RemedySpot.com

Re: Estrogen Cream was --->Ready to try PT again

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Cia,

Estrogen cream can cause burning when the tissue is still in the process of healing. Dee (group owner) has many posts from the past talking about how badly it hurt her to use in the beginning. It took about two months worth of use for me to begin to feel a difference. I used it every night at that time.

Take Care,

Chelle--- On Sat, 10/25/08, ciallf wroteI have been using compounded estrogen and I missed a day because of my period and started back up toay and boy, it really burns the first couple of days for me. I was told to add Calendula cream with it which I do but still get lots of burning but many sau it helps..after about 5 days I usually do not notice anything..

Hi Lea,

I'm glad the Premarin is working for you. But, yea, I'm one of the ones that wouldn't recommend it...mainly because using the birth control pill as a teen (for Endo) caused me to develop vestibulodynia. I have decided I will never use synthetic hormones again.

As long as we use just a little pea-sized dab, it should not affect our hormone levels. I'm so grateful for estrogen cream! It has helped my vulvar pain more than anything else.

Take Care,

ChelleOut of all the anti-fungal/steroid creams/ointments I was prescribed, the only thing that relieve the burning was the estrogen. I know a lot of ladies with vulvodynia have preferred Estrace, though my doctor prescribed Premarin. I haven't tried Estrace, but I guess if the Premarin is working, why question a "good" thing.

I must still be in the healing stage as it still burns quite a bit. I

have what they call a web (scar tissue) that has formed to protect the

constant inflammation. I am hoping the estrogen will be able to heal

that as well. I have been taking it for about a month and then use

testosterone every 4 days and hope the alkalizing diet will help with

the inflammation and cuts.