good news, and maybe it will inspire some hope to you as well. For

three years, I have (and still do, partially) suffered with vulvar

pain. I was in a long term relationship where for the first week of

it, we had great sex, and then NOTHING for THREE YEARS. I have in the

past two months felt that I am definitely getting better and I've had

sex regularly with next to no pain. So what did I do? I'm not saying

it will work for everyone, but here are what I think are the main

contributing factors:By the way, I'm 25yo, 145lbs and my onset of pain

began after stopping and starting the BC pill.

1. YOGA. - this was the number one icing on the cake to my recovery.

Actually I moved to Taiwan from Canada last year, and for the past

three months, I have been practicing yoga twice a week for an hour and

a half each time. My yoga instructor was trained in Thailand and she

focuses on the seven chakras going down your spine. I focused on my

own and in the class, on exercises that target the bottom three

chakras. The base, reproductive organs and mid section. The exercises

to those areas has worked wonders. I began to notice a difference

after about four weeks when my sex drive increased and I began to feel

more blood flow and pleasure in the area. My abs and lower area have

become stronger and more firm. Finally, I was able to have sex. I

seriously believe that before trying medication, if you suffer from

pain in that area (I was diagnosed with vestibulitis) and it came on

suddenly, this might work! It worked for me, and I didn't take any

meds or have a surgery. I'm not saying that those options aren't good

for some people, but maybe this route can be tried first. Yep, it took

me three years to figure this out! I would be interested in hearing

other people who have tried yoga as a means of curing this type of

pain.

OTHER FACTORS:

Diet- I cut down on coffee (only once a week) and beer. I drink liquor

or wine about two times a week, but almost never have beer except in a

social situation maybe once or twice a month. I also in general try to

eat extremely well overall.

Warmer climate - I moved to Taiwan. I don't know if this could be a

factor, but it's hotter and also I eat more fruit and vegetables than

I did in Canada and drink more water.

Massage- I get massages once a month. It's cheap in Taiwan. I go for

the Thai massage where they crack your spine and neck, but I've been

doing this over six months now and I still think yoga is the main

reason I am better.

BC Pill: I quit the BC pill two years ago. I will never go on it

again, since the stopping and restarting of the pill is when my

problems originally occurred, and I seriously believe that this

distrupted my blood flow and sex drive. This is not a medical

opinion...just my own from listening to my body.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you have tried these things, but the YOGA

was a huge factor and I seriously consider it the main thing that

cured me, along with not drinking too much beer or coffee because

those tended to make my bladder over react. Even though I can't enjoy

every position I'm happy to be able to enjoy three or four of them as

of now, and hopefully more later as I can strengthen those muscles

through yoga practice.

Miranda

Hello Miranda,

thanks for the letter, it is great.

I always prefere to look for alternatives to the regular medications and your

experiance sounds like something that can help.

I was diagnosed about 6 mounth ago with vestibulitis also. I am practicing phisiotherapy now that seems to make some difference (i just started as we don't have a lot of doctors who specialized in this area.)

In your case and many other i think, one of the main factors is stress (in my case i also think it is one of the problems) and yoga can also help stressed body and strengthen the relevant muscles.In you case i think also moving to Taiwan is also changed your lifestyle = less stress i guess , plus massages = less stress.

I think you are definitely right, that all these things helped you to solve most of the problem.

I am practicing pilates right now, i hope it will also help me together with physiotherapy.

thanks for shairing your information.

Have a great day

Yulya

my recovery

Hi all,I haven't written to this group in a while but I want to post somegood news, and maybe it will inspire some hope to you as well. Forthree years, I have (and still do, partially) suffered with vulvarpain. I was in a long term relationship where for the first week ofit, we had great sex, and then NOTHING for THREE YEARS. I have in thepast two months felt that I am definitely getting better and I've hadsex regularly with next to no pain. So what did I do? I'm not sayingit will work for everyone, but here are what I think are the maincontributing factors:By the way, I'm 25yo, 145lbs and my onset of painbegan after stopping and starting the BC pill.1. YOGA. - this was the number one icing on the cake to my recovery.Actually I moved to Taiwan from Canada last year, and for the pastthree months, I have been practicing yoga twice a week for an hour anda half each time. My yoga instructor

was trained in Thailand and shefocuses on the seven chakras going down your spine. I focused on myown and in the class, on exercises that target the bottom threechakras. The base, reproductive organs and mid section. The exercisesto those areas has worked wonders. I began to notice a differenceafter about four weeks when my sex drive increased and I began to feelmore blood flow and pleasure in the area. My abs and lower area havebecome stronger and more firm. Finally, I was able to have sex. Iseriously believe that before trying medication, if you suffer frompain in that area (I was diagnosed with vestibulitis) and it came onsuddenly, this might work! It worked for me, and I didn't take anymeds or have a surgery. I'm not saying that those options aren't goodfor some people, but maybe this route can be tried first. Yep, it tookme three years to figure this out! I would be interested in hearingother

people who have tried yoga as a means of curing this type ofpain.OTHER FACTORS:Diet- I cut down on coffee (only once a week) and beer. I drink liquoror wine about two times a week, but almost never have beer except in asocial situation maybe once or twice a month. I also in general try toeat extremely well overall.Warmer climate - I moved to Taiwan. I don't know if this could be afactor, but it's hotter and also I eat more fruit and vegetables thanI did in Canada and drink more water.Massage- I get massages once a month. It's cheap in Taiwan. I go forthe Thai massage where they crack your spine and neck, but I've beendoing this over six months now and I still think yoga is the mainreason I am better.BC Pill: I quit the BC pill two years ago. I will never go on itagain, since the stopping and restarting of the pill is when myproblems originally occurred, and I seriously

believe that thisdistrupted my blood flow and sex drive. This is not a medicalopinion...just my own from listening to my body.Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you have tried these things, but the YOGAwas a huge factor and I seriously consider it the main thing thatcured me, along with not drinking too much beer or coffee becausethose tended to make my bladder over react. Even though I can't enjoyevery position I'm happy to be able to enjoy three or four of them asof now, and hopefully more later as I can strengthen those musclesthrough yoga practice.Miranda

That's great news Maranda.

I too have benefited from Yoga and diet changes.

I love the massage idea.

Take care.

S.

Subject: Re: my recoveryTo: VulvarDisorders Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 7:13 AM

Hello Miranda,

thanks for the letter, it is great.

I always prefere to look for alternatives to the regular medications and your

experiance sounds like something that can help.

I was diagnosed about 6 mounth ago with vestibulitis also. I am practicing phisiotherapy now that seems to make some difference (i just started as we don't have a lot of doctors who specialized in this area.)

In your case and many other i think, one of the main factors is stress (in my case i also think it is one of the problems) and yoga can also help stressed body and strengthen the relevant muscles.In you case i think also moving to Taiwan is also changed your lifestyle = less stress i guess , plus massages = less stress.

I think you are definitely right, that all these things helped you to solve most of the problem.

I am practicing pilates right now, i hope it will also help me together with physiotherapy.

thanks for shairing your information.

Have a great day

Yulya

my recovery

Hi all,I haven't written to this group in a while but I want to post somegood news, and maybe it will inspire some hope to you as well. Forthree years, I have (and still do, partially) suffered with vulvarpain. I was in a long term relationship where for the first week ofit, we had great sex, and then NOTHING for THREE YEARS. I have in thepast two months felt that I am definitely getting better and I've hadsex regularly with next to no pain. So what did I do? I'm not sayingit will work for everyone, but here are what I think are the maincontributing factors:By the way, I'm 25yo, 145lbs and my onset of painbegan after stopping and starting the BC pill.1. YOGA. - this was the number one icing on the cake to my recovery.Actually I moved to Taiwan from Canada last year, and for the pastthree months, I have been practicing yoga twice a week for an hour anda half each time. My yoga instructor

was trained in Thailand and shefocuses on the seven chakras going down your spine. I focused on myown and in the class, on exercises that target the bottom threechakras. The base, reproductive organs and mid section. The exercisesto those areas has worked wonders. I began to notice a differenceafter about four weeks when my sex drive increased and I began to feelmore blood flow and pleasure in the area. My abs and lower area havebecome stronger and more firm. Finally, I was able to have sex. Iseriously believe that before trying medication, if you suffer frompain in that area (I was diagnosed with vestibulitis) and it came onsuddenly, this might work! It worked for me, and I didn't take anymeds or have a surgery. I'm not saying that those options aren't goodfor some people, but maybe this route can be tried first. Yep, it tookme three years to figure this out! I would be interested in hearingother

people who have tried yoga as a means of curing this type ofpain.OTHER FACTORS:Diet- I cut down on coffee (only once a week) and beer. I drink liquoror wine about two times a week, but almost never have beer except in asocial situation maybe once or twice a month. I also in general try toeat extremely well overall.Warmer climate - I moved to Taiwan. I don't know if this could be afactor, but it's hotter and also I eat more fruit and vegetables thanI did in Canada and drink more water.Massage- I get massages once a month. It's cheap in Taiwan. I go forthe Thai massage where they crack your spine and neck, but I've beendoing this over six months now and I still think yoga is the mainreason I am better.BC Pill: I quit the BC pill two years ago. I will never go on itagain, since the stopping and restarting of the pill is when myproblems originally occurred, and I seriously

believe that thisdistrupted my blood flow and sex drive. This is not a medicalopinion...just my own from listening to my body.Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you have tried these things, but the YOGAwas a huge factor and I seriously consider it the main thing thatcured me, along with not drinking too much beer or coffee becausethose tended to make my bladder over react. Even though I can't enjoyevery position I'm happy to be able to enjoy three or four of them asof now, and hopefully more later as I can strengthen those musclesthrough yoga practice.Miranda