm thinking the night sweats are anxiety-related and might be exacerbated by the Cymbalta. I've had night sweats in the past before when I had bad anxiety.

Hi ,I read your other post -- I have Pudendal Neuralgia, too. I flew to NH twice last winter and had two rounds of bi-lateral nerve blocks. It's been a hard battle for me this past year. Surgery has been mentioned to me as an option...but I have decided no way.

As for the night sweats...I used to suffer from them before I began using an estrogen patch. For whatever reason...my hormones have fallen terribly low. I'm 36, but I've been using a patch for two years now.

Did you say Cymbalta can cause them? I have a Rx for it...but I've not started it yet. I have a very hard time with meds. I'm just now up to 2 half doses of Tramadol a day. By chance, do you eat a lot of soy? It can lower your hormone levels. Just a thought.

Take

Care,Chelle