RemedySpot.com

RE: Unsure of diagnosis (BV)?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In rereading the following article (for the umpteenth time in the last years) it

has occurred to me that all those bacterial infections that people seem to keep

having without any cure may actually be also related to Crohn's. If one has a

tiny fistula into the vagina there is constant bacteria being released into it

from the intestines and this might cause BV in some or even many cases. Maybe it

is worth looking into. This article mentions something about women being treated

for bacterial infections instead of getting a proper diagnosis of inflammatory

bowel disease. I think it would be hard to diagnose a small fistula into the

vagina--might look like a paper cut--probably does but I always think of the

paper cuts as being on the vulvar skin and even that doesn't seem to alert docs

about Crohn's Disease.

I don't know how they diagnose Crohn's but maybe one should find out if they are

constantly plagued by Bacterial Infections.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20011115/1725.html

Incidentally, Hollis mentioned Gluten Sensitivity (thanks, Hollis) and I just

wanted to add that some say that if one has Crohn's, they also have gluten

sensitivity. Something causes all these so called diseases.

I haven't had the need to be on the Lichen Sclerosis list for many years but I

agree that these lists are really maybe the only way some will ever find help

and understand anything about what is going on. The LS list was great.

Arline 

The following link is a google page about Crohn's and gynecological disease that

might be helpful:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Crohn%27s++Gynecological+disease&btnG=Searc\

h

Arline

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LichenSclerosis/

Hollis

I have been diagnosed with vulvodynia but after doing a lot of research

i am unsure.  I have paid during sex and after sex and i also get small

paper like cuts near the opening of my vagina that sometime even bleed

and when i told my gyno about the cuts she said that it was nothing to

do with what i had and that i should see my gp about it.  I am not

really sure what to do now

I think there is a connection. I had BV for NINE MONTHS straight 7 years ago! It was awful!

Antibotic after antibotic, then I got yeast problems. I finally went on the candida diet which included being dairy and gluten free and my issues went away. Everytime I go back to eating processed foods, yeasty, dairy and lots of gluten, I get a yeast infection. I have definitely had bowel issues throughout the years.

If you haven't tried the diet, I recommend trying it. I sure felt better when I was on it. I go back and forth. I travel for work and it is really hard to stick to it in the small towns I visit. They are just starting to understand how many people are out there that have to eat more natural foods with no preservatives, gluten and dairy.

BlueeberriPlay online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no registration required and great graphics – check it out!

Hi Arline:

Interesting idea. I have chronic BV and my daughter has Crohns. My BV is caused by an overgrowth of Gardnerella bacteria and a lack of Lactobacilli bacteria. I don't think that Gardnerella lives in the intestines, but I may be wrong.

But, next week I am going to see a GI doctor. It's time to have the colonoscopy done. I am going to ask her if she thinks there could be a connection. Who knows. They say that Crohn's is hereditary. I will let you know. Thanks for the great info.

Sherri

-------------- Original message -------------- > In rereading the following article (for the umpteenth time in the last years) it > has occurred to me that all those bacterial infections that people seem to keep > having without any cure may actually be also related to Crohn's. If one has a > tiny fistula into the vagina there is constant bacteria being released into it > from the intestines and this might cause BV in some or even many cases. Maybe it > is worth looking into. This article mentions something about women being treated > for bacterial infections instead of getting a proper diagnosis of inflammatory > bowel disease. I think it would be hard to diagnose a small fistula into the > vagina--might look like a paper cut--probably does but I always think of the > pape

r cuts as being on the vulvar skin and even that doesn't seem to alert docs > about Crohn's Disease. > > I don't know how they diagnose Crohn's but maybe one should find out if they are > constantly plagued by Bacterial Infections. > > http://www.aafp.org/afp/20011115/1725.html > > Incidentally, Hollis mentioned Gluten Sensitivity (thanks, Hollis) and I just > wanted to add that some say that if one has Crohn's, they also have gluten > sensitivity. Something causes all these so called diseases. > > I haven't had the need to be on the Lichen Sclerosis list for many years but I > agree that these lists are really maybe the only way some will ever find help > and understand anything about what is going on. The LS list was great. > > Arline > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The followi

ng link is a google page about Crohn's and gynecological disease that > might be helpful: > > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en & q=Crohn%27s++Gynecological+disease & btnG=Searc > h > > Arline > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LichenSclerosis/ > > Hollis > > > > > I have been diagnosed with vulvodynia but after doing a lot of research > i am unsure. I have paid during sex and after sex and i also get small > paper like cuts near the opening of my vagina that sometime even bleed > and when i told my gyno about the cuts she said that it was nothing to > do with what i had and that i should see my gp about it. I am not > really sure what to do now > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > BR>> **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > ***

Criminy, I hope you can find out something after all this time!! And do let me know. I am always interested.

Arline > > I have been diagnosed with vulvodynia but after doing a lot of research > i am unsure. I have paid during sex and after sex and i also get small > paper like cuts near the opening of my vagina that sometime even bleed > and when i told my gyno about the cuts she said that it was nothing to > do with what i had and that i should see my gp about it. I am not > really sure what to do now > > >

> > > > > > ------------------------------------ > < BR>> **IF REPLYING TO THIS POST, PLEASE REMOVE ORIGINAL POST, > Thanks for your cooperation! ** > > ***