weeks ago received cryotherapy (freezing of infected cells in the

cervix) for cervicitis. I tried an antibiotic first but that did not

work (50/50 chance of clearing it up). I am still

experiencing " sloughing " or a watery discharge of the dead cells from

cryotherapy. Everything I read says that this should only last for a

couple of weeks afterwards. I am hoping that once the cervicits is

cleared up that my vulvodynia symptoms will decrease. I have a few

questions:

-has anyone that has had cryotherapy gone on to conceive?

-once the cervicitis was cured, did your vulvodynia symptoms decrease?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have had issues with cervicitis before, the worst being from 2003-2005 which is why I had the cryotherapy done. With cryotherapy because it's freezing off old skin to cause new skin to form as far as I know that should not have an affect on fertility since the cryotherapy is different than doing something like cone surgery like they do for cervical cancer.

The fact that you are still having the sloughing off from the procedure I would recommend getting back in touch with your doctor to let them know what's going on.

I've never heard of cervicitis being connected to vulvodynia. That's interesting. The reason it's especially interesting is because I have had issues with cervicitis in the past since long before I ever had the surgery that caused me to get vulvodynia. But when I had it in the past it was only like two or three times.

The reason that I ended up with so much cervicitis in 2003-2005 that led to the cryotherapy is because I am so prone to female infections. I get an infection at least 3 or 4 times a year. It used to be a lot more than that at one time and part of the reason I am so prone to female infections is in part because of my endometriosis. The other reason is because of the surgery that caused my vulvodynia.

Thankfully right now my vulvodynia is quiet and I have not needed to use my Lidocaine in a while. One reason why not is because of the particular kind of cotton panties that I am using. I get the kind from Hanes that are UltraSoft.

But even after I had my cryotherapy my vulvodynia did not quiet down, not like it is now.

If you would like to talk some more about this please feel free to e-mail me off site any time.

Kristy :)

Subject: CervicitisTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 2:23 PM

Hello,I am writing to see if anyone has also been diagnosed with cervicitis as I have read and been told that it can be a complication from Vulvodynia. I was diagnosed with cervicitis and vulvodynia and three weeks ago received cryotherapy (freezing of infected cells in the cervix) for cervicitis. I tried an antibiotic first but that did not work (50/50 chance of clearing it up). I am still experiencing "sloughing" or a watery discharge of the dead cells from cryotherapy. Everything I read says that this should only last for a couple of weeks afterwards. I am hoping that once the cervicits is cleared up that my vulvodynia symptoms will decrease. I have a few questions:-has anyone that has had cryotherapy gone on to conceive?-once the cervicitis was cured, did your vulvodynia symptoms decrease?Thanks for any feedback.