RemedySpot.com

Physical Therapy Article in the NVA NEWSLETTER - , Liz & Rhonda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Back in February, some will remember, Prendergast and Liz Rummer (pelvicpainrehab.com) flew to Chicago for the taping of the Oprah Show that was to include a segment about Vulvodynia. The segment has yet to air. It was still a success, because and Liz spoke with Christen Veasley and Rhonda joined them later that evening. It was agreed that the PT's would write a fall article for the NVA Newsletter. I received my copy in the mail today. Sure enough the article is the first one on the front page. It is well written. They highlight things like: skin rolling, trigger point release and how pain is referred to areas from trigger points, they give an example of a Case report of a 24 yr. old woman with vestibulitis (aka vestibulodynia) and her treatment to wellness through her evaluation and

treatment plan.I will write to Christin and also and see if we could put the article on the groups. I think it's best to get permission! ;) If you are able, consider contacting the NVA for a copy of this newsletter. I believe they charge $10. The money goes for a worthy cause...RESEARCH for vulvar pain. There are doctors and practitioners that are members of the NVA. Hopefully this article will introduce some of them to possibility of pelvic floor dysfunction and the role of neuro-muscular pain. One step at a time Ladies...we'll get there...Chelle